New GG Logo Unveiled!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow... it's accurate!

hostilemidgetlogo2.jpg

:monkey3

That is so against the little people of the world! Vern Troyer is not going to like this one bit! Someone call his people!

Also, the Keibler Elves are gonna be pissed, but who cares about them. They live in trees, so what do they know?

I'm actually Irish, so I can make fun of little folk all I want.

Also, I'm not even a diehard GG collector. I just hate how they are. :emperor

There was a guy at the Comic Shop today ranting & raving about the SDCC Pre-Order debacle, I felt so bad for him. I shook my head, walked over and patted him on the head and laughed! :lol

I too don't collect GG but feel for the people who do collect GG. Aside from Hasbro(in the past, even though I don't collect Hasbro anymore they seem to listen a lot more now to the fans) I don't remember a company so unplugged into what there collectors are saying/wanting. But the funny thing is the GG collectors for the most part put up with it and continue to buy. Guess they will never change as long as the money keep trucking in. Oh well, it feels great to collect Sideshow :)

I think there is more GG in my past than in my future. This should be a fun hobby and they seem to be doing everything in their power to make collecting frustrating and difficult and alienating. Their stuff is frequently great, but the process of collecting it has become nothing but a chore.

That's why I really limit what I buy from them. This keeps me from totally loosing it on these Jokers.

I realize it's not hard to get a press pass for SDCC nor am I someone special. However, as I've said in the past I tried walking up to people and get some info for the Freaks and for Sandtroopers (who I was covering the show for). They ignored me and looked at me like why do we want to talk with you. Compare that to SS who as soon as my foot hit the carpet handed me a folder of info and wanted my mailing address.

I keep thinking of it like this:

A visit to the Sideshow booth at SDCC is like a family/class reunion, whereas a visit to the GG booth is like a trip to the dentist.

True--I hope I haven't offended any of my dentist friends out there!!

I just go to the dentist with trepidation, heading there out of necessity but wanting to get it over with as quickly as possible and hoping for a minimal amount of discomfort before I get the heck out of there.

But in the end, my dentist cares about me and wants me to be happy and healthy. That's where the analogy breaks down...

I'm actually Irish, so I can make fun of little folk all I want.

Also, I'm not even a diehard GG collector. I just hate how they are. :emperor

I got a bit of Irish in me too. Okay, somehow I can see Dannie or Banny making something out of that.

I mean as in a background. Sheesh!

I think there is more GG in my past than in my future. This should be a fun hobby and they seem to be doing everything in their power to make collecting frustrating and difficult and alienating. Their stuff is frequently great, but the process of collecting it has become nothing but a chore.

Couldn't have said it better. I can't even imagine if I collected their SW busts :monkey4

I have no sympathy for poeple who get pissed off at Gentle Giant and the amount of different versions of the same thing they release. It's what the people get for insisting to buy every single item whether they really want it or not. It's totally seslf inflicted.

If a company release 7 different versions of the same piece.... here's an idea... only buy the one you like

It's not difficult. If someone has the compulsion to buy everything regardless... then maybe it's themselves they should be pissed off at, not the company who's giving them... lets face it... things that they buy!!

(note: I have NO GG items... so I'm not a fan, just hate 'collectors' who moan when a company release variations)

*rant over*

Back