PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Episode IX First Order Jet Trooper

Futurion
08-23-2019, 12:42 AM
Your thoughts about design? Buy or pass if HT will make it?

bonsey
08-23-2019, 12:50 AM
Be another FO shelf warmer if they do imo. Easy pass for me ..no interest in sequel stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Johnny Utah
08-23-2019, 12:59 AM
All trooped out I'm afraid. Looking forward to an Uncharted Poe though.

Malgus
08-23-2019, 02:22 AM
Be another FO shelf warmer if they do imo. Easy pass for me ..no interest in sequel stuff.

Then why are you here? Star Wars is bigger than the original trilogy. The old folks don't seem to get that. This particular design doesn't do it for me but that could change once I see it in action.

bonsey
08-23-2019, 02:54 AM
Then why are you here? Star Wars is bigger than the original trilogy. The old folks don't seem to get that. This particular design doesn't do it for me but that could change once I see it in action.Just because i don't like the sequels means I'm not allowed to comment?
Can't wait for The Mandalorian..love Rebels , The Clone Wars, Solo ,Rogue One (favourite SW film out of them all) ..the books ..games but hey. All of these feel like SW ..the sequels don't to me which is sad but happy for those that like them.
The op asked a question ..i gave my thoughts ..that ok or no?

Captain_Trips
08-23-2019, 03:19 AM
No, thank you. Would rather them use his spot for a Knight of Ren.

chemicals
08-23-2019, 03:48 AM
I wonder if Knights of Ren will be shown at D23?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoody999
08-23-2019, 03:51 AM
Just because i don't like the sequels means I'm not allowed to comment?
Can't wait for The Mandalorian..love Rebels , The Clone Wars, Solo ,Rogue One (favourite SW film out of them all) ..the books ..games but hey. All of these feel like SW ..the sequels don't to me which is sad but happy for those that like them.
The op asked a question ..i gave my thoughts ..that ok or no?

I feel exactly the same way [emoji1360] good post.

And yep I'd prefer a Knights of Ren figure or 2 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankbaitJon
08-23-2019, 04:00 AM
I will buy if Hot Toys make it. I will buy all Knights of Ren as well.

darth toffeeman
08-23-2019, 04:06 AM

No chance are they making this.

The Tank Driver from Rogue One looks miles better and that never saw the light of day.

Drake
08-23-2019, 04:11 AM
Would I buy it? Well, it's a trooper that I don't have, so yes, eventually I'm sure I would.

But it's probably the dullest sequel trooper design so far, so I can't imagine ever being in any rush to do so.

Futurion
08-23-2019, 04:20 AM
No chance are they making this.

The Tank Driver from Rogue One looks miles better and that never saw the light of day.

Tank Commander is looking better than any trooper from sequels and still they did those too.

heon123
08-23-2019, 04:32 AM
I like the inscription thing on the chest.

CrankbaitJon
08-23-2019, 05:55 AM
I want to see the back of it. Wonder if it'll be similar to the ones in Battlefront 2.

Hoody999
08-23-2019, 06:03 AM
Not even in the same league of coolness imo

CrankbaitJon
08-23-2019, 06:23 AM
Can't compare it at the moment. It's not in any pose whatsoever and the it's taken from a pretty bad angel, so yeah. The Tank Commander is awesome, same as the Range Trooper. However, HT's marketing department didn't think so. (Note: I said marketing and not Howard because he probably thinks they are awesome too!)

Captain_Trips
08-23-2019, 06:28 AM
Are the same people responsible for designing the troopers for the ST and RO/Solo? Some of those First Order troopers look they were designed by a bunch of 8 year olds in a 'design your own trooper' competition.

CrankbaitJon
08-23-2019, 06:34 AM
The FO troopers are probably limited by some design guidelines that require them to be very "modern" and streamlined. I quite like the Snow and Flame troopers. The Sith Trooper is kind of like "we realize people don't like them but we can't change it too much" way of fixing the FO Stormtrooper. The RO/Solo troopers are just much more realistic, so much more details and weathering.

Captain_Trips
08-23-2019, 06:45 AM
The FO troopers are probably limited by some design guidelines that require them to be very "modern" and streamlined. I quite like the Snow and Flame troopers. The Sith Trooper is kind of like "we realize people don't like them but we can't change it too much" way of fixing the FO Stormtrooper. The RO/Solo troopers are just much more realistic, so much more details and weathering.

Nail on head there!

