So I survived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SideshowDusty

Well, I survived my first Comic Con ever... barely ;) I'm glad it's *only* five days long because I don't think my brain could have taken one more day of sensory overload like that :explode I just wanted to say that it was great meeting so many Freaks in person (and sharing a drink or two with some of you), as well as talking with so many more of you in chat! Thank you guys for your help in making this Sideshow's best Comic Con ever!! :dance

I also wanted to take this chance to apologize for any problems some of you had with logging in through the Java chat. I sincerely hope that each and every one of you who wanted to join us were eventually able to! And thank you so much to those of you who posted the logs!! Fun times....

Oh, and I know some of you were looking forward to chatting with the illustrious Darth Vader on Sunday... but you may have noticed that he was pretty darn busy with his hoards of groupies on the Con floor, so he never had a chance to drop into the chat :cry I was looking forward to that - I'm sure we will have another chance to invite him back, what with the exciting new releases in the Star Wars line (in both the 1/4, 1:1 AND 12" scales now!) coming up!! :rock We are planning to invite Greg Mowry back in at some point too, as we were unfortunately not able to get all the wonderful questions you had for him answered this time around. He was very humbled by your interest in his work and definitely wants to try his hand in the Sideshow chat room again :D

I'm sure you've all had a chance to browse our excellent photo gallery - www.sideshowtoy.com/php/c...Photos.php - don't mean to brag, but these are some of the best photos from the Con! (and I believe Chris is still in the process of uploading even more!! - that guy NEVER sleeps, I'm telling you, I don't know how he does it). And those of you in chat and at the Sideshow Freaks party were also able to meet Larry Curtis, the man behind the words of a lot of our editorial content on the site, specifically the Con reports - www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...comiccon05 (scroll down to find all the Con reports listed on the right side of the screen) - and most *especially* the Party Report - www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...05ccon05ff :rock Chris was as great of an MC for the first-ever LIVE 'DOORS OF INDECISION' as everyone has said... and I am thankful that I did not trip even once while opening the chosen DOORS :yay

I must say that one of my favorite chats this time around was Heath Hammond's take at "murdering" the 1/4 scale Premium Format London After Midnight! I am hoping that some pictures from his session exist out there in the ether ;) I also enjoyed teasing Peter Mitchell when his mom showed up in chat when it was his turn in front of the firing range! :lol I can't forget to mention that Amy and Seth got some amazing shots with the product cam throughout the five-day broadcast, and we couldn't have done it without them! :toast Oh, and we can't forget jlcmsu's arrival at the booth and subsequent interruption of the LOTR chat - you're quite the celebrity Josh!! :lol

I just want to again say thanks to everyone - including all the fans that were logged in, those that visited the booth in person, and especially all of our staff guest chatters - who participated in the web broadcast!!! :toast

Please, use this thread to post your memories and favorite parts of the web broadcast - we would like to know what caught your fancy and made you eager to spend sometimes 23 hours straight in front of your computer screens!! (besides the free stuff of course :lol )

The hat with Peter Mitchell was the best for me, the man took time to answer every question and honestly there was a lot asked, lots of interest on package design. It really shed some light on the creativeness it takes and goes into a products packaging...

And I want to say thanks to Dusty - she went above and beyond; especially in planning and running the Freak party!

It seems she was always at the Sideshow booth too - from first light to close down. I hope you had time to have a little fun.

And Oxbeard was kind enough to capture the LAM destruction in detail. I've made a web page for it:

sideshowcollectors.com/LAM-disembowled.htm

Glad you made it through your first Con ok Dusty. I did as well but man what a ride huh?:banana It was such an awesome time to meet you all at SS and share some drinks with you as well as meeting many of the other Freaks. It really was one of the best times for me ever. The Live Doors made the party even funner you and Chris did a great job. The party itself was just awesome and you did a great great job Dusty putting it together with the details that you had to do for it. It was a lot of fun watching the chat from SDCC instead of being at my PC that was a very cool experience. I hope to be back next year to answer the encore of the fans:lol

