ALIEN 3 THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, don't want to seem like a nagging police or something, but the ALIENS thread is really getting derailed at the moment, and since we finally got this forum section for these movies and all, let's use the individual threads to their full potential and keep em focused. There's some strong Alien 3 discussion going so let's bring it in here and leave the ALIENS thread dedicated to that film.

I watched it again yesterday. While the story doesn't carry a great deal over from 1 & 2, the overall film, to me, fits with Alien and Aliens, the visual style, the characters, it feels like an Alien film, where Resurrection looks and feels more like some generic sci-fi film that just happens to use Ripley and the xenomorphs. Much as I'd like to see more Alien films, at this point, I think the storyline Ridley Scott started should end with Alien 3, it's a nice closure to the story arc. Getting into future Alien films, I'd like to see back story prior to Alien, how the Space Jockey acquired the eggs, where the xenomorphs come from, that could be cool to see, but as far as the main story, like I said, I think 3 successfully ended it all, and it's shortcomings are the fault of the production issues not the creative team.

I watched it again yesterday. While the story doesn't carry a great deal over from 1 & 2, the overall film, to me, fits with Alien and Aliens, the visual style, the characters, it feels like an Alien film, where Resurrection looks and feels more like some generic sci-fi film that just happens to use Ripley and the xenomorphs. Much as I'd like to see more Alien films, at this point, I think the storyline Ridley Scott started should end with Alien 3, it's a nice closure to the story arc. Getting into future Alien films, I'd like to see back story prior to Alien, how the Space Jockey acquired the eggs, where the xenomorphs come from, that could be cool to see, but as far as the main story, like I said, I think 3 successfully ended it all, and it's shortcomings are the fault of the production issues not the creative team.

I agree with what you said about alien 3. Learning where the Aliens come from would be very exciting indeed!

I love Alien3.I like how it had the balls to kill off some beloved characters and truly throw the audience into the thick of it.The design of the creature was really cool too,a nice change of pace from the previous incarnations.David Fincher got the shaft from Fox while making it and look at him now...he has evolved into this generation's Ridley Scott.His vision and focus is so evident on the docs of the Quadrilogy set.Now that NECA has the licence I hope to see the creature done right,as Tom Woodruff has already said he is glad that NECA have the licence now to see their works properly realised as collectibles.Hey,can anyone post some pics of the creaure?I love its look.I really dig how the film went back to the'haunted house'theme of the original film,just one lone creature in a dank hellhole out to kill.Elliot Goldenthal said it best about Fincher's vision:

"He really wanted you to feel that five minutes in,you knew you were ****ed."

I really liked the way the "Dog Alien" looked in A3, but the movie sucked in my opinion *prepares for throwing of cabbage*.

They should have just left off at Aliens, the space marines really kicked ass.

You mean pics like these?

74580_alien_122_391lo.jpg

74438_alien004_122_350lo.jpg

74449_alien008_122_389lo.jpg

74444_alien007_122_345lo.jpg

34878928fp8nu3238335237wsnrcg323-1.jpg

:D

Hope you like!

the dog alien is definitely one of my favorite designs for the creature, and on the heels of getting my "Aliens" HT warrior today I really want to see them do this guy next

Remember a few months ago? The rumor was that HT was going to produce figures from A3, Aliens and P2, so it may just be that the next in line is "the dragon"!
Everything else has turned out to be true. I can't remember who it was that came with the insider info though...

Went and dug this old thread up to post some pics in....

Here's my repainted Tsukuda Alien 3 reshot recently...(I still wanna see what MaulFan would do with this one!)

A3001.jpg

A3003.jpg

A2002.jpg

And did a video showing it some too. See my thread in collections and/or customs for the link.

I LOVE that repaint Les it looks awesome man, out of all the dioramas im looking forward most to the Alien3 one, i love the design man!

I liked Alien 3 when it first came out, but going back recently to watch it, I was kind of annoyed by some issues.

For one, I don't like how they killed off Newt and Hicks. I'm OK with main characters dying, but it was just so lame and transparent to me, and it makes watching Aliens not quite as satisfying since you know that everything they went through was basically meaningless. It's kind of like how in the beginning of Karate Kid Part 2, they show Daniel coming back from having broken up with his girlfriend from the previous movie. It just seems artificial and purely for the purpose of advancing the plot in the way they want it to. True, they couldn't very well have Newt come back in the next movie without replacing her with another younger actress, but I still think there were better ways that this could have been handled.

Also, while the design of the dog alien is fine, the CGI version of it looks horrible, in my opinion. Of course, that's mostly true only in hindsight.

I do like the setting and the overall story is pretty good, but I can't help but feel that it was a squandered opportunity in a lot of ways.

Back