Marmit Customizing question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmdr Nayo

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I recently purchased an unassembled Marmit Sandtrooper kit and was looking for some customization advice. From reading some previous threads, it looks like it is a good idea to swap out the body. What body works the best with the Marmit kit? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nayo

The only Marmit I've customised was the AT-AT Driver and I found that the DML body works fine .:D

I used a DID body for mine and it worked nicely... and the headsculpts have a nice look to them. More realilstic than some of Dragons offerings.

I have the whole series, and kept the original bodies with all of them.I've never understood what collector's have against the Marmit bodies. The articulation on them is fine, and,unless you plan to display them sans helmet, the lack of a face is really a non-issue. Just my opinion, for what it's worth...PS

I have the whole series, and kept the original bodies with all of them.I've never understood what collector's have against the Marmit bodies. The articulation on them is fine, and,unless you plan to display them sans helmet, the lack of a face is really a non-issue. Just my opinion, for what it's worth...PS

Ditto that.

I had nothing against it, unforunately it had something against me :lol While I was attempting to get the crotch piece of armor over the figures hips (and I did warm it up like I was supposed to) the leg joint snapped off at the hip. Not the sort of thing thats repairable with superglue.

So, I got the DiD as a replacement and it had better articulation and the underlying headsculpt was a nice bonus.

I also went with a Dragon body on Marmit Fett and have been quite pleased with the results. The Marmit body, particularly with no headsculpt under the dome, just didn't do it for me.

The only problem with the Marmit Stormtroopers that bothered me was the fixed ankles and lack of posability. It finally overcame my better judgement, so I took off the lower leg armor, and cut the feet off with an exacto-knife along the moulded seam. Then I cut about an inch or so off both legs, and attatched severed legs from spare figures, of exactly the same length, except with articulated feet. Then I glued the body-stocking thing back into place, painted it white, and put the shoes back on the feet. Took about 20 minutes, and done right, the joint looks perfectly natural!

So, voila, moveable feet, and you wouldn't believe how much cooler they are to pose now! Running, crouching, etc.... The only other beef I would have with the Marmit body would be that the elbows don't bend far enough, but the way the armor is, I don't think you'd be able to improve the range of motion much anyway.

I had nothing against it, unforunately it had something against me :lol While I was attempting to get the crotch piece of armor over the figures hips (and I did warm it up like I was supposed to) the leg joint snapped off at the hip. Not the sort of thing thats repairable with superglue.

Funny, the same thing happened to me. At that point, I decided to buy the Marmit kits for the clothing and accessories only. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Be careful what you wish for...
PICT0096.jpg

The whole gang(Marmits, modified Hasblo and customs...)
PICT0097.jpg

a closer look...
PICT0101.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

The obligatory cheesecake shots. My wife likes to create odd mixtures almost as much as I do( is it a sad thing when an action figure does better with the ladies than it's creator?)...PS

Thanks for all the replies (and the great pics). One other question:

If I assemble the Marmit with the stock body, how hard is it to change out if I decide I want to go with a different body? Thanks again

Nayo

Thanks for all the replies (and the great pics). One other question:

If I assemble the Marmit with the stock body, how hard is it to change out if I decide I want to go with a different body? Thanks again

Nayo

You shouldn't have any problems with swapping bodies even after you complete the figure kit.

For me, the stock Marmit bodies are not as poseable. I also used a taller body (from Dragon) in order to match the height of Sideshow's Star Wars figures.
2e3mibn.jpg

47b7pxx.jpg

I also wanted to pose the figures without their helmets.
30aq43o.jpg

Last edited:
You shouldn't have any problems with swapping bodies even after you complete the figure kit.

For me, the stock Marmit bodies are not as poseable. I also used a taller body (from Dragon) in order to match the height of Sideshow's Star Wars figures.
2e3mibn.jpg

47b7pxx.jpg

I also wanted to pose the figures without their helmets.
30aq43o.jpg

The weathering of the troopers are superb. Great photos.

Back