PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of a Premium Format ILLYRIA?

willowswarlok
07-08-2007, 03:46 AM
OK, don't get me wrong. There are plenty of character that deserve the PF treatment, like Willow, Faith etc. BUT if I could choose the next figure to be made as a Premium Format. It would have to be Illyria. DST made an excellent head sculpt that was ruined by the paintjob, but the sculpt is great, so they could use that data.

I just think that an Illyria in this scale would be immensly awesome. Can you imagine the Leather suit, in this scale, the detail that could be added.

She could be in a regular pose or in a pose with 2 swords, from her fight with Angel and Spike?

SO, realistically, I ask everyone, what are the odds of us ever seeing an Illyria Premium Format figure?
Wayne

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/i/illyria1.jpg

sueworld
07-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Pretty damn slim I believe.

I know they didn't even want to do her as a 12" figure, let alone a PF. Part of their excuse was that the costume would be too expensive to recreate.

Also she was barely in the show, so I'm not sure how popular she'd really be as far as asking people to fork out such a large amount of money for her.

Viking28
07-08-2007, 03:52 AM
Extremely unlikely.

BDboystoys
07-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Actually I'd say shes be a fantastic candidate for PF. Illyria was one of my favourite characters on the show, and a fan favourite, and the Premium Format line lets SS portray her realisticly, as 12" would be rather hard to do with the intricate costume. The character design also looks awesome, and could pull buyers perhaps.
I definitely think its a possibility, but we really dont know whats in store with this line.
Illyria and Faith would be two Im vouching for along with Spike, Buffy and Angel. After than I'm not so sure. Dark Willow perhaps? Not only do they need to choose characters that are popular, but they have to be ones that are visually striking and not just a high school student in PF form for example.

olvidadero
07-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Faith and Willow are more likely to happen, that's for sure. As someone said, Sideshow said that making a 12 inch Illyria would be an extremely difficult task, especially because of the costume. I think that if they used the same fabric and technique as they used in the Medicom X3 Wolverine, it would be a success.

A PF Illyria would be such a dream come true, but sincerely, I'd prefer 1/6 Wesley, Fred and Gunn and PF Willow.

Viking28
07-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Actually I'd say shes be a fantastic candidate for PF. Illyria was one of my favourite characters on the show, and a fan favourite, and the Premium Format line lets SS portray her realisticly, as 12" would be rather hard to do with the intricate costume. The character design also looks awesome, and could pull buyers perhaps.
I definitely think its a possibility, but we really dont know whats in store with this line.

Well.....exclusive Spike hasn't sold out yet just now seeing Angel....yea I don't think we will see her in the PF line. Would look cool, but maybe 10 years from now.

alphatyrant
07-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Ummm....sod all?

Darklord Dave
07-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I think a PF Illyria is a real possibility. The Star Trek line was dead, but they still made 7 of 9.

Fans might protest if we got Illyria and not Willow, but I definitely would like to see her made.

Viking28
07-08-2007, 12:24 PM
O I can see her made but the chance of it... I don't think is likely. 7 of 9 that had a little more cross appeal to other collectors instead of just the Star Trek fans. But you have a little more insight than I do..so lets hope.

fierceangel
07-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I believe if we champion this figure then it could actually happen. The DST release sold VERY well I believe, I have one and it is a fantastic figure, and the one-shot comic did well too. Plus throw into the equasion that this would be one sexy figure.

I am sure I read somewhere that they couldn't make a 12" version but it would be more realistic as a PF figure - so they have at least considered it. The costume shouldn't be too hard to make in this scale. The awkward bits can be sculpted, and the leather bits can be real leather for an authentic look.

I'm not sure if Sideshow have to have a minimum number of figures to make a profit, if not then they could make this a SC exclusive (like D'Hoffryn) and limit it to around 100 pieces, or set the number according to pre-orders?

Would love to have an Illyria PF!

olvidadero
07-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I believe if we champion this figure then it could actually happen. The DST release sold VERY well I believe, I have one and it is a fantastic figure, and the one-shot comic did well too. Plus throw into the equasion that this would be one sexy figure.

