The Dead is here!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oxbeard

Patient Zero just arrived. Haven't freed him yet, will try to take pics when I do later this evening. Was intrigued by the different type of box though. No flap to open like the other figures. This one is a box in a sleeve with biohazard stickers on both sides at the top and bottom of the box. The outer sleeve is white with a bloody hand print on the front. Once the seals are broken the inner box can be slid out and is found to be a window box and has the same bloody hand print graphic on the box and window. The figure is not very well visible through the window however.

That's as far as I have made it so far. Will get him out and set up sometime this evening and try to pics as well.

Mine will be here Friday! :banana
I'm not sure if I'll be opening it, I've seen pictures of the box art and I'm liking it more in the box then out of it. I have to wait and see this one in person to know if I'll open it.

You have to open him up! I just opened mine last night. The white box with the biohazard stickers is hilarious, but he's even better out of the box. The paint job is excellent and their something of a luminous quality to his eyes that is very creepy. I have him taking a bite out of the enclosed arm and it looks very cool. I've never been a big zombie fan, but Patient 0 is great. There's also a 1/6 newspaper enclosed - the Sideshow Gazette - excellent accessory.

Sounds good. If there is no way to see the figure in the slip case with out cutting tape, I just might have to go all the way and open him up.
For those that haven't seen pictures of this one yet, there is a review with pictures here:
www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=15429

And one for the Ultimate Hellboy here:
www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=15430

Edit:
I got this one earlier today! The head sculpt is very well done. It's just the right size and has a flesh pulling away from the bone look to it. The paint job is exceptionally well done. And I love the packaging. I haven't fully taken it out of the box, because they tapped the twisties to the back of the cardboard again, and I'm not sure if I want to destroy the packaging. But I would have liked him to come with a few more accessories. like maybe some more body parts or even a whole other figure, severed at the torso, that would've been so cool!

just got mine in about 5min ago.
after noticing the stickers on all corners of the slip case I decided to check out ebay pricing. $125 for some already. wow.
no way I'll be able to keep this thing in the box though.

anybody out there have any idea on the future for this line?
as in when the next Dead will walk the Sideshow site?

I opened mine up the other day, he is great, but I do wish he came with more accessories. the paint used for blood on his hands looks very realistic, but the paint on his lunch doesn't look as good. I'm also wondering how this guy died? there is a big gouge in his neck that I suspect could be the reason, but I'm not sure. He also has what looks like bullet holes in his shirt but no corresponding marks on his chest or back.
:dunno

Nevermind, I got my shipping notice tonight. Funny though. I got a notice for P0, SDCC Luke and Exl.Oz but not SDCC Warewolf Oz or the Rohirrim Bust? I would have figured all the SDCC stuff would ship at the same time. :dunno

:gandalf I 've seen it and it does look cool.I'am scared of zombies and can't even watch Dawn of the Dead.I'am trying to get pass that,but anyway It is the coolest looking zombie figure I have seen.I kinda knew it was going to sell out.

WOW!! thats looks WAY better than the protos, GOD that perfect lookin! man if only i had got it intime!

Great review! I didn't know Dooley based Patient Zero off himself. I wonder if they will base future zombies off of other sideshow employees. How cool would it be if Sideshow ran a contest and the winner got to be made into the next zombie figure? They would just have to send in a photo of themselves and a winner is drawn randomly. They should also receive the figure free as an additional prize. ;)

Wow! I'm so glad for the positive response of "Patient Zero"!
I put that guy together from scratch. Sculpting, molding, paint and fabrication. And SSQ did a fantastic job on the packaging and the newspaper accessory! Thanks for the great review bborst. That was an important one for me. Sorry to everyone that wanted one, but couldn't get him. When you put something out that's experimental it's better to go small. I know you guys want to know more about "The Dead". And I can neither confirm nor deny anything at this time. Sorry, but I have to comply with the rules over here. All I can say is you'll know soon enough!
Enjoy :rock
Dooley

More on the way! Cool! I can't wait to see the Zombie version of Tom Gilliland! :lol

I remember the pic of Mat choking Brian from the Funtacular. Looks like Mat succeded, if the Zombie was fashioned after Brian. So Mat who ya going to choke next? I'd beware if I was you Andy. Has anyone been asking you for a scan, of late? Well, just be careful, things are looking weird from where I sit.

Back