Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango56031

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've read other people commenting on the collar style on the Bespin Luke. Don't get me wrong He looks great but isn't the collar on the jacket supposed to be more like Han's? Shorter and turned up almost like a priest collar. Maybe it is correct and it's just turned down. I just remember Plo Koon's light saber blade color getting changed because of our discussion here on the forum and felt we should at least bring some attention to this issue before he is cleared for production. Here are some reference photos and a picture from SDCC.

luke_skywalker_wallpaper1024.jpg

lukecave.jpg

SCC_0770_resize.jpg

Like I said maybe it is correct and just turned down but I thought is was worth some discussion. :confused::confused:

Good observations-- as it's a prototype be sure to pass the observations on.

Shame, that's a major oversight. Depending on Sideshow's willingness to correct anything, even just the top pockets, would I purchase this figure.

Good catch, I'm surprised they would miss something like this. Sideshow, please correct Bespin Luke's collar.

I'm sure the collar can be flipped up.

Now, I certainly don't consider myself an artist, but I do like to pay attention to detail. I'm surprised Sideshow's seamstresses or tailors continue to make proportion and placement errors when it comes to pockets. It doesn't bother me too much in this particular instance because I like the character so much (blinded by that fact maybe?), but it would be nice of they could get them closer the first time. Personally, if I was hired to do the job, I would not let that kind of thing slip by.

And when you say "look like a Medicom figure" you mean look like a superior figure.

What is really the point in comparing the two, if Sideshow wanted to, they could give us the same thing as Medicom does, but then it'd cost us the same as Medicom. With as many figures as I've been getting, I'm happy with Sideshow's quality and price and glad they're doing the line becaue if Medi or even HT for that matter did it, I'd have to say no far more often because of the cost. ***** ***** *****, Medicom can do it better, then go jerk off to medicom pictures til they come out with it cuz that's about as productive as these same bull**** comments about Medi...

I never said I didn't like SS figures, just that Medicom is a superior figure in terms of quality, hence the higher price tag. No need to get your panties in a bunch man!

I never said I didn't like SS figures, just that Medicom is a superior figure in terms of quality, hence the higher price tag. No need to get your panties in a bunch man!

Sorry, not directed at you, but with the new Maul and everything, the Medi broken record has been playing round and round and it drives me nuts that it seems almost illusive to people that a line that costs a third of another never meets the higher mark, especially when in a year, SSC has put out over a dozen SW 1/6 figs alone, they've clearly shown their standard, I know there's room to expect more from them, but there also comes a point you have to accept that there is a bar set for what you'll get out of them and you have to just expect that every time, and short of a few factory mishaps, SSC's overall quality has been consistent, you know what you're getting every time.

Back