Hot Toys ALIENS Warrior Image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremasterles

Gonna need a bigger site!
Reaction score
I kept looking for this thread, and realized, no one's started one yet!
I guess there aren't enough figures in hand to see lots of variants yet.

But, with Maulfan's and edwint's shots and many more to come, I thought I would show my repainted ALIENS Warrior, and give my review of it, since I have a few comments to make on it.

First. GREAT HT Box. Perfect as always.
Upon opening, it is an easy buildup. Took me less than a minute.
The bendy hands are cool and the back tubes go on easy.

Now, my complaints.
The back tubes fall off easy (if you are prone to play with it like I am...)
The feet just fall off if you look at 'em wrong...
And, of course...you all know me...movie Accuracy.

BUT, all that having been said, this is one amazing figure. The poses are already well documented by edwint and Maulfan already. So, I will refrain from trying to compete with those amazing images. NO WAY I can do that stuff! Just anticipaing MF's ceiling shot....

So, how is it finish wise? Paint wise. Fine. For the non-fixerupper, it works fine. As Maulfan has said, it's glossy, catches light well and has the look of the Aliens version in amazingly dramatic ways, so much so, that I have to rebut my own previous criticisms of it.

However, being an ALIEN/Giger fanatic, I have to repaint mine. I will say, it is an easy paint, if you are halfway capable. as the raised details on the more paintable legs and arms are easy to drybrush to bring out raised details.
It is hard to match the rubber chest and head areas, because there are no blacks or real darks in them, so you have to fudge it. But, it can be repainted and remain posable, and it becomes about 100% more dramatic! And, dare I say it, more movie accurate. it even has physical attributes of the original ALIEN and that alone makes it a keeper for me. I never knew it would be so cool.

Edited Additional BEFORE repaint shot:
InboxALwarrior.jpg

Now, my pics...

MyHTAW006.jpg

I did repaint the tongue, as it is supposed to be white and not dark. Left the teeth alone.

MyHTAW001.jpg

MyHTAW003.jpg

MyHTAW002.jpg

MyHTAW004.jpg

MyHTAW007.jpg

And side by side with my repainted MacFarlane Alien (reworked into an ALIENS Alien)

MyHTAW012.jpg

You can see the differences from the more movie accurate Mac toy, and this one, but, IT DOESN'T MATTER! This is so cool a figure, and TALL! It is more in keeping with the famous Takeya Alien Pile statue kit, and therefore is still very much in the lore of all things ALIEN.

I posed mine for this shoot with a physical homage to the original Bolaji Bodajo ALIEN posture, with his slightly bowed legs and physical "weirdness".

This is a great toy! I sure hope you guys can get one, if you haven't already.

Now, for more pics! Who knows what kind of stuff is to come! (Wait til Pjam and WOrGar get their's! I imagine the WorGar kitchen is gonna get rough! :lol)

I give this figure, FLAWS AND ALL, FIVE STARS! It rules!

Last edited:
awesome pics, awesome repaint, and awesome thread Les. :D

question, do you have pics of before and after so I can see exactly what was repainted?

awesome pics, awesome repaint, and awesome thread Les. :D

question, do you have pics of before and after so I can see exactly what was repainted?

:lol NO! I was so excited I didn't think to photo it before. I am sure someone has that. Look at any of them so far, Edwins is unrepainted as is Maulfan's. It is not that dramatic. Just the highlights really. If I had photographed it, with the flash, I bet you wouldn't see much difference. It's the glossy highlights areas that I repainted. ANd some color shifts to blend areas better.
It is a REAL subtle repaint. But, it does look better in regular light because of that. It's just me. I can't stand it not being repainted. :D

Look for the light color lines mostly. The areas around details like those ribbed things on the arms and legs and tubes and all. Those were not there, Nor were the head bones brought out much. I added all that light tan stuff.
Oh, and the hands. Lots of work on the hands...

A few more pics

Matched the colors in the chest ribs on the tubes...
MyHTAW008.jpg

MyHTAW009.jpg

Another comp with the Mac Alien (which is more screen accurate colorwise, and detail wise...)
MyHTAW013.jpg

MyHTAW014.jpg

BTW, that cool skipping pattern on the ribs, (wich I copied to the back tubes) almost looks like camoflauge, and is very screen accurate. The ALIENS guys had that weird patterning. VERY cool! I do love that part of this figure, HT got that very right!

Last edited:
I knew you would like him, Les. Glad you got one. Does it come with a Hot Toys stand?

