Trevor, please sculpt this Princess Leia!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, this is my favorite rendition of Leia and I really don't want to have to pass on her like I did with Boushh and ANH Leia.

If you can sculpt Bespin Leia, something like this... I, along with many others, would be extremely happy!!!...ok so maybe I speak for myself. ;) But you guys like this right??

So, please, please, please!!!! Trevor, or any sculptor already assigned to this project, please!!!!! Sculpt her the way you would like her to look on your shelf. Something to display with pride, right? And notice the size of her head compared to her body.:lol And doesn't she look sexy with that stormtrooper blaster after taking revenge against the freezing of Han?:D

leia.jpg

Besides the ANH and Boushh Leia, this is the final version I'm wanting. I think of all of them its her most kickass :rock

ha! well, I gotta say, this is also my favorite Leia look too. If I get the job, I'll do my best not to disappoint! Carrie Fisher definitely looks like a fun challenge. Andy's done extraordinary work on her portrait though, so there's a lot to live up to

a lot of that 'big head' syndrome would be lost if we could sculpt necks onto the female portraits. of course, these are figures and not statues, so that would limit the mobility of the heads a lot.

here's to hoping you get your ideal Leia sometime, Justin!

Ok, this is my favorite rendition of Leia and I really don't want to have to pass on her like I did with Boushh and ANH Leia.

If you can sculpt Bespin Leia, something like this... I, along with many others, would be extremely happy!!!...ok so maybe I speak for myself. ;) But you guys like this right??

So, please, please, please!!!! Trevor, or any sculptor already assigned to this project, please!!!!! Sculpt her the way you would like her to look on your shelf. Something to display with pride, right? And notice the size of her head compared to her body.:lol And doesn't she look sexy with that stormtrooper blaster after taking revenge against the freezing of Han?:D

leia.jpg

This would be a great figure. Would you rather see a Hoth Leia with interchangeable Bespin head sculpt or Bespin with interchangeable red dress and white jumpsuit. Maybe an ultimate Empire Strikes Back Leia that encompasses all three looks. Either way, I would probably buy all three.:D

a lot of that 'big head' syndrome would be lost if we could sculpt necks onto the female portraits.

why is this? and why do the male figures with necks also have heads that are too big?

i wonder if sideshow will double dip with the hoth/bespin escape leia? they are the same base figure.

what would you guys like to see? the ultimate leia that could be both bespin escape and hoth leia or separate releases?

i'd prefer one release of hoth leia with extra head, shoes and stormtrooper blaster to make bespin escape leia.

why is this? and why do the male figures with necks also have heads that are too big?

the neck post on the girl Buck body is quite narrow, so a good number of the portraits look too big on it. some of the exaggeration is done to accommodate the way the clothes will inevitably 'bulk' up the body. I'm notorious for making my portraits too small and then inevitably having to bulk them up to fit the scale of the line and the figure body. (I usually feel like I do a portrait twice for each project! haha!)

Andy's Mace Windu portrait and Oluf's Darth Maul are good examples of a nicely proportioned head...but some folks seemed to think it looks pinheaded? it's a really fine line when it comes to sizes...honestly, for me, it's one of the most difficult things to do...because I usually sculpt too small when I'm trying to capture a portrait...weird quirk of mine... I originally sculpted the Alec Guinness head too small and had to redo it.

one other reason for a slightly bigger head (in the raw sculpt, anyway) is because of the minute shrinkage that occurs in the casting processes the sculpt goes through. approaching a sculpt this way, sometimes we make the heads a bit too big and the resulting shrinkage doesn't really bring it into proportion.

obviously, you collectors have more experience with figures than I do and know when the proportions look good and when they're off...but rounding back to my original point...I do think female figures would be better received with a sculpted neck...

sorry to derail the topic!!!
Trev

What? That's not derailing! After all, this thread is technically addressed to you. That's way cool to hear about the sculpting process. Thanks for the cool facts!

That's why I like separate hair pieces whenever possible. The LOTR figures all have fantastic proportions because the hair is made separately, and likewise, Mace and Maul have nice sized heads. Others though, like Obi-Wan and Luke, have larger heads partly because the hair makes it look bigger. With the LOTR figures you can tell it's their hair; with some Star Wars figures you can't really make that distinction. Anakin's hair is separate, and he looks ok--same with Qui-Gon.

yeah, they're without a doubt the nicest proportioned heads (I actually use Andy's Mace for ref on each portrait I do. beautiful!)

the hair can tend to make a head seem larger. I've done a few pieces where the bald head looked a bit small, but once the hair was added, things looked better. it really is a constant struggle, I find. weird thing to be so difficult, but it certainly can be! :D

Makes sense. One of the difficulties of sculpture is that you've got to convince the eye that something is genuine from every angle. Something might look great straight on, just one side or angle might throw it off. Using a separate hair-piece gives more flexibility with the head because it lets you sculpt both parts separately and match them up, which can be more pleasing and natural to the eyes. trying to do it all in one piece is more challanging, and I've seen lots of people go too big or too small trying to compensate. Your work is singular Trev in that you go smaller, which shows a better attention to and very tight focus on detail. Going too big can often mean you're trying too hard to make up for the scale issue by compensating with size. Of course that can all vary from artist to artist, but that's what I tend to observe.

the neck post on the girl Buck body is quite narrow, so a good number of the portraits look too big on it. some of the exaggeration is done to accommodate the way the clothes will inevitably 'bulk' up the body. I'm notorious for making my portraits too small and then inevitably having to bulk them up to fit the scale of the line and the figure body. (I usually feel like I do a portrait twice for each project! haha!)

Andy's Mace Windu portrait and Oluf's Darth Maul are good examples of a nicely proportioned head...but some folks seemed to think it looks pinheaded? it's a really fine line when it comes to sizes...honestly, for me, it's one of the most difficult things to do...because I usually sculpt too small when I'm trying to capture a portrait...weird quirk of mine... I originally sculpted the Alec Guinness head too small and had to redo it.

one other reason for a slightly bigger head (in the raw sculpt, anyway) is because of the minute shrinkage that occurs in the casting processes the sculpt goes through. approaching a sculpt this way, sometimes we make the heads a bit too big and the resulting shrinkage doesn't really bring it into proportion.

obviously, you collectors have more experience with figures than I do and know when the proportions look good and when they're off...but rounding back to my original point...I do think female figures would be better received with a sculpted neck...

sorry to derail the topic!!!
Trev

Wow Trev, I didnt know that sculpting the head would involve that much obstacles to overcome. Thanks for the info. It really brings a sense of appreciation on how the head sculting process goes.

Trevor, please sculpt a Wesley, Gunn, Fred, Anya and Tara for fun and talk SSC into paying you for them.

Back