SDCC X-files? Wheres the new figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

stumpy

Well nothing new from the X-files, I though the SDCC would pull up something. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn out the Bond or Hellboy lines where they just forgot that they have the line. We all cry about SS not completing a line, and again please not here. This is all I can afford now. So lets see some new stuff, and I dont mean Mulder or Scully. The End.

I was hoping for some figures too, or at least one. I want to see at least an A.D. Walter Skinner and a Gray alien before the line dies. I also feel the x-files line is being neglected. Palisades seems to as well. Everybody is BUFFY crazy. I have seen a few episodes from that show and I don't feel it is nearly as great as the X-files (no offense to you Buffy fans). I just don't see why it gets all the hype and X-files gets neglected :\

Stumpy, I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm a big Bond collector and they've left me out in the cold for ages. Sideshow seems to be grabbing every license they can and doing nothing with most of 'em. At least Bond had a good life, but some of the other lines are just badly supported.

I too was disappointed not to see any new X-Files figures at Comic-Con, and fear the line is in danger of coming to a premature end. More than any other character, they really need to make Assistant Director Skinner. But there are a number of other mytharc characters I would like to see, including: The Lone Gunmen, Marita Covarrubias, X, Alien Bounty Hunter, Deep Throat, Well-Manicured Man, and Monica Reyes. I would buy any of these in a heartbeat.

I'm excited to see what Sideshow does with its new 12" Star Wars license, but I really am afraid this new focus will detract from the attention given to its others lines, most notably The X-Files. Please don't let this line die, Sideshow!

I think you all expect too much from the Comic Con. It is really to announce new licences and some new product, that happens to be ready for release at that time. They combine it with some displays of their other lines to show the attendees what Sideshow is about.

Sideshow know how avid we are about our preferred lines, and announce these in between events to keep the buzz buzzing. You only have to pay attention to what happens every year to see the patterns they are following.

I find it annoying to hear the bagging people choose to voice, when it serves no purpose. They can only do so much. They take notice of what we want, so they can space out the releases, and keep everyone interested. Let's face it, unless your a geek that wants every single person produced in 1/6 scale, X-Files doesn't have as many possibilities as something like Buffy. Bond is made up of humans, that happens to be the hardest thing to produce likenesses for, and cops the most flak when they do produce it. I would say they have done a stellar job. Way better than any other company. Star Wars will get the most attention. Sure. Don't blow it by bagging the fact. Accept it and see the bigger picture. The profits made producing Star Wars will be what gets you your Bond with jet pack, etc etc.

As far as Hellboy goes, we got the Ultimate Hellboy, and Hellboy 2 is a coming. Sideshow went out on a limb with Hellboy by working along side Mike Mignola and Mr Del Toro, producing these figures to co-incide with its release. That doesn't happen too often, and people complained his stone hand wasn't big enough, blah blah blah. It was approved by the man himself. If he wanted it bigger he would have informed Sideshow of the fact.

I know I post here to voice my opinions, and they may not always be wanted or warranted. It's all good. Someone will pipe up and say something to make me pull my head in, if it is that way, and I appreciate it. So I know you are all just venting. Keep your heads up guys. It's easy to want. Sideshow have to pace it to a business ethic, there's no way around that. I heard there was an X-Files fig on it's way, Skinner wasn't it? and surely another Bond will make an appearance. I'm a Uni Monsters fan. They haven't been pouring out either. I know an Ygor has to be next, after that things look slim, but they needn't be. Oooo, Ulti Hellboy is soon to be mine.

:rock2

Your point is well taken, Creecher. Actually, one of the reasons I decided to focus my collecting on The X-Files line is I thought it would be a limited--and therefore affordable--selection of characters. Now that I'm into it, I can't help but want to see several of the mythology characters produced. Sideshow will probably never get to all of the characters I mentioned, but I can hope.:D

I actually am a big Star Wars fan too, and I do look forward to seeing Sideshow's 12" Star Wars output. I'm sure it will look incredible compared to Hasbro's 12" line.

