What's Your Collection Focus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZE_501

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
There's something to be said for the exuberance of saying "Why choose? Collect any and all!"

Myself, I've always wanted some kind of internal logic to my fandom, playing curator to reference all-time favourites.

After years of waffling I've narrowed it down to The Battle of Hoth. It displayed some of my favourite Imperial technology, an epic high-stakes battle, narrow escapes and old-school swashbuckling. Blew my mind as a kid and makes me smile now.

Two of my all-time favourite 1/6 pieces (Probe Droid and Snowspeeder Luke) book-end that battle, so I've started building my display around that. The remote ice world also has special resonance for me as a Canadian. ;)

I know some of you focus solely on Imperials, others on Force-users, what about the rest of you?

I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials (with minor exceptions) in almost all scales, and all kinds of collectibles within this focus: from props, helmets and studio scale models, to figures, busts and statues. This helps a lot with the limited budget and display space.

OT. Slight exception for ST if sculpts are up to par (e.g Hermit Luke). Don't have any interest in PT.

I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials (with minor exceptions) in almost all scales, and all kinds of collectibles within this focus: from props, helmets and studio scale models, to figures, busts and statues. This helps a lot with the limited budget and display space.

Although your focus contains a lot, you remain one of the most disciplined collectors I've ever seen. Very tight.

OT SW, Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain America and Indiana Jones. That's it.

In terms of other properties? Bruce Lee, '66 Bats and Burton Batman, Superman. For Marvel it's currently Iron Man, Spidey, Widow, Hulk, Black Panther and Strange. Iron Man and Spidey are probably the only characters I'd do in-universe multiples of.

I recently got out of Indiana Jones as quickly as I dove in :lol -- couldn't fit him into the display plans and the customization investment was too high for me after BR Catwoman and Supes.

It's these other properties that forced me to find a focus on Star Wars, as they were competing for space.

Although your focus contains a lot, you remain one of the most disciplined collectors I've ever seen. Very tight.

Thank you. :) A tightly focused collection will never have the same appeal to the masses like a more variate one. There were people who complained exactly about my Original Trilogy Imperials focus, and why I don't have any other characters on display; others who don't like the fact that I mix smaller figurines next to statues and props; and even some who said they don't like the color of my cabinets, and so on. But the fact is that I collect for myself, I don't care what others think. I'm pretty proud for what I managed to get over time, considering my remote Eastern Europe location, and the limited budget and space. Each piece has its own story, each piece has a connection with me, and that is the most important thing. And after all the Imperials have the coolest gear
:peace

Sci fi for me. Mainly Terminator. With a few odd and end things thrown in there.

Star Wars (OT only), emphasis on Boba Fett, then Captain America and Superman characters.

b3c9093efc0b14ac7eeb4d015f3f8267.jpg

dca558317a8e4e34413e8f9b6df11601.jpg

a5402b13b0b13f8c343c9fa4fd76812c.jpg

fab08d33a31a58b9de62b43c75d06029.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I thought it only pertained to SW.

In that case, Star Wars (mostly OT), MCU (emphasis on Captain America), DC(EU) (emphasis on Superman, Batman and WW), Predators, Ghostbusters and Star Trek, with other one off figures interspersed.

And you still have the nicest E-11 blaster I've ever seen. :duff

Oh wait, our collection was supposed to be focused in some way? :D I guess my main goal has always been just to collect the most memorable characters from each movie, but I can't say I've ever given it much thought beyond that.

Started with Star Wars UCS LEGO sets and then moved to the Asmus LOTR line. I said to myself I wouldn’t get into HT unless they made a Sith Anakin and now it’s focused on Sith... For now at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wait, our collection was supposed to be focused in some way? :D [...]

Ha! My biggest limiter is space. I love a minimalist environment which is often very much at odds with collecting anything, so I wound up editing endlessly to enjoy my all-time favourites while not devoting too much space to a big, sprawling collection. With unlimited funds and a much larger space, it'd look pretty different but maybe that's just as well. :rotfl

As it is I'm planning my collection to be housed in a studio room where I do most of my creative work.

For SW, for me, it's ANH and Empire only. Had ROTJ Boba Fett but sold it.

I pretty much put all figures in dioramas. I have a custom Dagobah dio (thread here), and several of Jazz's pieces: DS Hall, DS Window, Bespin Duel Gantry incoming, Tantive hall, Hoth hall incoming.....and I may expand it beyond his piece :)

1/4 scale is only the IS Vader.

414102765.jpg

48368923_10213040284428361_5767930234288472064_o.jpg

414108229.jpg

413995368.jpg

54521971_10213676078202808_3586711533733806080_n.jpg

Last edited:
Craig, that Han and Chewy diorama is the greatest thing I’ve seen on the boards. Awesome pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For SW, for me, it's ANH and Empire only. Had ROTJ Boba Fett but sold it.

I pretty much put all figures in dioramas. I have a custom Dagobah dio (thread here), and several of Jazz's pieces: DS Hall, DS Window, Bespin Duel Gantry incoming, Tantive hall, Hoth hall incoming.....and I may expand it beyond his piece :)

1/4 scale is only the IS Vader.

[...]

:clap I hadn't seen the Han & Chewie ANH dio before...that's amazing! :clap

Back