New Electric Tiki Buffy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DetroitSportsFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
buffy1.jpg

Looks pretty cool, but as I said before, I really would have preferred a "Welcome to the Hellmouth," "Prophecy Girl," or "Chosen" Buffy. I will probably pass on this statue and wait for one of those three to be made. Also, I'd really like for Buffy to be holding a stake or the scythe. A poolstick is a weapon that Buffy would use, but it doesn't scream Buffy like a stake or the scythe.

Nice, but I would never guess in a thousand years it was meant to be Buffy I'm afraid.

I'll pass.

I'm definately underwhelmed.

I think its fun, quirky and different. its not something id personally buy myself, unless it was something other than OMWF. This, to me, doesnt sum up Buffys look in the musical, the hairs not even curly.

I would have prefered a Gift Buffy with Hammer or Chosen Buffy with Scythe to have been first.

I look forward to seeing more though.

It looks good- i love her face.

I'm not sure about the outfit. What episode is it from? I originally thought omwf, but she was wearing jeans, not black pants, and also she wasn't wearing a skivvy.

If anyone has read Tracy mark Lee's letter over at slayalive, it sounds like the other buffy we will be getting is from 'end ofdays'. I was hoping for what billybudd suggested: 'chosen' buffy with scythe or "wtth" buffy w/stake.

I'll still be buying this because, well, it's buffy, and it still looks great even though it's not exactly what i'd hoped for.

I don't like it!

But it could very well be from "Once More With Feeling"
That's the only episode I can remember Buffy wearing a big, red turtleneck sweater. And she did use the "pool stick" to hit those wooden dolls?

Yeah, it sounds like the other Buffy statue will be based on a late Season 7 episode. I assume Buffy will be holding the scythe. If you ask me, Sideshow/Electric Tiki should put the S7 Buffy up for pre-order before the one pictured above. You want the line to start off on the right foot, and assuming the S7 statue comes with the scythe, I can pretty much guarantee that it will sell better than the pictured one. The S7 one should also have a larger edition size than the one pictured above.

If only two Buffy statues are released, then we are going to end up with a Buffy holding a pool cue instead of a more iconic weapon such as a stake. If that turns out to be the case, then in my opinion, Sideshow/Electric Tiki has made a mistake. If this line is going to thrive, then every statue needs to be a winner. The statue pictured above is pretty cool, but there is a better statue out there waiting to be made.

Tracy's letter at SlayAlive...

We've got 2 Buffy designs, 2 Willow and Caleb approved. It's doubtful we will see Caleb come to fruition unless the line does really well. We may do him as an exclusive somewhere. I know he's not the most popular villain, but he's a favorite of mine as well as a good companion piece to "one" of the Buffy's. Two Spike designs are in for approval now and am working on another favorite villain (that would be a great companion piece for one of the Willows) and will probably work on Faith or Angel next. I doubt we'll be premiering approved designs on our site, just the finished prototypes. We are working hard to get one of the Buffy's finished for display at Comic Con. Hope that catches you up.

she is animated and is not suppose to look like smg at all. If you don't like the maquette then don't buy it

Thing is, just saying that she's been sculpted in a 'animated style' and so doesn't have to look like SMG just doesn't cut it for me.

Hey, I have friends who work in the animation industry as character animators, and the whole point of designing something like this is to create a cartoon likeness of the character involved, trying to keep the essence of the person, and yet 'running with it'. 'Tooning it up' and yet managing to keep it recognizable as the person.

The above just looks like a generic cartoon female to me, not like Buffy at all. Thats my take on it anyway.

I think it looks just as good as other animated maquettes.

Here are a couple of star wars and lotr. I think they look cool, but i don't think they are great representations of the actors. I don't think they're really meant to be.

lukeskywalker.jpg
princessleiar2-d2.jpg

gandalf.jpg

I wonder how much the buffy ones will sell for? Electric tiki's stuff is priced anywhere from US$50-$180. I'd guess it'll be at least $100???

$100? If thats the case it's definitely overpriced.

Thing is I'm not that keen on the other examples you've posted there either, but maybe it's just me. I've seen many examples of my friends work in the animation industry where they did look like the source images they were based on, so statues like this really don't do much for me.

If I wanted a generic cartoon girl holing a pool cue, well then it would be different I guess.

Good on those who still want to get it though. :eek:

I like it. It is good to see that another company is taking a chance with the Buffy license, and creating something unique with it. I hope these statues sell really well as the company are very vocal about making some of the less popular characters which we will probably never see in 1/6, PF or 6" form.

On the plus side I can totally see Buffy in that portrait. Also, with things like this the final product almost always turns out exactly like the prototype, there are no "dodgy" likenesses or scale issues, which in my eyes is a bonus.

Back