Transformers DVD Info: "Prequel" footage & sequel hint??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
From CHUD:

There’s no question whether there will be a sequel to Transformers; the real query is what it will be about. If the guy who does the voice of Bumblebee (ie, delivers one line in the film) is right, the plot of the sequel is being set up in a special feature on the Transformers DVD release.

Mark Ryan tells SKNR : ‘I recently recorded more material for the DVD release of the film. It has to do with the Prequel that will set up the second film.

So there’s some pre-voicebox damage Bumblebee stuff on the DVD… but is it set on Cybertron, on Earth or another planet altogether? Will we see Bumblebee take that damage? And will we meet a new enemy who will show up next film?

So, apparently, there will be some kind of Bonus Feature on the eventual DVD release that is essentially a prequel to the movie and also sets up the sequel. VERY cool and interesting.

Sounds like the DVD release has a lot of promise, the only question is, will this prequel video be part of a standard 2-disc set or some more expensive, super deluxe collectors set. I can't wait to own this movie already!

My money's on an extended edition. :rock

To be released 6 months after the theatrical version...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As long as any extended footage features ROWBUTS (or Megan Fox).

Seriously, they should add a feature to the DVD which allows you to watch the movie and skip over all of the Department of Defense/Sector 7 nonsense that bogs down the flick.

"The Matrix" was the DVD release that made be break down and get a DVD player back in 1999. "Transformers" will probably cause me to go ahead and upgrade to HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

Irish--

Bumblebee takes the throat damage at the hands of Megatron himself--- it's in the comic prequel to the movie.

Irish--

Bumblebee takes the throat damage at the hands of Megatron himself--- it's in the comic prequel to the movie.

and the book also but Megatron was missing for a long time so Bumblee's voice-box must have been messed up for 100's of years.

So if Bumblebee's voicebox has been broken for 100s of years, how did he express himself before songs started being transmitted by radio?

i believe in the book he just used hand gestures, etc. if they could have fixed it that easy you think they would have done that a whole lot earier....like 100's of years earlier. oh well, still fun movie.

*claps in agreement*

Having the Secretary of Defense involvd in a shotgun battle.... *shakes head*

That part annoyed me in a HUGE way! It was very campy and cheesy in certain areas which reminded me a lot of ID4, which I loathed. That was when I had to remind myself what this movie was based on.

Having said that, the scenes with Shea's character and Bumble Bee in the beginning, especially when they were trying to pick up Megan Fox's character... wow, such a fan I forget names. lol

In any case, Shea, Megan, the Robots, and the action and comedy surrounding them were the saving graces of the film. But I could have done without some of the Sector 7 bit, and the Secretary of Defense packing heat.

I just don't understand why Angelina Jolie and her father don't get along, when they both clearly have a thing for weapons. After all she sleeps with knives and he likes playing with shotguns.

It seems more like something that happened before the first one will setup what happens in the second one. Really interesting. For whatever High-def format this comes out in, I'll have to break down and buy a player.

It seems more like something that happened before the first one will setup what happens in the second one. Really interesting. For whatever High-def format this comes out in, I'll have to break down and buy a player.

Since it's dreamworks/paramount who supports both, it should come out on Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.

Back