Medicom Hostel 1/6 figure..anyone get it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewby

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Mines coming in tomorrow and was just curious if anyone else here ordered one?.......................thanks, Larry

pics coming tonight ... overall I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. For one, the figure is too darn clean .. this is a horror figure and should be bloodied up. I guess that can be fixed. Other than that, it is a very simple figure that cost far more than I think it should have.

Here are a couple photos of the figure. Anyone else that got this have a problem with moving the right arm? I can move it back, but it will not raise up forward (as if to have the machete over his head).

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

You might try undressing the figure... sometimes when figures are being clothed at the factory some material gets stuck in a joint and cause it to be immobile or twisted at an odd angle.

Usually just removing the shirt and putting it back on will fix the problem.

the only reason I didn't order this guy is because I don't feel anything for him if you get me ( I think most horror fans will ). He wasn't like a main bad guy or anything.
Don't get me wrong a scary guy and all and a great movie but hes just not " special " enough for me.
Be sure to post up pics when you get him guys ! :rock

I wouldn't mind a figure from Hostel, but awhile back I saw the unmasked headsculpt and it was terrible/Hasbro quality.

This is a sweet frackin' figure and I loved Hostel but I agree with uselessminion, I've got better stuff to get. I might get him but it won't be for a while if I even get it. But regardless of if I get it or not it's still a nice figure.

the only reason I didn't order this guy is because I don't feel anything for him if you get me ( I think most horror fans will ). He wasn't like a main bad guy or anything.
Don't get me wrong a scary guy and all and a great movie but hes just not " special " enough for me.
Be sure to post up pics when you get him guys ! :rock

Agreed...

Ok movie I thought, not worth investing in merchandise.

Mine'll be here on Monday... not expecting the 2nd coming, but for $60ish shipped I can't complain.

Well for having low expectations I have to say this figure didn't even meet those... its really pretty much total crap IMO. He's got those annoying flipper hand gloves that fall off, the black smock comes loose and isn't adjustable so it looks bad (see last picture). The shoes are too big which makes standing difficult and overall its just a blah looking figure. Glad I didn't pay retail for him and most likely I'll resell him at my earliest convenience

Also, the pacakaging is really not collector friendly... takes a lot more work than usual, which is very odd for Medicom. So in short, not worth the trouble even at a deeply discounted price!!!

EDIT Okay, initial impressions were a little harsh, but still vaild. After taking a few pictures he's not a total waste. But still one I would not recommend and I'm still probably gonna dump him off on eBay before too long.

hostela.jpg

hostelb.jpg

You can't make the straps tighter w/o making your own new holes... not a huge issue, but for a figure I probably won't keep its not worth hurting the resale value.​
hostelc.jpg

Back