Seriously, though I really wanna thank the Freaks, Chris, Robin, Matt, Bob, Brant, Dusty, Corie, and the rest of the SS team for making my first trip to SDCC something I will remember forever!!:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :toast :toast

Thanks Dusty, for the chance to share some of our favorite moments! I too really enjoyed the "murder" of the London After Midnight session, and Peter's packaging session, but I think the best session for me was Greg Mowry's! I think his costumes are a huge part of the success of the 1/4 scale line and can't wait to see what he has in store for us! You guys did a wonderful job running the chat, web cams, and working the floor at times! For us poor unfortunates who were not able to attend, you made it feel like we were there. Thanks to the entire team, especially you, Chris, Marc, Corie, Amy and Seth! Also, a big thumbs up for the web coverage and exciting new features coming down the pike! :toast

Dusty, this was my first time to spend the whole weekend glued in front of the computer :p ....

I especially enjoyed the LAM autopsy & deconstruction of Grievous :rock ... It was very enlightening & fun chat session, I sure hope Sideshow can arrange more of these types in future events :poke

Kudos to all the Sideshow folks for making the SDCC a truly enjoyable & memorable event (on site & online) !!!! :bow :toast

Oh, Dusty, I forgot to mention in my previous post, I have 64 screen caps of the LAM "murder" saved. I have forwarded them to Dave for the web page he created! Cheers everybody! :toast

Thanks heaps Dusty. It sure was fun. Being in chat made me feel like I was better off than alot of the people there. If only the attendees knew, I thought, how they missed out on the otherside of the coin. Excellence extraordinairre. :bow

Dusty it was awesome!! Thanks very much. I had a great time last year with the live Chat, but this year took it to a whole new level. Getting insight from the people involved was awesome!! I have learned sooo much last weekend that has made the collecting of your product that much more enjoyable.

Thanks too Lonnie, I was hoping someone has started screen caps before I did. I was a little slow and missed the first few.

The SDCC coverage this year was unsurpassed, it's seems every year Sideshow try to outdo themselves.....makes me wonder what they have planned for SDCC 2006!!! :thud :lol

My only complaint is that I suffered numb bum syndrome from all the hours sitting at my computer :lol :lol :lol

I agree, exceptional coverage this year!

The Hammond session was the highlight for me, particularly in the way the chat and cam worked in tandem. I hope we'll see more of this type of demonstration next time around.

I do have one suggestion to make regarding the Photo Galleries: It would be great if the photos could be annotated with a brief description of what's what and who's who.

I've had a lot of upheaval in my personal life this past month and, the opportunity to experience the con, albeit vicariously, was a pleasant diversion and a welcome respite.

Thanks, everyone!

Dusty -- what a great time I had. You, Bob, Brant, Chris, Diane, Matt, Andy, and ALL the others whom I couldn't even begin to name (and sorry if I've left you out) made this Freak feel instantly comfortable from the moment I entered the SS area. The party was a riot and I'm still tingling from all my experiences at my very first Con. You done GOOD! :clap

Watching you all work with and among other Con attendees...Unbelievable! Whatever customer relations training you all get.....keep it up! You ALL done good! :clap :clap

Training?... what training? :D We all just love what we do - and that's not BS! :boing2

Great work Dusty, great work to you too Chris and everyone at Sideshow. That was my first con ever and it was better than I had imagined. I wasnt sure what to expect, but everyone had a great personality and a blast! Ill def be coming back next year and once again we appreciate the Sideshow Freaks party. Chris, you need to be a Game Show Host! :toast

Like the other attendees, I had a blast.

The SS booth was by far the best and it kept drawing us all back. Dusty was great to meet, as well as all the others that were there working from start to finish.

SS truly knows how to star in a convention, as well as throw a party (thanks to Dave too for the arrangements).

:banana

Well you were lucky this time Dusty. Lucky you rolled over in your sleep. :lol

I feared for the worst, when the cam hit the floor and we were getting the upskirt shots. :lol Had Dusty collapsed? OMG get a medic. :medic

Next time you will know what you are in for and be prepared. No Doze, Do Doze, and the obligatory God Help Me pill.

Glad to see you have recovered. Now you can get a new trout and start some heavy slapping. :rollin

Back