Aquaman Spin-off - ‘The Trench’

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
Newcomers Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald, who were previously assistants at Bad Robot during the J.J. Abrams-run studio's Super 8 and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol days, have been tasked with penning the script for The Trench, which is being described as an underwater horror feature set in the DC universe.

James Wan and Peter Safran are also on board as producers.

Further details are being kept under wraps for now, but THR does confirm it'll be set exclusively in the kingdom of the Trench - which was not visited in Wan's film - and that the principal cast of Aquaman will not feature in any capacity.

Who saw this coming? That’s what a billion bucks and being WB’s highest earning superhero flick gets ya, I suppose :lol

Soon as i saw the trench in aquaman i said i want a movie on them how they came to be etc. It will be fascinating.

Seriously DC? Seriously? You have a billion dollar superhero movie but you want to make it about the trench? No wonder these guys keep losing to marvel.

Why not? It's not the only movie they are going to make. They should make it a low budget r rated horror flick.

Disney's probably thinkin' of flooding their Avatar theme park and rebrandin' it to "Atlantis".

This seems like a weird idea. Why not be patient and bank on an "AQUAMAN 2"?

Sounds like a pretty terrible idea on its face. But WB seems to stumble upon successes almost by accident. So, a return to form with something like this seems predictable. I still haven't watched Aquaman, and am not strongly motivated to do so. But I'm pretty sure the charisma of Mamoa and Fast and the Furious-orientation of the film were responsible for its success. Doing a horror spin-off, presumably without any of that being the focus. . .I guess they can bring David Ayer back to direct.

Orrrrrrrr they could make movies from there DC characters. The characters that have become successful without the inclusion of Batman or Superman. The characters people waited years to see on the big screen. But nah let’s make a film about the lizard sea monster people that’s classic WB/DC.

Durr a flash movie? A static shock movie? A young justice movie. Duhhhh nope let’s make a movie bout the trench in aquaman that was shown for 5 min . Lol o man

j49wRHj.gif

Orrrrrrrr they could make movies from there DC characters. The characters that have become successful without the inclusion of Batman or Superman. The characters people waited years to see on the big screen. But nah let’s make a film about the lizard sea monster people that’s classic WB/DC.

Durr a flash movie? A static shock movie? A young justice movie. Duhhhh nope let’s make a movie bout the trench in aquaman that was shown for 5 min . Lol o man
I have a different thought on this, because I didn't see there to be much interest in the public for Aquaman before this. Or Deadshot (if you want to assign him a chunk of credit for Suicide Squad's success). If you somehow connect with the public zeitgeist, then the characters may not be as important as conventional wisdom would have you believe. On the other hand, their Batman V Superman and Justice League movies that had the most recognizable DC characters by far underperformed because the movies were bad and people didn't care.

For example, say DC wanted to do some bat-**** crazy Wild Dog movie. Almost no one would know who he is, but he could end up being the next Deadpool if handled the right way. For year's I've fantasized over a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie, and that could also happen. . .though I have to admit that Marvel's Ant-Man is pretty dang close to a live action Ted Kord.

So, some kind of horror movie about sea creatures? It could work (particularly if James Wan produces--I'm not a big fan of his horror stuff, but he knows what audiences like). And if they can succeed doing a 180 in tone from Aquaman with something only very loosely connected to that film, I will give WB a lot of credit. In the past, their approach has instead been trying to constantly course correct (from Superman Returns to Man of Steel to Batman V Superman, etc.) in a half-assed and critically unsatisfying fashion, because they didn't have the right creative people involved and the approach didn't match what the public wanted.

Last edited:
I’d actually rather have a booster good movie. He’s funny in JLA

When is Warner Bros. going to get back to me about that idea I pitched them about “The Ventriloquist’s Landlord,”?

Spoiler Alert: Arnold Wesker is a model tenant who is only rarely late with his rent.

Back