Exclusive Doom is now 500 edition size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

Viking28

NOTE ON EDITION SIZE
The edition size of this piece has been increased due to the overwhelming and unexpected fan demand at Comic-Con 2005. The new edition size is 500 pieces worldwide. This piece has less than 50 pieces left before it sells out completely.

NOW I'M PISSED OFF!!!..........WHAT'S THE POINT IN A ES THEN!!!!

BETTER TO HAVE ANNOUNCED IT AT TBD!!!!

I BET SOMEONE MESSED UP & THEY OVERSOLD & HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO UP THE ES

han solo exclusive had an es of 250, it sold out in hours and that was never increased

I agree pitchin - extremely annoying. :thwak Especially as I was one that missed out on exclusive Han. If this is how they wanna play, why don't they reduce ES's on items that are having difficulty selling out to make the people buying them happier, and at the same time increasing it's desirability??

I have to agree, this definitely wasn't handled correctly imho. Once an ES is set it should remain that way, I thought that was the whole point of the TBD on everything else. Sure the piece exceded all expectations of popularity but why change the ES that has already been announced. BTW, how is it possible that less than 50 remain if the ES was just increased. Wasn't the original ES 300?

You both have good points... according to their own statement, they have oversold 150 of these!

:rolleyes

Whatsmore, ain't this meant to be the exclusive version? So only available on site? Where's the pre-order page for the non-exclusive version? Is it not up yet?

re:

and while they're at it, they can re-release the original Balrog, Cave Troll, Witchking,etc so we can all be happy and SS can milk the cash cow a little more.
Why stop at 500? Why not make it an open edition then? It does bother me that if they didn't do it for Han they shouldn't do it for Doom. It just seems like a cheap
cash grab. I realize that its an extremely beautiful piece
and SS wants to make their fans happy at the convention
but thats what the reg. edition would be for. My 2 cents.

Re: re:

I see both sides of the coin here. More though, I am in Sideshow's corner.

Extremely limited editions are unnecessary. Some of the recent San Diego Exclusive number were ludicrous. All small editions sizes do is infuriate collectors. The only people that make out well in the end are the scalpers.

Collect to enjoy and hope others enjoy as well. Now 200 more people can enjoy that Doom piece.

fair enough if the es was TBD like the sentinel diorama but it wasn't

I completely agree pitch.

My arguement is not against SS for having a high ES. Really, I don't mind larger ES all I'm concerned with is getting the pieces I want. But like Pitch said the ES should have been listed TBD. I feel that once a number is announced that it should be treated as if carved in stone and not changed.

I don't have a problem with low or high Edition sizes, but to change one after it has been announced AND SOLD OUT, is the same as false advertising! This just isn't a good thing to do! Sideshow made a huge mistake on this one! Just my two cents!>:

The thing that bothers me more than anything with Sideshow is when a piece is many years old and they don't have an edition size. The On Her Majesty's Secret Service Bond and Blofeld have been TBD for more than three years.

They're out of production, yet they still don't know how many they made.

This case with Doom could be the case of an error in typing as well. Either way, it's not a huge deal. It's done with.

Actually it was oversold at the con that was the reason for the increase.

I agree completely with the ES "carved in stone" comment made by Ox up above. It was probably impossible for them to keep a running inventory at SDCC of what people ordered. I wonder if the customers entered their information into the computer or not? I bet it was still on paper, which is why it never registered as having been sold out in the system.

I'm not a comic fan, so I'm not getting Doom, but if I was I would be a little pi$$ed off.

I've made my comments before as to why I like low ES's (high resale value, more unique, etc.), so I won't beat a dead horse on that one. :horse

This BITES!!>:

I agree with almost everything already said. If an edition size is made, especially on a SS Exclusive, then it shouldn't be changed.

So... is this a different one than the one that can now be ordered from the site?

Back