SDCC Freak party!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Sideshow was kind enough to sponsor a party for the board members and SSC employees at the convention on Friday night!
party05-2.jpg

It got pretty crowded, but it was a smashing success if I do say so myself.
party05-3.jpg

We played Doors of Indecision and Chris is an even better Master of Ceremonies in person than on chat.

Prizes courtesy of Sideshow were a Gondorian Helms set, busts of Eomer, Isildur and Elrond and Gabberjawa won the big prize of the night - a 1/4 scale Hellboy!

party051.jpg

There are more pics from the party at Sideshow's SDCC coverage page!

Thanks to Greg, Dusty, Chicky, Chris and everyone at Sideshow for making this happen!

OH! So that was the "thing"! :rollin

Looks like fun you lucky dogs! I'm going next year (if I still have money!). :bang2

I thought 'The Thing' was going to be a polystone hand of Faramir. :lol

Glad all your stressing was well founded and rewarded in this way Dave. It wouldn't have been as good if you were a more laxadasical person. Chris told us in chat some of the goings on. The Doors sounded like a real blast. It was great that he could pull something like this off, for all the expense and support the Freaks show. I know we had a great time in chat, and really, for all the people that were in chat, Sideshow really spent a lot of time effort and money bringing this to us.

Thank you Sideshow and Dave!! It truly was one of the highlights for me at SDCC. Doors of Indecision was just like the online version if you could imagine it, which is to say that it was as chaotic and fun as it should be.

That walk back to the parking lot was a walk of lifetime since I parked more or less next to the convention center. The combination of it being past midnight, being liquored up, and carrying a gigantic box through downtown San Diego, and most-importantly, trying to make it back before the lot closed is something to be remembered. And that's not all! I got it signed the next day by Mike Mignola himself!

It was such fun to hang out with the fellow freaks, so cheers to you all who were there again :toast and thanks for all of the effort put forth by Sideshow and Dave to this really fun gathering!

Nametag:
Sideshow Freaks
"gabberjawa"
chuck

Were the postcards I designed there?

Looks like good party! :banana

Psycho Cenobite :nazgul

Yep, that's a poster. The postcards were at the Sideshow booth all through the weekend and also went in every bag that they gave out. Their Star Wars huge bags were great hits too!

And yes that was a poster version of the postcard that Sideshow had blown up. It looked great!

Excellent! :rock

If you have any spare, can you send me a poster sized one as well?

Cheers,

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

How about posting some more pix? Hopefully, someone got a group shot of all the Freaks with Freak Daddy Dave front and center!

I did in the LOTR section but I'll post it here too.

" Here's a group picture of the SS Freaks that attended, jessewilson, Bob "The Godfather" jimmyjames, wetanut, Josh behind wetnut, fubeca, mirabella666, Vikingmagyar, Samakaliz, myself, Gabberjawa (Chuck), Adam from DSC, Elros left before picture was taken, and including our very own dstephen. Along with a few of the many great folks from Sideshow (Bob, Keith, Scott...can't remember the other two guys names). These are not in order. I'll let you all figure that part out."

sevs5zo.jpg

A wonderful time! Food was plentiful and drinks were pouring like rain. :toast (oops! was I supposed to say that? :lol ) Got to meet some great folks -- SS and Freaks alike. Thanks SS and a special thanks to Dave! He worked his butt off.
:rock :ted :banana :bunny

:rock

I have no idea who anyone is... but that poster looks good! :banana :smokin

Psycho C :wave

Yes thank you Dave and everyone at Sideshow for the great time! Im definitely coming back next year. This time I will book early so I can just walk back and forth to the con like some of you lucky peeps. :rock

These are not in order. I'll let you all figure that part out."
Hmmm. Some of these folks I recognize but, I'll hazard a guess and say Dave is the tall fellow next to Josh, 5th from the right.

party!

Thanks Dave! Great Party!!!!
I had a Killer time!, and was happy to meet all the Freaks I talk to online!

Thanks for the Drinks people!!! LOL!!!

Cheers!!!!

Bob....

Re: party!

If there ever was a definition of "life of the party" it would be Bob. He went out of his way to meet everyone and he's one of the funnest dudes you've ever met!

Back