Ikea Detolf display cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slayerverse98

Super Freak
Reaction score
Whoever has one can they please tell me if the glass shelves are removable. I'm going to be buying one for my PF Buffy statues and i don't think they will fit unless i remove 2 shelves

Your welcome.
I use Detolfs for 1/6 th stuff but other members have used detolfs for pf's.
I think it is important to not over load a shelf or they might break. I think a
member had that happen recently.
I am going to ikea tomorrow to see if they have anything new or something I can display Jabba in.

I wouldn't want to put a PF figure on a Detolf shelf. The Detolf shelves are supposedly able to hold 6 kg, and Sideshow lists Buffy and Spike at 5.62 kg. I wouldn't risk it if I were you!

I put my Pf's in something sturdier, I have a couple book cases that I use.
No glass doors but they look nice out in the open but i have to dust them

Last edited:
Your welcome.
I use Detolfs for 1/6 th stuff but other members have used detolfs for pf's.
I think it is important to not over load a shelf or they might break. I think a
member had that happen recently.
I am going to ikea tomorrow to see if they have anything new or something I can display Jabba in.

Looking at that thread you gave me there seems to be quite a few people using them for PF or ornaments so i think i'd be safe. I only plan on putting on PF on one shelf

Looking at that thread you gave me there seems to be quite a few people using them for PF or ornaments so i think i'd be safe. I only plan on putting on PF on one shelf

My detolf shelf was waiting foe me when i got home from work today. Im going to put PF Spike on the shelf, i think it will be ok, the glass is thick and should be pretty sturdy

Wayne

I'm using Billy Bookshelves with Morebo doors - they look great and the shelves are pretty strong. That said I only have 12" figures atm.

ikea_001.jpg

I wouldn't want to put a PF figure on a Detolf shelf. The Detolf shelves are supposedly able to hold 6 kg, and Sideshow lists Buffy and Spike at 5.62 kg. I wouldn't risk it if I were you!

Two things. The safety ratings are usually very conservative to cover the manufactures behind. If it's rated at 6kg, you can rest assured that it can hold more than that. Also to display a PF in a Detolf you usually have to remove a shelf. What I do is double up the shelf I display a PF on with the extra piece of glass shelving that was removed to allow the PF to fit in the case.

I put my two detolf cabinets together myself. The first one was a mess, but I got the second one in 15 minutes. I need two more for my PF figures as well. If someone has a picture of their PF Buffy ad Spike in a detolf, please post it, I want to see how they look :)

They are very easy to put together, though you do need a second person for help.
Heres what i have displayed so far. I will need to remove the top shelf for Spike to fit in, and will need to get a whole new cabinet for Angel, but all is good

I dont have any Premium Formats in it at the moment, but heres the cabinet

Wayne

CollectionOverview.jpg

I found it pretty hard to put together the first time, but the second time I was able to put it together in little time by myself, I figured out a way of holding the glass panels and it was quick. However, it's true that you'll need a second person to assist, I just couldn't wait to display my figures and I didn't have any help at that moment! :monkey3

Your display is nice, Willow's warlock. I use y detolfs only for 12 inch figures. I posted some pics on the "Show your shelves board" (thread: olvidadero's natural habitat). My brother's moving and there's a 99% chance that I can turn his room into a museum-type display room and I'm gonna need a lot of detolfs!

I put my Hellgate:London statue (6,1kg) in a detolf and don't have much worries, yet. :google

I'm using Billy Bookshelves with Morebo doors - they look great and the shelves are pretty strong. That said I only have 12" figures atm.

ikea_001.jpg

The Billy system should hold 30 kilos per shelf, 5 times more than the Detolf glass shelves. I almost all of my polystone in Billys. Example Gandalf on Shadowfax and Gothmog on Warg on the same shelf. Supersturdy!

Back