Highlander Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

darkgirl

:gandalf

This is just a question.Which Highlander Figures will anyone be getting,The origins or the one in their street clothes.I might preorder both sets.I don't know yet

I pre-ordered all four the second they were avilable!
I am a huge Highalnder fan and these have been a Looooong time coming!
I just hope they make many, MANY more!!! :rock

We need a Kurgan, Ramirez, Methos, Amanda, Joe Dawson, tons of variations of Connor and Duncan and many others!

Me too, I preordered all as soon as they became available. Believe or not, my wife is a big highlander fan so it wasn't very hard to justify these orders.

I preordered three of them, and I might go after the fourth one. I'm really only a fan of the first two movies and not the series.
I'd love to see a full armor Origins Kurgan, Modern Day Kurgan, and a Ramirez. Not sure if I'm interested in any others.

I have to say Ididnt really like those movies, and i was told not to watch "the quickening" as it ruined the series making them aliens or something? but the street figures i really like!

The first and Fourth (End Game) are the best....they're all you need.....those coupled with the series (Which REALLY got strong by the fourth season - of six total) is what Highlander really has become about!

So, films 1 & 4 (And hopefully this new one coming out next year)
Plus the series, particularly seasons 4, 5 and 6....That's the stuff to watch!

I have to wait till I recover from the Con. I'm still not liking the first set, going by the pics, but the origins are looking killer. I will definitely get the Origin Connor for a starter.

Release Date

Does anyone know when the street clothes figures will be out exactly.I know it is in August so it is probably gonna be a few weeks.I already preordered the origins highlander.I just want to know when the modern Highlander Figures exactly come out.I want to preorder them,but I just want to make sure so I will know if I have enough money in my account to get them when they come out

Re: Release Date

Darkgirl, of coure this is not a definitive answer, but the first highlander figures were not listed in the coming in the next 30 days section of the latest newsletter. That is usually a safe bet that they are still further down the pike, which means probably Sept at the earliest.

SS will usually send email notices that the figures are scheduled to arrived 21 days out and again at about 7-8 days out. If you order, get the notice and aren't going to have the money at that time you can always go into your account and cancel. That is if you are planning on ordering directly from SS.

The only one I'd get is the Kurgan! :evil

I think I'd prefer him is his leathers and shaved head! :drool

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

I think he's just saying if they made one...So movies 2 and 3 are no good? I normally only see one and two on dvd, are the others rare?

I must admit that I have only seen the first and second Highlander movies and didn't ever watch the TV show :eek: But I do love my men in kilts, therefore I tend to really enjoy the new Origins Highlander figs :rollin

None of the movies are great although the first one is the best by far. I've only seen the others one time each so I can't say which is worse.

I've tried to get into the TV show, even bought S. 1 on DVD, but just couldn't get into it.

But the concept behind the whole universe is very cool and I'll be buying everything they put out, even if I don't recognize the character.

I've always been interested in seeing the original US cut of the film! Sounds like they cut so much out of it that I can't see it making any sence!

Did they remove all of the Scottish/flash back bits?

Oh, I meant if Sideshow did a Kurgan, then that would be the one for me! :hat

Psycho C :balrog

But I do love my men in kilts, therefore I tend to really enjoy the new Origins Highlander figs

So will they have underware on or will they be 100% Scottish? :naughty

:puke

:lol

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

I don't think the US cut is any different from other cuts on the first film. It certainly had a lot of flashbacks. Flashbacks are what Highlander in any form is all about.

I wasn't too sure. It was only when I got Highlander in DVD from the US ages ago and it was listed as a Directors Cut but ended up being the same as the version I'd seen in the UK on VHS.

I think in the commentary he mentioned about the cut scenes... maybe it was just for the cinema release but I'm sure he said they removed all the flash back scenes. I could be wrong though.

Love the first film! :balrog

PC :balrog

Well, I just ordered the 4th film. The third film seems to be rare as no online stores have it..

RE:

The US theatrical release did not have the flashback to WWII where Connor saves young Rachel. Some foreign releases did. I know Japan's release had it, because I picked up a bootleg videotape of that version in the early 90s.

I'll be getting all 4 Highlander dolls announced. I'll definitely buy a Ramirez figure if Sideshow offers it. If SS makes them, I'll also buy some of the TV characters (Joe, Amanda, Richie, Methos), assuming the likenesses are good.

Back