Hoody999
08-23-2019, 07:34 AM

Yes, however it was JJ who picked the original Ducktrooper design from the multitude of concept art options. So yes they need to stick with this aesthetic, but it's not one I like that much personally.

DioramaMaker
08-23-2019, 08:09 AM
Yes, however it was JJ who picked the original Ducktrooper design from the multitude of concept art options. So yes they need to stick with this aesthetic, but it's not one I like that much personally.We upgraded helmets and relative armor designs across two prequel films; the second that the FO suits were received so poorly I don't think it would have been unreasonabls to have pulled a "phase 2" upgrade and pushed that by the time we got to TLJ.

sithocan
08-23-2019, 08:12 AM
The angle of the photo is so bad even the tank trooper would look off from this angle. A better angle/focal length and a slight pose would make it judgeable.

DarkChocobi
08-23-2019, 08:16 AM

Urhgh...i would rather buy pimp range trooper from Solo than this one

Those TFA flametroopers with similar design are still rotting hard in warehouses of all retailers :lol

Wor-Gar
08-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Looks like a retooled Flametrooper.

I always liked the design of the Flametrooper but never bought one since I'm not a real fan of the new trilogy.

sithocan
08-23-2019, 09:54 AM
I like the flametrooper design and bought it. However, this one have insect-like protrusion on its face which I didn't enjoy, at least at this viewing angle.

DarkChocobi
08-23-2019, 10:01 AM
Apparently it seems to have the commando version of this trooper, and again...with a cape, according to some leaked images upcoming Lego sets of EpIX.

FlyAndFight
08-23-2019, 10:17 AM
Looks like a retooled Flametrooper.

I always liked the design of the Flametrooper but never bought one since I'm not a real fan of the new trilogy.

Same here.

TaliBane
08-23-2019, 03:05 PM
It's funny how trooper variants were one of the coolest things about OT collecting but then came the endless (and aside from a handful of cool designs) PT clones that were pretty meh, partly due to sheer volume.

Then came the ST trooper variants where nearly all just seem so meh both by over-saturation and design (one key design issue for me beyond the cute duck-bill look is the "fat" look of the armor, which is unique in SW troopers) - and they sit pretty much everywhere unsold, years later. I recently counted nearly TWENTY different ST troopers (counting two-packs as two figures) still sitting in stock at popcultcha, which is just insane. Who would think Star Wars troopers would be peg-warmers?

Solo and RO were the only non-OT movies that to me produced some very cool looking and worthwhile trooper variants (that felt like they could have stepped from the OT,) even if I'm not a fan of the "reboot" they did to the stormie armor/helmet in those movies.

Sithblade
08-23-2019, 03:11 PM
Are the same people responsible for designing the troopers for the ST and RO/Solo? Some of those First Order troopers look they were designed by a bunch of 8 year olds in a 'design your own trooper' competition.Add in Falcon, Tie Fighters, slight variant of X Wing, A Wing, and now a Y Wing in the Lego leaks for the film. Couldn't anyone be bothered to design some new ships?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

davejames
08-23-2019, 04:39 PM
I'm one of the few who actually likes the ST troopers, but I can't say this one really does much for me at the moment.

Luke_911
08-24-2019, 01:27 AM
I'm one of the few who actually likes the ST troopers, but I can't say this one really does much for me at the moment.

Same for me, I'm actually pretty fond of some of the trooper designs, but this is honestly pretty offputting, and I did like the flamtrooper design.

Malgus
08-24-2019, 09:19 AM
It's funny how trooper variants were one of the coolest things about OT collecting but then came the endless (and aside from a handful of cool designs) PT clones that were pretty meh, partly due to sheer volume.

Then came the ST trooper variants where nearly all just seem so meh both by over-saturation and design (one key design issue for me beyond the cute duck-bill look is the "fat" look of the armor, which is unique in SW troopers) - and they sit pretty much everywhere unsold, years later. I recently counted nearly TWENTY different ST troopers (counting two-packs as two figures) still sitting in stock at popcultcha, which is just insane. Who would think Star Wars troopers would be peg-warmers?

Solo and RO were the only non-OT movies that to me produced some very cool looking and worthwhile trooper variants (that felt like they could have stepped from the OT,) even if I'm not a fan of the "reboot" they did to the stormie armor/helmet in those movies.

These new troopers are no less cool looking than the ot troopers. The problem is hot toys clearly over produced them. They won't be making that mistake again. I usually don't pay the old farts who think only ot figures look great. They will become less important to star wars sales as time goes by.

Stryker2011
08-24-2019, 11:20 AM
Not a very good design. It honestly looks like everything from the waist up is on backwards.