I am a huge Star Wars fan too. In fact that was the dream license I filled in on Sideshow's survey. Man the survey does work :lol But until they start making SW figures, they should have made more X-files. I mean they are milking the Buffy license for all its worth, so is Palisades with their Buffy palz. Both companies with the X-files just seem to ingore them most of the time. The X-files Palz even outsold the Buffy ones.

Watch, because of our complaining they will punish us with making a X-file SDCC exclusive :\

Okay if we are talking X-Files, I definitely want Fluke man
and Eugene Victor Tooms. Bring me some livers.
I hope they continue the X-Files line for as long as possible.

Deep throat would be a great figure too, there are so
many characters to make.

My newbie two cents

I would be happy with just Skinner and the Lone Gunmen. Well-Manicured Man, X, and Deep Throat would be nice too. I would be dissappointed if they put out a monster of the week before any of these recurring characters. To have Tooms, for example, instead of Skinner would be a big let down for me.

Seems like CSM isn't doing so well. I'd expect maybe Skinner from this line, but not much more.

There are still many more X-File figures left to be made,
I would want to see Monica Reyes, Skinner, Knowle Rohrer, X, the Lone Gunmen, Fluke Man, Tooms. and a Gray Alien. The Gray would also have tremendous crossover appeal for UFO nuts.

All of the characters from Home would be good too. Gotta love the Peacocks.
I love the show and having the figures means so much to me.
So I start with CSM, Frank Black and add on when I can afford it.

Star Wars will get the most attention. Sure. Don't blow it by bagging the fact. Accept it and see the bigger picture. The profits made producing Star Wars will be what gets you your Bond with jet pack, etc etc.

My thoughts as well.

I just happy that someone is making the 12 inch figures
in both the X Files and Buffy. I had no idea they existed until
until 6 months ago. I just wish I knew how many they were
going to make of each. That way I can save for the ones
I really need to have

The Lone Gunmen are coming. But If you say you heard it from me I will deny everything. LOL

:mwaha :thwak

Aside from Buffy, enjoying it's rebirth, the suggestion from Sideshow, 'that a line never dies entirely', has become a misnomer. A nice piece of marketing prattle, but no joy in reality. It leads one to hope on hope. I find that that can be debilitating.

Rather than be glum about it, I suggest Sideshow produce at least one figure per year, from any number of defunct lines. Outer Limits. Of course I want my avatar reproduced in 1/6. That's why I have it as my avatar. Twilight Zone. Six Guns. Where's Johnny Ringo? These could be exclusives to Sideshow's site only. No regular. No Con exclusive. No web exclusive. It's the only way I'd stick my wallet out for a damn exclusive. Even though I have managed to get the Con exclusives so far. There are lots of ideas to be had. I shouldn't be giving them away so cheaply. :lol ;)

Wouldn't mind Ned Kelly, that would be my next avatar. Go on Sideshow, I dare you. :p

:\ I'll be your best friend.

the suggestion from Sideshow, 'that a line never dies entirely', has become a misnomer. A nice piece of marketing prattle, but no joy in reality. It leads one to hope on hope. I find that that can be debilitating.

So, ....where's the "falling on deaf ears" emoticon??

Creech I have to admit it is discouraging that they say one
thing and then do another. I know that the LOTR fans
are very upset at the end of their line and they didn't see
it coming and weren't given very clear reasons why it had to end.
I just hope they don't do it with Buffy and X-files. I am
also looking forward to the Star Wars line but just the
early figures.

How many Outer limits figures did they make? Were you
able to get all of the ones you wanted?

How can you justify making new TZ or OL figures when they still languish on the shelves even at clearance prices? There just wasn't a demand for these figures.

It's the fact that no one else wants the 12" license that makes it possible for no line to ever die completely. The studios would be only too happy to renew the license for Sideshow.

Certainly I'd hate to see Buffy or Bond fade away like TZ or OL, but I can understand the business decisions behind it.

Back