Joss says Illyria is his favorite character!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
He said this at the panel at SDCC. I think that means that SSC MUST make an Illyria PF.

Don't you?

Haha Well its a great choice. If Joss loves it. the fans love it.:monkey5
Illyria is one of my top favourites characters. I'd love a PF of her.

she never did it for me. she looked hot, but her character just plain out bored me.... they should have found a way to have Fred coexist with her.

she never did it for me. she looked hot, but her character just plain out bored me.... they should have found a way to have Fred coexist with her.

Thats what was so beautiful about it. I mean why kill Fred to have her still there. There wouldnt be any loss or emotion for the viewers or character. Having this ancient form in the body of the human she killed, gave way to deepen her character as well as Wesleys. To learn and teach an ancient godlike being human existance from a broken human being in the same place as her.
When she finally exclaims her greif for the loss of Wesley her character just goes beyond into new heights. I just found the character so beautifully played and written.
It was also a way to let Amy Acker challenge herself on the show more as said by Joss, who in very Joss fashion killed her character to give her another one to explore.

Well I would still prefer Faith in PF form but Joss is the man so who am I to argue with him if he likes Illyria better?

I read somewhere that Joss had some high level plans for season six before they got canned....

The first one being Willow discovering that Fred was indeed splintered inside of Illyria and seperating them (Amy playing both parts of course.... talk about a challenge.)

Second he was planning on bringing in Oz to sort of mentor Angels new female interest. (Makes sence, her being a werewolf and all)

bah now I am in a bad mood again, another awesome series hitting its stride only to get the rug pulled form under them.:monkey4

I read somewhere that Joss had some high level plans for season six before they got canned....

The first one being Willow discovering that Fred was indeed splintered inside of Illyria and seperating them (Amy playing both parts of course.... talk about a challenge.)

Second he was planning on bringing in Oz to sort of mentor Angels new female interest. (Makes sence, her being a werewolf and all)

bah now I am in a bad mood again, another awesome series hitting its stride only to get the rug pulled form under them.:monkey4

Well a season 6 comic (though it will not be called season 6) will start being published at some point from IDW. So we'll get to see where the story was going to go in Angel. This is what Joss said at Comic-con. I can't wait until that comic starts coming out now.

Those ideas sound amazing. I wish we saw them sometime soon.

Well a season 6 comic (though it will not be called season 6) will start being published at some point from IDW. So we'll get to see where the story was going to go in Angel. This is what Joss said at Comic-con. I can't wait until that comic starts coming out now.

Only the difference now is that Wesley is dead. Originally, if Angel was going to continue to season six, Joss was going to continue the strange and rich relationship of Wesley and Illyria. We only got a truncated version of what he had planned. Joss only killed off Wesley to give the final episode some weight.

Boy, did it ever. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Only the difference now is that Wesley is dead. Originally, if Angel was going to continue to season six, Joss was going to continue the strange and rich relationship of Wesley and Illyria. We only got a truncated version of what he had planned. Joss only killed off Wesley to give the final episode some weight.

True but as Joss said Wes might be dead so he'll of course be the main character. :rotfl:rotfl

There still might be a way to work in Wes even if he was killed off. Characters have been killed off before and have been brought back. Look at Buffy.

agreed. Wesley's death was shocking and tragic. Me and the better 1/2 were completely bawling. (We named our car "Wesley", btw...) I hooked her on Buffy with the musical ep. and then over a year we watched ALL the Buffys and Angels in order. So much fun.
What an amazing character arc Wes went through from S3 of Buffy where at first he was just sort of a "Giles light"

:)

True but as Joss said Wes might be dead so he'll of course be the main character. :rotfl:rotfl

There still might be a way to work in Wes even if he was killed off. Characters have been killed off before and have been brought back. Look at Buffy.

If dead characters came to life all the time, their death would lose some significance and impact. I am not in favour of the resurrection of Wesley, he is one of my favourite characters in the whole Buffyverse, but bringing him to life again would not seem okay. Imagine when you get back to his death, it won't feel the same, knowing that he'll be back. I'd prefer if they did flashbacks to go deeper into his personality and history, or maybe whole arcs, but set in the past.

Yeah, thats just exactly how I feel. The impact of the death is totally lost when theyre just resurrected just to bring the character back. Really it would just feel like a cheap ploy and writing trick to bring him back. It makes what the characters went through in vain and pointless.
It would pretty much be like Tara being brought back in season 7 of Buffy. Now while I missed Tara and loved the character, her death was very significant as was Wesleys, to the plot and character development. If Tara returned I would feel very cheated. Still, they may have something special up theyre sleeve regarding Wes...

They've established that a supernatural death can be resurrected, but a natural death cannot. So it remains to be seen - was Wes's death natural or supernatural?

And he could come back as a ghost or demon. Heck, Illyria's a god - she could just say - "you're alive."

Hell, I miss FRED!

Wasn't it established that not only did she die, but every trace of her, (soul and all) was obliterated?

:(

I wish they start this "season 6" with an #0 issue or something and changes the ending of season 5 to what it would have been, had it been followed by a season 6! Otherwise this whole project would be a continuation of a compromise! I guess most of us would like to read the "real" season 6 and not as if it had been picked up after 2 year hiatus and they had to cobble together a continuation where there wheren't supposed to be one.

Back