Kotobukiya Ep3 Obi-Wan Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a great deal of experience with Kotobukiya; Darth Maul is the only piece I owned until this one. In comparisson to Maul, Maul feels very plastic and light and, almost cheap for what it cost, but it's sculpted and posed beautifully so you look pase it. Obi-Wan is made of some nice, heavy material, the pose is the infamous Matrix inspired 2 finger point stance. The overall is a great piece, his eyebrows are painted a bit thin so I'll probably touch them up a little bit, and his face isn't a perfect Ewan sculpt, but overall it's a great piece. The packaging is the same as Sideshow and Gentle Giant's 30th Anniversary packaging. I definitely can't wait for the Grievous to go with this piece.

KBOBI1.jpg

KBOBI2.jpg

KBOBI3.jpg

KBOBI4.jpg

KBOBI5.jpg

I kinda look at these like high-end Ultra figures, not necessarily dead on likenesses, but well executed sculpts and compositions.

I forgot to mention, don't know what the most recent Koto's have had for attachment mechanisms on the pieces, but the style on Obi is very nice and holds well, Maul falls apart on me if you tap him the wrong way.

Yikes, how much did you pay for that? Not diggin it one bit, the face looks pretty creepy

Reminds me of those oversized "Applause" vinyl figures that were falling off store shelves back when episode one came out. And those were cheap in comparison.

This one just doesn't do it for me despite MaulFans' superb photography. Am looking forward to seeing how the Grievous comes out...

Stickin' with Sideshow for this scale...

Reminds me of those oversized "Applause" vinyl figures that were falling off store shelves back when episode one came out. And those were cheap in comparison.

This one just doesn't do it for me despite MaulFans' superb photography. Am looking forward to seeing how the Grievous comes out...

Stickin' with Sideshow for this scale...

Just to point out, these are 1/7, they are close but it's not a full 12 inch figure size.

The positive is, the piece is exactly like the proto so there were no surprises. Like I said, it's not a fabulous Ewan, and it has it downsides, but I'm a big Obi-Wan fan, especially ROTS, and I'm happy to have this piece. As for the Applaus items you mention, those were nice, surprisingly under appreciate in my mind, I have the Maul and Obi-Wan and both are in nice, iconic poses from TPM, Maul is in his infamous desert saber pose from the publicity image that was used everywhere, and Obi-Wan is robed like on the Trade Federation cruiser fighting off Destroyer Droids.

I always did like the Applause Maul figure. And Obi-Wan is one of my faves too but...runnin' outta room!

(Besides I'm holding out hope that Sideshow will present a PF of him from ROTS someday...)

(Besides I'm holding out hope that Sideshow will present a PF of him form ROTS someday...)

Me too! I ran out of room 5 years ago, but that doesn't stop me, Carpe Collectibles, seize the opportunity when it's there I say. There have been times I didn't jump on the chance when I had it, such as Version 1 GG Darth Vader bust, and missed out, fortunately there, i felt the ROTS version was a better pose and got that, but now, if I see something I like, I get it when I know I have the chance and can afford it, it's not worth playing the sales and secondary market game to me because if I'm wrong and it's a huge selling piece and I can never get it without unnecessarily blowing a fortune on it, I'd be upset with myself.

Not feelin the head, but there's not many likenesses Koto captures well, at least for the human fiures. Sure makes me wish SSC had thought to give Obi-Wan a hand like that though. The pose is terrific!

Ya, based on what I've seen, Darth Maul and Darth Vader have been the only portraits that Koto's shown top notch quality with, which makes Grievous likely to be a terrific piece. I wasn't very impressed with ROTS Vader/Anakin they had done, and once I saw the AOTC Obi I was a bit turned away from it, but overally I really like this piece and when you have it displayed and aren't looking at it closely, the facial flaws fade out and it's just a nice sculpture, and like I said before, it's just like the proto so there's no shock or anything with what I got.

Not feelin the head, but there's not many likenesses Koto captures well, at least for the human fiures. Sure makes me wish SSC had thought to give Obi-Wan a hand like that though. The pose is terrific!

You know you are right, SSC should've made a hand like that!!! I'm surprised nobodys done a SSC custom job on one of those extra hands.

...who says they haven't? ;)

I just havent taken any pics of it. I still use a regular normal hand... when I get bored with the Anakin/Obi-Wan display I have I'll probably change it out for that Obi-Wan pose

...who says they haven't? ;)

I just havent taken any pics of it. I still use a regular normal hand... when I get bored with the Anakin/Obi-Wan display I have I'll probably change it out for that Obi-Wan pose

Cool!!!!! Post up Darren, aren't you bored yet?!?!? :D Would love to see Sideshow Obi in that pose. Also, was it difficult to redo Obi's hand?

Back