Shells Illyria is hard to find, and sometimes it reeaches high prices, it's a most valued Diamond figure. The regular Illyria is one of the best figures they've released, if not the best. I bet a PF would be that successful.

ffl1940
07-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Whether a PF would be successful or not, or whether it's a good choice or not, I don't think the chances are any good at all.

Based not on what I want to see, or what I think would sell well, but purely on what I think is mostly likely to be made I weighed all the possibilities and then pulled this out of my :sancho

Dark Willow 50%
Illyria 10%
one of The Gentlemen 20%
and (the field, meaning any other figure from the Buffy-verse at 5%)

This is assuming that there is any life left in a Buffy PF line beyond Buffy Angel and Spike.

black cat
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
yeah please don't produce this as a PF or anything and if it's decided that it will be made which it wont be then she should be made last. Others like Faith deserve the PF more

olvidadero
07-09-2007, 02:04 AM
I don't think a Gentleman would stand any chance at all. Before seeing a Gentleman, we would see either Willow, Faith, Chosen Buffy or Illyria.

BDboystoys
07-09-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't think a Gentleman would stand any chance at all. Before seeing a Gentleman, we would see either Willow, Faith, Chosen Buffy or Illyria.

I would have to agree. I LOVE the Gentlemen but I don't think I could ever see myself buying a monster of the week character (No matter how great) in the PF format. I would have to reserve that for my favourite cast characters.
Still thats just me, and I have major space issues:monkey5

olvidadero
07-09-2007, 02:57 AM
I just 'asked Sideshow' what are the chances of a new PF statue, and especially a PF Willow or Illyria. Maybe if we all do the same thing we will get an answer...or something.

BDboystoys
07-09-2007, 03:03 AM
I just 'asked Sideshow' what are the chances of a new PF statue, and especially a PF Willow or Illyria. Maybe if we all do the same thing we will get an answer...or something.

The regular answer to questions regarding upcoming products are usually pretty vague and indecisive, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!:D
SS did state they wanted to focus on the Buffy PF line so I would presume there's more coming beyond the Angel/Buffy/Spike releases.

Slayerverse98
07-09-2007, 03:45 AM
I think Illyria would make a wicked PF but i can't see her being made since the Angel line is on hold. I'd really like a Dark Willow, human Willow, vampire Willow, and The Gift Buffy/Chosen Buffy

fierceangel
07-09-2007, 03:49 AM
yeah please don't produce this as a PF or anything and if it's decided that it will be made which it wont be then she should be made last. Others like Faith deserve the PF more

That is such a selfish attitude. Just because you don't want one doesn't mean it shouldn't be made at all. I'm sure a Faith will be made someday, but it is up to Sideshow to decide when and where they appear in the line.

As for figures I'd love to see in PF format:

Cordelia
Willow
Faith
Drusilla
Giles
Anya
Dawn
Tara
Wesley
Glory
The Master
Adam
Darla

Ok, there are quite a few, lol, and most them are probably not on the radar. But if Sideshow get them just right I'm sure they could do quite well.

black cat
07-09-2007, 05:16 AM
That is such a selfish attitude. Just because you don't want one doesn't mean it shouldn't be made at all. I'm sure a Faith will be made someday, but it is up to Sideshow to decide when and where they appear in the line.

As for figures I'd love to see in PF format:

Cordelia
Willow
Faith
Drusilla
Giles
Anya
Dawn
Tara
Wesley
Glory
The Master
Adam
Darla

Ok, there are quite a few, lol, and most them are probably not on the radar. But if Sideshow get them just right I'm sure they could do quite well.

no it's not selfish at all. I just don't think she should be made and she would not sell well and probably end the line. It's not because I don't want one cause i would probably buy her. She would just end the line due to her not being all that popular.

olvidadero
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
I would definitely buy PF statues of:

Chosen Buffy with scythe
Faith (any Faith will do)
Dark Willow (or any Willow at all)
Illyria
Cordelia The Wish
Wesley S3-5 (Angel)
Darla in period costume with interchangeable heads.

