Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darkgirl

:gandalf Is there anyone here who is a fan of the Universal Monsters and has just about all the Universal Monsters by Sideshow.That is something I would just like to know.I'am actually new to Sideshow and just recently started getting interested and I'am glad I did I just wish it was sooner.I intend on getting a couple of Sideshow items whenever I can.I have been hooked on Franknestein lately.Also,if you have any extra Universal Monsters you plan on giving away soon.Just give me a shout and let me know.Also I cannot wait to see what the Star Wars Figs look like.

Man.,I wish I was able to go to Comic Con but I missed it.Luckily Sideshow gave all the details and photos on what was there

There are a lot of Universal Monster fans here, :wilkommen to you darkgirl!

You can probably find the Strange, Lugosi and Chaney Frankenstein monsters fairly cheap from a dealer or ebay if you don't have them. They are all excellent monsters even if they aren't Karloff.

Yes Darkgirl, I am a fan. If you are talking all the 1/6 Universal monsters, I have one version of them all. I don't have every item. I don't have the House of Frankenstein, Strange, figure yet, but here in Australia it is half price at the moment, and am waiting for my dealer to pick it up. I don't have the Silver Screen editions, except for the London after Midnight. I don't have the 8 inch or the bobble heads either. I just collect the 1/6 figures. Just how 'freaky do you think I am. :lol

:wilkommen I hope you enjoy the 'Sideshow Freaks' board, I do. The people here are very friendly and helpful. Sometimes it pays to remember that, when things get a bit heated, we are passionate you know.
:grouphug

For the most part, you don't see too many people giving them away ;) or have them for sale here on the board. Most members are collectors and keep what they get. You will soon see your thread build up because this line is what we all like to believe gave Sideshow the shot in the arm to compete with the other companies, and blow them away. There are many Universal Monster collectors here. I am not disappointed with any one Universal Monsters figure. I heard someone mention the Hunchback once, I couldn't agree, and the Mummies wraps are too tight for any useful poses, but I still like him. I managed to save enough to get a Premium 1/4 Dracula, and wish I had the Premium Vampyre now, as well as the others, but as I cannot afford them I like to think I have the best one and the others would disappoint me. Yeah, I'm in denial. :lol

I too LOVE the Universal Monsters.

No doubt my favorite SS liscense. I've been collecting Universal Monsters since '74 with the Megos and I haven't looked back since. In fact, nothing would make me happier if SS gave up all of their other liscenses and just made Universal Monsters pieces till the end of time.

:skull

Welcome, darkgirl!

You can definitely count me in!

plzg.jpg

Universal Monsters???!!! Absoulutely!:bat

They are what introduced me to SideShow way back in 96 (?) I remember being very excited finding those first 8" figures! I really like those and wish they would make a bunch more.

For me... Any format of The Uni Monsters are still the most exciting releases from SideShow! :clap

Fred

I know what you dream of at night FrankenFan,a 1/4th scale Frankenstein chained down in that massive wooden chair seen in Bride.One thing even I could not resist in 1/4th scale would be Imhotep entombed in his sarcoffagus.Doom's throne opens up new possibilities.

Still,my true obssession lies with the 1/6th scale Universal line.The larger figures are impressive stand alone pieces,but when you see a collection of 12'' figures all together it's really tough to beat.Ultimately I feel the novelty of a fine toy/doll trumps any collectable piece.

Okay,I'll play.

Quasimodo tied down to the torture wheel.
Red Death Phantom on Opera house rooftop.
Atwill Wax Phantom with cauldron of hot wax.
Doctor Mirakle with girl strapped to a rack.
Circus wagon with Browning's Freaks crawling beneath.
:bat

Yes, I collected SS figures when they used to make Universal Monster.

I'm sure you will be very happy with them :)

Make sure you get the Creature, he's one of their best figures.

My first Sideshow figure ever was the Karloff Frankenstein. For YEARS I looked for the "ultimate" sculpt of Karloff as the Monster either in a resin kit form or an action figure so that I could do a custom representation of the monster the way I wanted. No luck finding anything good enough until Sideshow comes along. The result? Take a look:
frankenstein004.jpg

I couldn't be happier.

I've got the Phantom of the Opera, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Vampyre from London after Midnight, and Fritz is on the way. After that I'd like to pick up an Invisible Man.

Welcome!:bat

i just saw the invisible man and its AMAZING! the special FX are just as good as todays and its a killer movie! Im DEFINATELY get the SS figure!:banana

Yeah, it's surprising how good by today's standards the original Invisible Man really is. You won't be disappointed by the figure BDboystoys, Only that after watching the movie, you'll wish this one came with a voice chip of Claude Rains' amazing voice.

gREAT JOB

:gandalf I agree.This is a definetly a amazing paint job you did on the Frankenstein.It is amazing

Re: gREAT JOB

Please Sideshow, don't let this line die with Ygor as the final piece. Take Frankenfans hint and execute us. Execute us all.

Great job Phantom. You've shown us before and I don't mind you showing us again and again. It looks ALIVE. :frank It really shows how good the scuplt is. Great job Oluf.

There are a lot of Universal Monster fans here,
To be more exact, there are a lot of disappointed Universal Monster fans here
They have given us quite a range of fine figures in this line, but they have ignored so many others...

As always, great suggestions, Poelzig!

Quasimodo on the wheel would be fantastic! I recall Creecher suggesting that, too, a while back.

Yeah. The monster in the interrogation chair from "Bride" would be a killer. I've got the cheesy Jakks action figure interpretation but, to see it fully realized as a mixed media PF would be magnificent!

Another favorite "chair moment" for me is the monster's pitiful attempt to capture some sunlight in "Frankenstein." That scene is simply heart-wrenching. :cry

Phantom: Saw your repaint in the 1/6 Gallery section before the decimation and, it's nice to see it again. I've always preferred the sallow, jaundiced hues to the more common green skin tones. Excellent work and, very inspiring!

Ironman: Count me as not dissapointed. Sure there are many more figures I'd like to see but, when I look around the room here at Castle FrankenFan, and I see the wonderfully diverse collection of action figures, polystone statues, Pozers, 1/6-scale, Premium Format, Little Big Heads, Glow-in-the-Dark and Translucent figures, Thrashers, Wrestlers, Bobble Heads, Shot Glasses, Halloween pails, and Monster Mountains that Sideshow produced over the years, I'm a very contented Monster Kid! :)

bof2.jpg

Hey, thanks you guys; glad you didn't mind takin' a look at this guy again. I just wanted darkgirl to know how AMAZING the sculpts can be on the figures. What Oluf and the rest of the Sideshow team did with that ONE figure was, IMHO, sum up what Sideshow at its best is about: unparallelled sculpts, detailing and accessories on figures that we've long wanted in our collections. Man, I can't WAIT to get that Invisible Man! Now if they would JUST do a figure of PETER LORRE...

Ahhh, we loyal monster lovers. I fear we have become the minority in the Sideshow universe. While the company moves at a fast pace on the variety of Buffy figures, etc, and you know the bulk of their time will be taken up by the new Star Wars 12" series, we will be left with mere crumbs of Universal Monster offerings. Let's not forget that it's a business. Sales are much stronger on other products and hence the focus is on more of those products. I'd still be happy with limited runs on the figures if they would just consider continuing the line.
Was there any mention at SDCC of anything coming beside Metaluna Mutant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back