Favorite premiere piece from SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

So this Friday's newsletter didn't have much new. But wasn't expecting it after the flood last week.

So what was your favorite item premiered at SDCC?

Seeing everything in person was relavatory for me - Kenobi is so much better in person. I think it's my favorite sculpt of Mat's and I love some of his monsters.

Doom is a step up for Marvel, for Premium figures and for collectibles in general - it's hard to imagine how they'll top this one.

The most stunning piece they presented this year was without a doubt the Predator maquette for me. Just freakin' awesome!!

Well, being a 1:6 collector I found this year's SDCC to be a Sideshow letdown. I remember the past offerings which seemed like heaven:

The Monty Python Holy Grail Knights and Patsy, Lugosi, Chaney & Strange Frankenstein monsters, the Bride, Fritz, Talbot, Bela and the Wolfman...Plethoras of figures... :\

Guess that's what they mean by "the good old days"

Predator maquette no question. I had no intentions of buying the Predator 1/4, but the fact that this is such a high quality release has me wanting this more than just about anything else.

I REALLY hope Sideshow keeps up the maquette line. I just want quality pieces. I don't care how expensive they are. I'm so much more excited for the Predator maquette and the AT-AT SE than any other items. They're expensive, but they look SO much better than the cheaper pieces. Quality over quantity is what I want.

I have to agree with Iron Man,I'm not excited about any of them.Just a little perhaps for the patient zero figure as it debutes a new 1/6th figure line,but I also feel that it's a rather mundane figure for a zombie.We should see a fat suit zombie,a shotgun blast zombie,maggot ridden zombe,etc.

I'm currious about the coming Star Wars line,I hope to see some of the obscure denizens of the cantina as figures.

Predator maquette, no question. I found myself coming back to it every few hours to look at it. The detail is second to no other statue. It is truley awe inspiring in person.

Jesse

DOOM!
drdoom0mj.gif

Dr. Doom, because it set a new standard for the Premium Format and redefined the existing design model.

I really, really want a PF Buffy, now!

bffy_pf.gif

Back