Firefly Flanatic
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I bought every single Buffy/Angel 12" figure (some of them three times so my two daughters could have there own) and I have never bought a PF figure. If they released a PF Illyria that would be the one I would have to buy. I am a member of several Whedon related forums and Illyria was a character that overwhelmingly the fans loved and responded to. So I definitely think this would be a great seller and could help boost the Buffy/Angel line.

BillyBudd
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Assuming that the line won't end with Angel, I think Willow and Faith are the characters that are the most likely to get the PF treatment. However, I'm not sure that's a good assumption to make.

Games&Theory
07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Definitely put me down for an Illyria PF...her look and even otherworldly posture would make for an incredible subject.

But do we know if the license for Angel the TV show extends to PFs? Note the upcoming Angel PF is definitely inspired by the Buffy years (which may explain why he might not seem like the well-remmebered Angel we all saw in the later years). But, not having the Angel license for PFs might make an Illyria a non-starter.

My hopes(!) for this PF line is that SS will alternate between old school Scoobies (Xander, Giles...) and fan favorites that warrant a PF (the treatment they gave Spike being an excellent example but Illyria, Faith, Drusilla/Darla would make for some worthy additions).

Just keep them coming and I'll keep buying them...!
G&T

PS - Can we get PLEASE get a slayer scythe scaled for PFs!!!!

Darklord Dave
07-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, the Angel license covers PFs.

olvidadero
07-10-2007, 02:14 AM
G&T

I'd absolutely love that! And also a Chosen Buffy, Faith or Willow to go with it! ;)

willowswarlok
07-10-2007, 02:19 AM

Yeh, a Chosen Buffy would be awesome. They could just use the body/ head they have already. The pose would look fine, i think it has attitude!

As for the scythe, its a must, also, could it be chrome plated and shiny :lol
The one that faith came with was hard to get and inaccurate.

blue_rogue
07-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I'd like to see Willow and Faith before Illyria, but I'd buy one if they made it. I'm not counting on it, though...

BDboystoys
07-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Im counting on Faith as the next one addition to the line.

Slayerverse98
07-11-2007, 03:25 AM
I think you could be right BDBoysToys. Does anyone know for sure that there will be more PF's? It'd be nice to have a decent looking Faith

BDboystoys
07-11-2007, 04:01 AM
I think you could be right BDBoysToys. Does anyone know for sure that there will be more PF's? It'd be nice to have a decent looking Faith

Nothing for sure, for all we know after Angel its over. But SS did state they wanted to focus on the PF line for Buffy, so I would assume theres more in the pipeline.
If so, Faith would definitely be one of them:D

willowswarlok
07-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Nothing for sure, for all we know after Angel its over. But SS did state they wanted to focus on the PF line for Buffy, so I would assume theres more in the pipeline.
If so, Faith would definitely be one of them:D

If that true, lets just hope they get Faith right this time :rotfl
I would want a willow, but i dont want Dark Willow. As much as i loved Dark Willow, she doesnt sum the character up very well.

Darklord Dave
07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
They said they were going to focus on PFs and then Angel's announced. I think it will depend on how he sells whether there will be any more or not.

blue_rogue
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I really hope there will be a few more. This is my favorite PF line and, really, the only Buffy items I collect.

BuffyGirl
02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I think there is enough interest in Illyria to get her done. I have 0 of the 4 and Buffy is my favorite. But, if they make an Illyria, I am first inline for her. What a beauty she'd be.

Darklord Dave
02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Faith and Willow have been mentioned in public records as being under consideration, but I've been pushing for an Illyria for a long time for a PF.

I think she'd do as well or better than the other ladies.

Firefly Flanatic
02-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Faith and Willow have been mentioned in public records as being under consideration, but I've been pushing for an Illyria for a long time for a PF.

I think she'd do as well or better than the other ladies.

I agree - I've never bought a PF figure before but Illyria is the one that I wouldn't be able to resist (and if they did the Firefly line).

TheObsoleteMan
02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't buy statues anymore, but a PF Illyria looming large in the background with my 12" Angel figures lined up in front of her would be pretty tempting. I'd prefer a 12" figure, but we know that ain't happening.

Oh, if only Hot Toys started making Angel figures...

theguru1
02-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Faith and Willow have been mentioned in public records as being under consideration.

