Any Star Wars Female Collectors here?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Ape

Super Freak
Reaction score
Outside the ten usual Star Wars fans that seem to spend all their days in these forums yapping like girls (sad...) I was wondering if there were any real female collectors?

Does SideShow appeal to the female collector or not? If not it would be interesting to hear why not. So, please chime in.

Hey,
Yep, proud to say that I'm a big fan of Star Wars and the Sideshow collectibles and that I'm female. Can't speak for other ladies but I love the Sideshow figures and spend any extra cash grabbing the ones that strike my fancy. :D
I've always loved action figures so to me that's kind of what they are, large, very detailed action figures with a little bit of Barbie thrown in. I think the only reason they might not appeal to the female collector is they are simply not creating figures that are in that persons area of intrest or they simply aren't aware of the figures to begin with.

And another one here - I'm also a big Star Wars fan, and a happy female collector. I love the Sideshow figures. I do have more of the 12" figures than the PFs, but that's mostly because the bulk of my collecting money goes on LOTR, so I do more picking and choosing for Star Wars. I tend to stick mostly to the core characters and the Jedi.

But yep, Sideshow definitely appeals to this female collector. :)

And me... I love the Star Wars films and especially Sideshow's Star Wars Collectibles! I tend to stick mostly to the 12" range (mostly the Jedi and core characters) as I don't have much space for the larger pieces, although I do own some PF figures that have taken my fancy (even though I promised myself I wouldn't!). Also collect the SW gentle giant mini busts as well as well as Sideshow/GG pieces from LOTR and Harry Potter. So yes Sideshow definately appeals to me!!

Another female collector checking in here. I love the Star Wars line in any format. I was also an action figure kid and I love the detail of the 12" figs that were overlooked on the action figures I had growing up. I also dig the Gentle Giant pieces as well, especially the animated maquettes. My own circle of female friends doesn't give a rip about my collecting. They couldn't be less interested, in spite of being diehard Star Wars fans. Their spending/collecting priorities are different. I get teased for being a geeky nerd with un-girly taste, not that I care. They envision SDCC to be some small-time hotel conference room event. But their husbands/boyfriends and kids think it's cool as hell and they can't wait to chat me up and look at pictures when I get back.

Another female collecting geek here. I started collecting when Hasbro had the 12" SW license, back in 1999 when stores were flooded with TPM mechandise and you could get almost anything dirt cheap. Well, collecting has gotten considerably more expensive, but I'm still able to buy what I like. I'm a completist only with the LOTR figures (because there are so few of them :lol). I guess part the appeal in SS is the licenses offered. If you're not already a SW geek, or a Buffy/Whedon fan, or a Middle-Earther you won't be interested in what they (or any other company) is offering.

Add me to the list. I collect both PF & 12" figures. I started with WETA LOTR but when SST got the SW license, I stopped collecting LOTR (except for the 12" fellowship--if that ever happens) and started collecting SW.

Most of my collection is SST but I do have small remote controlled robots and some Deformed VCD toys.

I collect SS SW and I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body, does that count?

I've heard that line on this board once before, Vader Al. And again, it was in the same topic as this one.

I'll humor you anyway.... To answer your question, it counts. We're all in this together, whether male or female...or somewhere in between. Hence, that's why we're all FREAKS!

I've heard that line on this board once before, Vader Al. And again, it was in the same topic as this one.

I'll humor you anyway.... To answer your question, it counts. We're all in this together, whether male or female...or somewhere in between. Hence, that's why we're all FREAKS!

:grouphug :grouphug :elefant :elefant

Last edited:
Count another in! (Female collector, not lesbian trapped in man's body):D

I've been collecting 1:6 since my first Barbie in 1964, and have been a SW nerd since 1977. So it was only natural to go for the larger SW figures, from Kenner onward. Picked up Hasbro over the years when I could afford them, and have been buying SSC figures like a crazy girl. :) I do acknowledge their flaws but love them for the sheer coolness and detail.

Add me to the list, I started with the SS/W stuff then moved onto the SW & LOTR 12in. I also collect GG but just the maquettes and select few busts.

Ok - I'm officially confused are u lesbians or collectors :rotfl

- sorry shouldn't be in this thread I 'm leaving now! foot steps followed by door closing.......

So what's the over under that the females who have posted in this thread have had their Private Messages filled up with messages from basement dwelling nerds asking them if they have pictures of themselves dressed as slave Leia? :lol

Just joking around, but it sounded funny to me.

Female collector here as well. Been buying Sideshow since the LOTR WETA statues. Regarding their SW product, not much really appeals to me, unfortunately. I don't collect 12" figures or busts and so far I haven't found the dio line to be interesting enough to drop the money. Although that could change in the future. My big thing right now is the PF line, but I've been very picky about which characters to buy. So far I only have Han Solo. Still waiting on that Stormtrooper. :)

GG gets most of my money when it comes to SW. I collect their maquettes.

Its kind of interesting that most of the females have been around for a while but don't have a lot of posts. Hopefully its not that they feel intimidated or anything and its just that they have actual lives outside these boards unlike some of us poor guys (or maybe its because of what Kit said.) :)

Back