Best place to get new releases fast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwelveInchFigures

Super Freak
Reaction score
I normally wait to get figures for the best price, but it's been a rough winter, I'm going to have to sell much of my collection, and I decided when the Episode II Yoda comes out, I want to treat myself and get that - he's small enough that it won't be a space concern like many of my other figures - and this time I don't want to wait for Sideshow (even though they're the fastest to get it here in the USA where I live).

I wondered where people recommend getting new releases reliable from trusted seller? I think I've heard a couple of places mentioned on eBay (Timcent88 in China was one, I didn't see pre-order of Ep 2 Yoda up yet though, so I'm guessing they only list what's actually in stock?), and I wasn't sure if that was the best place or if there was someplace else I should look at?

Thanks so much in advance!

I normally wait to get figures for the best price, but it's been a rough winter, I'm going to have to sell much of my collection, and I decided when the Episode II Yoda comes out, I want to treat myself and get that - he's small enough that it won't be a space concern like many of my other figures - and this time I don't want to wait for Sideshow (even though they're the fastest to get it here in the USA where I live).

I wondered where people recommend getting new releases reliable from trusted seller? I think I've heard a couple of places mentioned on eBay (Timcent88 in China was one, I didn't see pre-order of Ep 2 Yoda up yet though, so I'm guessing they only list what's actually in stock?), and I wasn't sure if that was the best place or if there was someplace else I should look at?

Thanks so much in advance!

If you’re looking for Star Wars and want something day 1, TimCent is good. Because Star Wars isn’t that popular overseas relative to Marvel, usually his Star Wars prices are okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest any UK buyers have any experience of buying from KG Hobby? Do they really help you avoid customs?

Out of interest any UK buyers have any experience of buying from KG Hobby? Do they really help you avoid customs?

Yep I order from them all the time. Just be sure when you order to ask them to reduce to value of the item on the consignment note to below £11.00 sterling. That way it falls under the import fee tariff. They are always happy to do that with my orders and I haven’t paid any import fees yet. I’ve now had five deliveries from them. The last being Hot Toys emperor deluxe and Royal guard which were shipped together, so it was a pretty big box.

Yep I order from them all the time. Just be sure when you order to ask them to reduce to value of the item on the consignment note to below £11.00 sterling. That way it falls under the import fee tariff. They are always happy to do that with my orders and I haven’t paid any import fees yet. I’ve now had five deliveries from them. The last being Hot Toys emperor deluxe and Royal guard which were shipped together, so it was a pretty big box.

That’s great news. Thank you for the advice. I have Bespin Leia on order with them.

How dumb are actually UK customs workers to believe something like this costs that little? Our are not lazy to browse internet and find real price of item :(

Lol you’re all smugglers and tax evaders haha!

Can’t really blame you though, I’ve had a few figures from Hong Kong with almost no VAT or import fees to speak of too.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Lol you’re all smugglers and tax evaders haha!

Can’t really blame you though, I’ve had a few figures from Hong Kong with almost no VAT or import fees to speak of too.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Let me introduce you to my friend, he’s a Nigerian Prince. How would you feel about him depositing $10 million in your bank account for a few days?

How dumb are actually UK customs workers to believe something like this costs that little? Our are not lazy to browse internet and find real price of item :(

There’s no way customs can know what’s in the box as KG Hobby double box all the 1/6 figures that I’ve had delivered. It’s just a case of knowing how to play the customs system. Believe me throughout the years I’ve paid more than my fair share of import dutie! Anything you order from Sideshow, your guaranteed to pay import duty. In these times where figure prices are so expensive, any way to reduce costs is an intelligent choice in my book.

You are lucky. Ours open the double box to see what's inside (Even there's full priced bill in the box) and still sometimes ask for credit card bill from me.

As another UK based KG Hobby buyer I'll be glad when I've got all my must have figures released. I've got a bad feeling that sooner or later the customs fee issues gets found out.

On a FB forum I recommended them but the guy from Poland said their customs still wanted to see credit card/ bank statements.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back