I knew you would like him, Les. Glad you got one. Does it come with a Hot Toys stand?
Thanks Dave! :bow

And great question...NO, no HT stand. I was dissapointed, but will make him/her/it one as I have several spare ALIENS ones....this was just a good makeshift one to shoot with. The figure is tall, but not too heavy.
Suggestion on HT stands, if you have Predators which are heavy, or an ALien or Marine, superglue the post to the base. No more falling apart on pickups. I went through that ONCE. Never again! Holds 'em all fine.

Whoa Les, that figure is great. I am shaking with anticipation for mine. Sideshow keeps teasing me with "We're billing you, it's coming, it's coming...." :lol
I will have to repaint the tounge at least. That sickly, milky white toungue always grossed me out and was one of my favorite things about the Star Beast ;). Reminded me of the awful weird color of Bratwurst, which I could probably never eat even if I wasn't a Vegatarian :).

Nice work on the highlights, Les! As you said, it's quite subtle, but it shows up especially well on the hands, feet, and head. I've got one of these guys on the way from Blister Direct (should be here any day now) and I'm going to follow your lead by painting the tongue white, among other things. I also like the Gigeresque features on this figure, and enhancing those details like you did makes this warrior even more spectacular. I'm glad to hear you're so happy with it after your original reservations, too!
:rock:rock:rock

Yeah guys. It is too cool a figure not to "enhance"! :D

I did add a shot I found online of the Alien in the box, as it comes, without any repaint detail. It's in the original post, and is first. You can see all the parts well in it.

Simply AWESOME!!!

I love the detail work you did, really does make it pop. I can't wait for this one!

Your "tongue" fix is a must absolutely too.

Dittos, looks like a film prop, Les. Congrats!

I want mine "Lesterized". :cool:

Dittos, looks like a film prop, Les. Congrats!

I want mine "Lesterized". :cool:

I'd be honored sir! :D

Another thought I might mention to you fellas not yet in possession of your's yet...
Almost every single joint, except the wrists, are double jointed. Every one. His shoulders, pivot and pose. His elbows, knees, ankles, neck, and of course, that wild body, all pose like mad. He can almost assume the Alien 3 Dog Alien poses. AMAZING posability. Now, if I can find a way to keep his feet on...:lol
And I prefer the bendy hands over the harder ones. The hard ones look nice, and have wicked cool claws, but are not as ALIEN as the bendy ones are.
And, even though the "hips" area is not too screen accurate, it does look like the A3/AR/AVP hips, and allows for great poses, so it's not too shabby. I guess they'd have a tough time with the torso with one big part.

This figure makes you imagine what an ALIEN could be. Wow. One step away. And, Maybe, a more extensive body suit. Make the ALIEN one have a ribs/shoulders to upper thighs bodysuit piece. It could be done. And make the upper and lower back tubes the same size...that is not correct here, but I figure it's an artistic licence thing. Doesn't look bad. But for the first movie one, I hope they get that right. The feet and hands are close in look. Add an alternate thumb, lose the extra inner toes...dome the head and add some lips...man...not too far.....not too far...

All that's left for this one is the inevitable variants I guess....man....BD ones, alternate arms and colors ones...the mind boggles. It's not like for ALIENS, you wouldn't get more of them!

Ho man would I love mine to be "lesterized"! Yours now looks terrific Les. You just won't stop amazing me each time you repaint your figs!:monkey5

A Battle Damaged variant is IMPERATIVE! I'm hoping we will see one at Comic Con next week. If not, I'll be sure to send one of mine to be "Lesterized" with acid blood sometime.

Thanks guys! I could "Lesterize" Aliens ALL DAY LONG! I love 'em too much!

Hey, JUST DISCOVERED COOL THING!

One of my all-time favorite poses that is almost unique to ALIENS, due to the 1/1 puppet, and in that first shot we see of Dietrich getting grabbed, is the "Mantis" pose. The Hot Toys figure can almost do this on it's own...but it has these weirdly carved cuffs around each hand post.
SO.....your's truly removed said barring lower, quite unseen hand cuff from the arm stem, and now....

The ALIEN MANTIS POSE!

MyHTAW016.jpg

MyHTAW017.jpg

The more I do to this thing...the more I am loving it! :bunnydanc

A Battle Damaged variant is IMPERATIVE! I'm hoping we will see one at Comic Con next week. If not, I'll be sure to send one of mine to be "Lesterized" with acid blood sometime.

Oh. Yeah. I want to see THAT D.

Cool "Lesterized-Mantisizing" there Bro. That, dude, looks cool.:cool:

Wow Les.... I knew you'd do amazing stuff when you got this bad boy! Very well done and can now share your shelf with his head held high amongst the rest of it all. :lol

This just makes me all the more excited to get mine in and do the same!!

Back