My PF Spike review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Sideshow's Premium Format figures since day one, but let's be honest - they have their ups and downs. Thankfully, it's been more ups than downs though, and the latest release - the PF Spike - is simply outstanding. This is one of the few times though where the exclusive version really is picking up over the regular if you can swing it. You can check out my review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And speaking of Sideshow PF figures, I'm teaming up with them to bring you a terrific Premium Format giveaway for SDCC this year. Stay tuned for the contest to go live on the 20th. And last but not least, I've added a SEARCH function! Yep, it's on the 'Toy Review Archive' page. Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Hey Mike is this from another review?
(from the Spike PF review)
"Fun Factor - ***
While these might not be the most realistic in appearance, they are actually pretty fun toys. You'll have to free up the joints before you give them to a kid, and some of the accessories might be a bit too pointy for those in the younger set, but if you know someone that really loves the show and loves toys - not statues - than these are a good choice.

Things to Watch Out For -
Those stuck joints can snap or tear. Use the freezer trick before trying to loosen up any that seem really stuck."

Yea, it's fixed now. I'm in my big 'rush' period right now, trying to get enough reviews caught up in advance that I'll have a full set for the week of SDCC. But in the rush, I tend to make more mistakes *sigh*

Excellent review, and definitely deserving of 4 stars.
Although you might want to pull your Spikes tshirt collar down or sit the sculpt on top of it as its turtle-necky:D

No thanks - pulling it down makes his neck look way too long, imo. I much prefer it up farther on his neck.

A wonderful review! I agree with all your points, and think he probably is a wee bit over priced, especially if you didn't manage to get the exclusive edition.

I'm very much looking forward to receiving my copy now! :D

Not interested in Buffy Crap, but this sure is a 4 stars PF....Congrats on those who dig him cause he looks awesome.

Good review. I agree on all the things you said. I'm looking forward to getting mine and he's not even a favorite character!

Last edited:
Buffy crap? :confused:

Man, if I crapped out stuff that looked this good, I would be a very rich man. Plus it would be a very painful experience craping out Angel PF's sword, and the bases on those suckers are HUGE!

I'm just playing. Either way, you can't have enough Buffy crap!

As always Michael, your reviews on mwctoys are very entertaining and have usually persuaded me to either stick with a purchase(s) or avoid them at all costs.

I'll own Blondy Bear exclusive one day. Hopefully that day comes sooner rather than later.

Back