Pictures of DC Direct's 1/6 scale Deluxe Green Lantern!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are going with a lower price point on GL. No secret identity set with him, although the mask and costume are removable. They have a total of 4 planned, and more if the line is successful.

They have a total of 4 planned, and more if the line is successful.

is that including the batman begins and superman figures?

if so, who would be after green lantern?

i got the batman begins figure. i really like him. but he's not really in 1/6th scale. it's like something between 1/6th and 1/5th scale.......unless he's supposed to be a 7 foot tall, 400 pound beast of a superhero.:dance

i'll definately get their superman, but they'll have to come in at about $50 or less for me to buy any other DC direct figures.

Yeah, the glitter is a worry. i guess it's hard to draw glitter in a comic. ;) . I like the :idea of a small collective in a line. I hope they are in scale to each other at least. Don't mention $50, please, they might decide to up the price. :lol

Don't mention $50, please, they might decide to up the price. :lol

maybe i missed it, but has it been said that this figure will sell for under $50?

i paid $89 for the batman figure. i'm happy with him, but other than superman, i don't think i'd pay that much for any other DC figures.

I was joking about the price. The only clue I have is that Dave mentioned a lower price. I am laughing because I would like to start the bidding a little lower. :D

Frankenfan put us onto a Superman discount, with a link, a while back. Mine is ordered. I am waiting for Adam to get back from the SDCC to get the Batman. I am used to having to pay higher prices overall, just makes me more scurilous to cop a bargain. Oh boy, the competition is fierce.

I don't particularly like the glitter, but that may be from the lights being to close. I will be interested to see, like you, what that price will be, and what the other figure might be also. I can only fully decide then.

I do like superheroes. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, always remain heavily popular. These renditions have a wide appeal. You can have Bats and Supes and have the needs quenched, or you can further your collection by having a lesser profiled hero or two. 1/6 figures shine in tights. I hope the other one is Flash.

Yeah, the glitter is a worry.

I don't think there's a need to worry there - it's the effect of the flash on the spandex/lycra used for their costumes. Had the same problem time after time photographing my legions of custom lycra-clad Famous Covers figures.

Nick

Superman is definately the pick of the litter so far in the 1/6th line. Didn't care for the "Batman Begins" figure and ordered the Takara version. DC Direct's figure was too tall, too bulky, and too goofy for my tastes.
I'm happy to see the Hal Jordan GL though. I'm more confident they will do at least the four figures announced at SDCC last year. I don't mind that it's taking a while for them to be released either. I just want it right. Green Lantern is at least a decent start.
And the four initial figures were Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and an unspecified figure which it was speculated would be Wonder Woman. I'm hoping that the Batman originally announced was a comic version and it's still coming and the film tie-in figure isn't in this line. Probably not the case but I can hope.
I also hope this is a successful line and works it's way through the JLA and even the JSA. Wonder Woman, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Power Girl, Capt. Marvel, Black Adam and Hourman would be a prayer answered for me. Well, just about everything would be on my list. They just need to make everything in 1/6th they make in (approx) 1/12th already. That isn't too much to ask, is it?

D.C. Direct's 1/6 scale Deluxe Green Lantern!

Very cool! I am glad to see that more figures in this line are going to be produced. I look forward to adding this one to my collection. Glad to hear the price point is going down as well!

Darth Kustomizer

Feel free to check out my 12" Hollywood based figure fan site at: p066.ezboard.com/bplastichollywood

Re: D.C. Direct's 1/6 scale Deluxe Green Lantern!

I also hope this is a successful line and works it's way through the JLA and even the JSA.
I second that, chamildav but, given DCD's proclivity towards never finishing what they start out to do in their action figure waves, I'm not counting on it.

plzg.jpg

I know what you mean on the DCD unfinished lines, FrankenFan. I'm still waiting for Bouncing Boy, Shrinking Violet, Dream Girl and Shadow Lass among others. Of course I do have four versions of Hal Jordan GL. Can't say they don't offer enough variant and repaint figures. They told dealers that they would be offering over forty LoSH figures between 2003 and 2005 and so far less than a third of the way there. Also said an expanded modern JSA line would be coming soon back in 2004. But hope springs eternal. I can be very optimistic when I don't have much to lose.
And again I think GL is a nice looking figure so far although I would rather see vinyl boots than spandex. But otherwise no real complaints. Looks a thousand times better than Marvel Studio's figures. And the body is way better looking albeit a tad tall for non-Superman-Hawkman-Captain Marvel sized heroes. I really hope DCD does offer a shorter body for GL and other not quite Superman tall characters.
Wish Marvel/Toy Biz would just give a 12" license to SSC. How great would that be? These guys could do Doom and the FF justice.

Just maybe Turd Biz will see the light,maybe do a partnership deal like Hasblow.If companies out in Japan can make Marvel characters,don't see why Sideshow couldn't.

My wish list,
Dr. Doom
Cap America
Yellow Daredevil
Kirby X-Men
Classic Ironman
Dr.Strange
Spiderman
Scorpion
Thor
Thing
Hulk
Taskmaster
Cockrum X-Men

My list is pretty simple for SSC doing Marvel 1/6th figures should it come about. Just make every character who's ever been an Avenger and each villian who's ever appeared in Avengers. That can't be very many, can it?

The 4th will be a male character - they won't even consider tooling another body design unless the line is successful. I think I heard Flash somewhere.

And they don't glitter - that is just the Flash reflecting off the spandex.

Flash seems likely as it would just be an additional headsculpt, or comic bats..

Back