Robocop IMAGE thread.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Carnall

Formerly hunky_artist
Reaction score
I know, I know.... I'm a bit behind here. But I'm all excited as I just got my first HT piece, and MAN is it good. Plus I did some searching on here, and there were a couple of threads, but nothing for images..... so if this dies right here... then that's fine.

But if you got images (that I might not have seen anyway) ....then post 'em :D

(I just took these and a few more for a review I've just posted on my blog)

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Whats great about this figure is you can buy it and know that there will never be a better version released. HT nailed it!

I agree! And even though I have a RoboCop myself (sitting in his box), it's always nice to see high quality pix of him! Thanks for sharing Darren, your pictures look freaking good!

Whats great about this figure is you can buy it and know that there will never be a better version released. HT nailed it!

I concur completely - a keeper for sure.
(must say the version with the removable helmet does not look so well as this one)

Hot Toys has become a very strong player on the 1/6 market

I concur completely - a keeper for sure.
(must say the version with the removable helmet does not look so well as this one)

I agree.... although Ive seen pics and heard from Les who's got one, and apparantly there IS a difference... but it's not a huge one. But it was big enough for me.... I wanted this version because 1) it's cheaper than the Robocop 1 version (and I don't care what title is on the box) .....2) it has the proper paint scheme as seen in the first film.... and 3) the helmet looks totally accurate like you said

plus... I'm looking into the possibility of sculpting myself a 'helmet off' version with Peter Weller's face.... so I didn't really need the latest version where you could remove the helmet.

I have to say though... the more I play with it *cough* i mean, pose it..... it's just fabulous... the double jointed neck, arms, chest etc... just let you get some fantastic robot poses.

Here's my shelf at the min. (click on the picture below for a REALLY big version of it)

That's so awesome! I've got to get my hands on that figure! I really prefer it over the flightpack version, I just like the facesculpy, or what's there, better. Awesome pics, Darren!!!

I agree.... although Ive seen pics and heard from Les who's got one, and apparantly there IS a difference... but it's not a huge one. But it was big enough for me.... I wanted this version because 1) it's cheaper than the Robocop 1 version (and I don't care what title is on the box) .....2) it has the proper paint scheme as seen in the first film.... and 3) the helmet looks totally accurate like you said

plus... I'm looking into the possibility of sculpting myself a 'helmet off' version with Peter Weller's face.... so I didn't really need the latest version where you could remove the helmet.

I have to say though... the more I play with it *cough* i mean, pose it..... it's just fabulous... the double jointed neck, arms, chest etc... just let you get some fantastic robot poses.

Here's my shelf at the min. (click on the picture below for a REALLY big version of it)

God that Aragorn is nice.

Here's some more pics if you're interested .
ROBOCOP006.jpg

ROBOCOP009-1.jpg

ROBOCOP008.jpg

ROBOCOP004.jpg

Great pics Thundergod! Is it my eyes, or does he have the actual applied purple shades in there too? Mine doesn't. This must be the 1st one? All I can see is really different about the heads of this one, and the gunarm one, and the Robo3, is the helm sits lower on these. Makes the headline a bit smaller, and makes him look more stern. Otherwise, I can't see any machining differences. Same bodies for sure. Paint is bluer on the R3 of course. But these look SUPER! Wish I had one now....

i wasn't very happy with the premium format... i thought the face was done very poorly, and talking to the sideshow reps, it was done mainly due to licensing issues. i still think the hottoys version is the best one out there.

here are some old pics of ED-209. best figure i own...

ED209A.jpg

ED209B.jpg

ED209C.jpg

ED209F.jpg

ED209G.jpg

ED209H.jpg

Back