Should i sell my 12" collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slayerverse98

Super Freak
Reaction score
I were thinking of selling my 12" collection and sticking with the PF because they're better and because i don't have enough space to display them. At the moment they're ontop of shelves and wall cupboards (opened) i'm not sure what to do. It's took me a while collecting the 12" line and i really like them. not only that but i started collecting them shortly after my brother died so they have more meaning than just collectibles to me if that makes any sense. I've payed ALOT for some of my figures and i don't think i'd get the same amount if i sold them on eBay so is it really worth it?

Its true you probably wouldn't get as much as you would like for them but something is better than nothing. Also, the money raised would go towards the PF collection. Its a tricky one. I took the plunge and gave up my SW 12" collection a couple of months back. (Im a PF guy too. Unfortunately I like the big busts as well :monkey4) Whatever you do will be the right decision. Just make sure you don't regret it.

I'm not a PF person, but I can understand the feeling of wanting to change formats. I think ultimately its a decision about what you'll enjoy most out of your collectibles.

Although does it have to be an all or nothing decision? You could always store your 1/6 figures and keep them until a later time when you can have everything on display.

I wouldn't. You don't know how many more of these Buffyverse PF's they're going to do,and I'm sure you won't see as many characters made as were produced in the 12" line.

Also, if you don't have enough space for the 12" line, how on earth are you going to manage to find the space to display a PF collection.

Thats why I prefer 1/6th scale. Much easier to keep if you have limited space like I have.

I'm not a PF person, but I can understand the feeling of wanting to change formats. I think ultimately its a decision about what you'll enjoy most out of your collectibles.

Although does it have to be an all or nothing decision? You could always store your 1/6 figures and keep them until a later time when you can have everything on display.

It's not that i want to change. I don't actually want to get rid of my 12" collection but at the moment i've no were properly to display them unless i get shelves up in my room but that can't happen untill it gets decorated so i think i'll just keep them and wait.

I wouldn't. You don't know how many more of these Buffyverse PF's they're going to do,and I'm sure you won't see as many characters made as were produced in the 12" line.

Also, if you don't have enough space for the 12" line, how on earth are you going to manage to find the space to display a PF collection.

Thats why I prefer 1/6th scale. Much easier to keep if you have limited space like I have.

Good points.

Well, at the moment my 12" collection is in my bedroom but the PF will be displayed in a detolf cabinet in the living room

Not sure if you have much wall space, but its fairly inexpensive to buy wooden boards (cut to size) and wall brackets to make your own custom shelves. These usually aren't so good for PF's, but lightweight 1/6 work great.

Personally as far as the Buffy Line I'd probably not sell them at the moment. Realistically even mint buffy 12" figures don't go for much with a couple of notable exceptions (Human Spike, D'Hoffryn) so I suspect you wouldn't get all that much for them towards a PF. I got most of my Buffy figures for $A20 or so or less and I don't think the market has improved. For a while I was able to buy vamp spike for less than a plain Art Buck body ;p

From reading your first message in this thread I get that you are attached to them, you like them and they have a meaning to you. I think those are good enough reasons to keep them. I wouldn't sell them.

Last edited:
Yeah I was going to say that I have the perspective of a 40 year old guy who has often taken the stance of "I've outgrown this and need to move on" only to regret it later. The fact that we all collect things kind of shows that we are all a bit nostalgic and your tastes will move in waves. If you're bored, put them away for a bit and then when you take them out again you will discover what you loved about them all over again.

Very well spoken Anzik. I'm a 'women of a certain age' so to speak, and I've often regretted getting rid of my old collections in the past.

I do hope I never tire of my 12" Figure collection! :eek:

Considering how much they mean to you and how little you'd get if you'd sold them I'd think its a no brainer to keep them.

As Anzik said, maybe put them away for a while and maybe if you get a bigger place or find somewhere in your current place to display them, then take them out again.

I have also experienced the waves of interest and I'm really glad I kept my old Hasbro 12" Star Wars figures because when SSC got the license it even helped me get reenergized over the Hasbro stuff...

Something like that might happen to you.

Well I was going to sell mine,but you would not get that much for them,so if you dont want to display them put them away.I put mine all away and I just dispplay some pieces mostly PFS.

Back