UK Freaks - Mega Cheap SSC at Play.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Plo Kloon

Yavin Luke

Bib Fortuna

£17.99 delivered

I'm especially gutted as I got my Excl Plo Kloon invoice today and it works out to be about £50.00!!!!!!!

Grrrrr!

Play.com do have some excellent deals and I've bought stuff from them in the past.

A word to the wise though, their packaging protection during shipping isn't great and the packaging can wind up with dings and dents when it arrives at your door. If you're not fussed about boxes at all then it's fine, but if you keep packaging, they may not be for you.

Sorry to hear that. But if you are into the exclusives, as I am, there's mostly just one way to get them, and that's straight from SSC. So these 12" offered here are not quite the same, so no los I'd say. If you don't care to much about exclusive versions, well... that's a different story of course.

Sorry to hear that. But if you are into the exclusives, as I am, there's mostly just one way to get them, and that's straight from SSC. So these 12" offered here are not quite the same, so no los I'd say. If you don't care to much about exclusive versions, well... that's a different story of course.

Gotta admit the items we've ordered have mainly been SW VCD's for my G/F's collection and she doesn't keep the boxes.

So for us it hasn't really been a big deal, but if I was ordering mini busts I'd like the boxes in good condition, even though I take them out and display them. Their prices are fantastic for UK collectors, if they improved shipping they'd be perfect.

I wish they'd do some Hot Toys figures cheap too, lol

Picked up another HT First Blood figure £24.99 free delivery!
Noticed Robocop 3 pretty cheap too,and HT Ripley £39.99 Delivered.:cool:

Last Year 2 x SSC 1/4 Endos £75 each!

oh boy, am I in trouble then the missus gets home from work later.

I just saw that they had the Robocop 'Gun Arm' figure...... and I snapped it up. I've wanted this figure since it came out (any of thte HT Robocop figures really) but at £130.... noooo way.

Forbidden Planet have it for £80 or £90... but even that is way too much. Then i was flicking through teh Play.com sale items (bad idea) and saw they had it for £49.99 DELIVERED.

damn...... i'm in trouble now :lol:rotfl

When asked if that's new just give her a strange look and say it's always been there!

lol. sadly she knows exactly what I have as they're all on one shelf here in the office. Plus... I've going on for EVER how I really want the Robocop figure :rotfl

meh.... I used some paypal money from some commissions I just got paid for.. so I'm not spending too much 'living' money, lol

I have to keep visting every play.com every couple of days when they have sales, as there price go up and down constantly. I got the HT predator for £49.99, only at that price for a day and had to grab it before it went back up. Also ahd HT Ripley for £39.99

well, I came clean last night when we were sat down having dinner. Did my best puppy dog eyes... "oh, I've been naughty today..." and explained the whole thing

and she said that seeing as I only spent £17 of 'real' money on it, she considers it an early birthday present I've bought myself (august 6th) so basically....

... I got away with it :D

(note: it's not that she controls me..... we genuinley don't have much (any?) spare money... trying to pay off debts.... save for a wedding... save for a honeymoon.... so I genuinley do feel bad about spending £50 on a toy, when it should've gone towards paying something off... but... y'know... £50!!! instead of the usual £129

how could I not get it, lmao

well, I came clean last night when we were sat down having dinner. Did my best puppy dog eyes... "oh, I've been naughty today..." and explained the whole thing

and she said that seeing as I only spent £17 of 'real' money on it, she considers it an early birthday present I've bought myself (august 6th) so basically....

... I got away with it :D

(note: it's not that she controls me..... we genuinley don't have much (any?) spare money... trying to pay off debts.... save for a wedding... save for a honeymoon.... so I genuinley do feel bad about spending £50 on a toy, when it should've gone towards paying something off... but... y'know... £50!!! instead of the usual £129

how could I not get it, lmao

Stick him on top of the wedding cake with a Barbie Doll!!

Problem solved! One Cake Decoration!

Back