Jabba Sized Advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a Jabba Throne for $200 + shipping. The seller has agreed to take the payment in installments and he will ship when I have it paid in full. I also have a $40 CIV gift card that I can use toward the Jabba...

Should I go for it?

Is it in the cards?

Written in the stars?

Or should I wait to use the card on a second chance offer (ie ANH Leia) and forget the throne since I have NO WHERE to put it right now?

Please help me. :confused:

didnt you sell the dead cause finances were tight? save the money and use it down the line. jabba will always be available somewhere. this message brought to you by the freaks fiscal intelligence comittee

Go for the throne man. It's an impressive set-up for sure and you sound like you really want it. :rock It's a centerpiece to your SW collection.

Marc, in this scale, I'd say that Jabba and his throne is THE best display piece you could own, I love Medi Boba and Jango Fett and all, but I've had Jabba for 6 months now, and I am still in awe everytime I walk into my room and see him there, and as I work at my computer I look over at the piece and I'm just so taken with it. If you like Jabba, you will feel so good about this piece. If you're more interested in the piece from a cool collectible standpoint but without much character love, then maybe you'd be best just getting a Jabba alone at some point and not worry about the whole setup. Like I said, if you're fan enough of the character and what not, then you'll fall in love with this package.

Well Pix, I bought the Rebel Soldiers because you finally broke down. I happen to have the throne. Do it for me! LOL! :lol

I'd go for it. Jabba is one of the coolest SW Collectibles I've ever seen. It really looks awesome in person. :rock

"You want this.....don't you?" :emperor

Leia2.jpg

didnt you sell the dead cause finances were tight? save the money and use it down the line. jabba will always be available somewhere. this message brought to you by the freaks fiscal intelligence comittee

Yes. Hence the $25/month payment plan. :D

Don't get it. It's not that spectacular. It's not like it'll be the centrepiece of your entire 1/6 collection.

:D

You know you want it. Just pull the trigger.

MaulFan is right...this is the best display piece in this scale.

I know. He looks great. One of my concerns has always been, do I want a Jabba-centric display.... Grrrrrr.... It sucks not having a brain. :duh

if you ever plan to get jabba you have to get the throne...HAVE TO. do not get jabba without it. get the throne and wait on jabba if you have to.

Get it Pix. I'm in the same boat plus one. I also have Bib and the Crumb pack but I also have Jabba. I'm gathering funds right now to buy a throne off of another board member.

Do it!

OK. I have decided to not get Jabba. I should have known better than to come here for advice. :lol

Thanks Devlinboy. The fever has passed. :eek:

Do it Pix. It is the simply most amazing item in my Collection. Size DOES matter!

If you already have Bib and Crumb, then it is a no brainer. The price was the only thing I was worried about, but you seem to have that covered with the payment plan. You can always find space. Finding something to display it on is a problem though. Mine's just on an old desk that barely fits it. I went to that new IKEA a few weeks ago, but nothing jumped out at me there (except the legendary DETOLFs, but those are tiny!).

You can always sell this piece down the road if you change your mind or if money/space is getting tight. I'm sure when other Jabba stuff is announced, this will go up in demand.

I am pretty sure the ANH Leia (1:6) will creep up for second chance. I'll just use my gift card for her (since I cancelled the Ex).

Thanks everyone.

Back