Sideshow Collectibles # 2212 C-3P0 Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Starkiller

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just received this amazing e-mail-

C-3P0 Life-Size Figure

Star Wars 1:1 Scale Collectibles

Life-Size Figure (Item No. 2212)

Limited Edition TBD

Est. to ship 2nd Qtr 2008

Packing: 1pc/case

More details and images of this figure will be released later.

Price:

SRP: HK$46,410.00 (USD$ 6,000)

Remarks:

Otherwise, prices are subject to change without prior notice particularly.

Sideshow Collectibles' C-3PO and R2-D2 are the most authentic life-size reproductions ever available to private collectors. Available now for pre-order, these highly-anticipated collectibles will begin shipping in Mid-2008. Crafted of fiberglass and other materials of the

highest quality, these sought-after droids are sure to be the center of any Star Wars collection, perfect for your home, office, or theater room.

Both figures will include light and sound function, for the most 'real' experience possible.

Each figure will include a display base, perfect for keeping your favorite droid in a comfortable standing position.

Fred Barton is the Robot Man. Captivated by characters like Gort and Robby the Robot, Fred discovered a unique talent for model building and the fabrication of robot parts. In 1996, he began creating robots for private collectors and museums. Sideshow Collectibles is proud to partner with Fred Barton to bring new life to C-3PO and R2-D2, employing Fred's talents to create museum quality reproductions of the two most famous droids from the Star Wars galaxy.

These ARE The Droids You're Looking For...

Nearly 30 years ago, moviegoers were awed by the opening moments of Star Wars. After the immense Imperial Star Destroyer passed overhead in hot pursuit of the Rebel Blockade Runner, the audience was drawn inside the Tantive IV and introduced to two of the most memorable and beloved characters from the Star Wars universe, C-3PO and R2-D2. In George Lucas' vision, droids can be heroes or villainous bounty hunters - but the galaxy holds as much promise for droids as it does for any other being, be they humanoid or Hutt. The adventures and antics of the fussy protocol droid and his stalwart astromech companion have inspired and entertained generations of Star Wars fans. C-3PO and R2-D2 have forever changed popular culture.

© 2007 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.

Here I was - holding out hope that they actually would be animatronic. ....Seeing as how Fred Barton is an Animatronics Engineer and all. :monkey1

Too bad, I may end up getting them, but some of the great Astromechs that Have seen from the Droid Builders club cost less than 6K....and they they are Remote Controled.
:monkey2

They tell you how much in the video on the floor map, wish I had the money. And they'll have sound clips.

So, they are only going to be weathered now? I hope they make a pristine set as well. I actually prefer 3PO pristine and R2 weathered.

Seems like a no-brainer to make two different sets...and he mentioned this is how they looked in the first film...I wonder if they intended on making 'other' versions like they did with the T-800?!

I would sure like to know BEFORE I drop over $11,000 on them!

ARRGH.

Makes the Falcon look like an impulse buy!

I've heard someone mention previously that they would use these as entry pieces to a private theater. That would be the coolest thing ever, I think.

Best wishes to those who can swing this pair. Unfortunately, I folded a few K's ago. :monkey2

I will get them, but I may just order R2 first.
I want to wait and see what they do with 3PO...I don't like the dirty, tarnished look from the beginning of ANH, that they are hocking right now! I like the glimmering gold look from the end of ANH and the one that Sideshow showed at CIV!

...although, I DO prefer R2 weathered.....Hmm... :confused: :cool:

I will get them, but I may just order R2 first.
I want to wait and see what they do with 3PO...I don't like the dirty, tarnished look from the beginning of ANH, that they are hocking right now! I like the glimmering gold look from the end of ANH and the one that Sideshow showed at CIV!

...although, I DO prefer R2 weathered.....Hmm... :confused: :cool:

Just leave him outside for awhile.

Back