Captain_Trips
08-24-2019, 11:49 AM
You guys are going to have a field day if the rumours of today’s footage are true. I’ll ready the popcorn.

Wor-Gar
08-24-2019, 12:03 PM
Oh boy... oh boy...

DiFabio
08-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Why does a FO Jet Pack trooper need a helmet like that? Can't they just use one of the dozen other First Order helmets that are already in circulation?

Why can't it just be a FO Trooper with a jet pack on?

Wor-Gar
08-24-2019, 12:36 PM
Actually, a jetpack really should be standard equipment for soldiers in a space fantasy.

TaliBane
08-24-2019, 04:24 PM
These new troopers are no less cool looking than the ot troopers. The problem is hot toys clearly over produced them. They won't be making that mistake again. I usually don't pay the old farts who think only ot figures look great. They will become less important to star wars sales as time goes by.

At some point I'm sure OT troopers will sit unsold for years and ST troopers will be hot sellers. Four years have gone by though, and the ST ends this year. You'd think people would have dumped the OT designs and embraced the new troopers by now.

HT must have overproduced by a LOT. This is PC and BBTS today in stock...
https://i.imgur.com/DABNYm4l.png
https://i.imgur.com/N0OXKwRl.png

Matt S
08-24-2019, 04:42 PM
All trooped out I'm afraid. Looking forward to an Uncharted Poe though.

Same, but specifically for the New Order stuff.......doesn't do much for me

fantasticfrog
08-24-2019, 04:44 PM
You guys are going to have a field day if the rumours of today?s footage are true. I?ll ready the popcorn.

Do tell...

Sithblade
08-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Do tell...Rey, black robes and a double bladed red saber, though a dream like sequence is probably the explanation for it. The clip shown today should be out Monday.

fantasticfrog
08-24-2019, 05:54 PM
Thanks
It?s funny, I just told my 10 year old son about that sequence and he said he hopes Rey turns to the dark side. He said, nobody would expect that!

DarkChocobi
08-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Rey, black robes and a double bladed red saber, though a dream like sequence is probably the explanation for it. The clip shown today should be out Monday.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif

heon123
08-24-2019, 07:58 PM
Dream sequence/vision 100%. JJ's infamous for these types of bait and switches.

ZE_501
08-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Hard pass. I find it kind of boring and uninspired.

In terms of armour, I think the ANH Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper, the Snowtrooper and Scouts, plus Phase I Clone Trooper, Death Trooper, Tank Trooper and Mud Trooper from the later films were all great designs helped further by (mostly) excellent execution within their respective narratives*. (Phase I Clone not so much but it was helped by other media and the retro design.)

Truth is I didn't mind the new stormtroopers in TFA, although I thought the other sequel trilogy variants were lame. I never did buy any though -- the films weren't quite strong enough to move me to open my wallet for them*.

*I did briefly own some SHF TFA stormtroopers -- but that was short-lived as I got out of that scale not too long afterwards.

sithocan
08-25-2019, 01:06 AM
Please put SPOILER warning before such info.

Sidewinder
08-25-2019, 02:02 AM
I skipped on all troopers from the newer films. Kinda regret missing the Death and Shore Troopers from Rogue One, but never really liked the sequels versions much.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CrankbaitJon
08-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Ok I saw more pics of the new trooper. I have all the troopers variants so far but what the heck is up with the mouth piece. The mouth piece looks like a roach or grasshopper. Man...

Wor-Gar
08-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Why would they show that accept to misdirect.

Hoody999
08-25-2019, 01:12 PM
Ok I saw more pics of the new trooper. I have all the troopers variants so far but what the heck is up with the mouth piece. The mouth piece looks like a roach or grasshopper. Man...

God awful design if you ask me...

CrankbaitJon
08-26-2019, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the additional photos. For once I don't like a SW trooper design and that don't happen much. I like them all, well maybe not the Phase 1 Clones but yea. What's with that mouth piece. Also, it has a dome head too??? I'll have to get this if HT makes it as it will likely complete the First Order Troopers collection but yea I don't like the mouth piece.

TaliBane
08-26-2019, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the additional photos. For once I don't like a SW trooper design and that don't happen much. I like them all, well maybe not the Phase 1 Clones but yea. What's with that mouth piece. Also, it has a dome head too??? I'll have to get this if HT makes it as it will likely complete the First Order Troopers collection but yea I don't like the mouth piece.

Yeah, not a huge fan of these troopers with helmets that look like plumbing/toilet fixtures.