They have? Any pointers to links etc that I've missed about that, since if donw right, those are 2 PF's I'd want.

BuffyGirl
02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
MovieManiacs: The Premium Format now contains the big three from the Buffyverse. Has the line come to an end or might another character (Willow or Faith, perhaps) be released in the Premium Format scale?

Sideshow: The team at Sideshow would love to continue the line, and both Willow and Faith have been discussed. Nothing has been decided yet.

Like: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=mmnews2.setup&category=movies&topic=5&show_article=57

theguru1
02-13-2008, 10:58 PM
ahh, OK. Still, thats almost the same as 1 guy saying to another while getting coffee, "Wouldn't a Willow or Faith PF be neat"

"yeah, if it ever happens...."

Still, better then nothing I guess, here's hoping for something more concret soon.

BuffBuff
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
I guess if these sell well. We will probably see an Illyria. It seems like fans are crazy about her enough.

Do you see a "what about a PF Gunn and such?" noppers. So, let's hope.

Kain's Ancient Blade
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
So when is this happening? LOL. Or has Sideshow killed the PF line?
She truly was the star of season 5. What a great show and character. I remeber how devastated i was with what happened to Fred and cursed Whedon for what he did. But by the end that had all changed.

Chapter 2099
12-29-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't see it happening, but...I'll take one for sure. I'm pretty open to any of the Buffy/Angel characters in PF form.

Kain's Ancient Blade
12-29-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't see it happening, but...I'll take one for sure. I'm pretty open to any of the Buffy/Angel characters in PF form.

Me too. Even though I don't own any. But I will eventually.

BTW, love your avatar.

Chapter 2099
12-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Me too. Even though I don't own any. But I will eventually.

BTW, love your avatar.

Thanks! :rock

As for the PFs, you can definitely get your hands on some of them for a reasonable price now that the maquettes are coming out. I've got a Spike PF and can't even give it away. :lol You'll probably see many of the PF drop in price soon.

Kain's Ancient Blade
12-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks! :rock

As for the PFs, you can definitely get your hands on some of them for a reasonable price now that the maquettes are coming out. I've got a Spike PF and can't even give it away. :lol You'll probably see many of the PF drop in price soon.

I actually ended up just buying spike on amazon for $100 bucks. I used a gift card I got to get the discount. As for the angel i do want the exclusive version cause I like the vamp face better. Do you really think the prices will start to drop cause of the maquettes?

Chapter 2099
12-29-2010, 07:20 PM
I actually ended up just buying spike on amazon for $100 bucks. I used a gift card I got to get the discount. As for the angel i do want the exclusive version cause I like the vamp face better. Do you really think the prices will start to drop cause of the maquettes?

I think so. I think you'll see a lot more PFs for sale because of the new line, increasing availability on the secondary market. I think the Black Dress Buffy will hold her own, but the others I have a feeling will take a drop in price (for at least a while anyway.)

Colossus
12-30-2010, 06:21 PM
OK, don't get me wrong. There are plenty of character that deserve the PF treatment, like Willow, Faith etc. BUT if I could choose the next figure to be made as a Premium Format. It would have to be Illyria. DST made an excellent head sculpt that was ruined by the paintjob, but the sculpt is great, so they could use that data.

I just think that an Illyria in this scale would be immensly awesome. Can you imagine the Leather suit, in this scale, the detail that could be added.

She could be in a regular pose or in a pose with 2 swords, from her fight with Angel and Spike?

SO, realistically, I ask everyone, what are the odds of us ever seeing an Illyria Premium Format figure?
Wayne

Interesting, For me Personally, I could go in that direction with my Collection

sueworld
01-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Sadly I think the complexity of her costume would make this a very expensive project indeed, unless of course the whole thing was sculpted.

I'd love an Illyria PF, but I can't see it ever happening, even in a much smaller scale. Seems the Angel characters are always less popular with the general public then the Buffyverse ones.

BuffyGirl
01-01-2011, 09:22 AM
I have a good idea, one that wouldn't happen.

Make them to order. So, how many of us on the board want one? 10? Then 10 it is! :yess:

Jmlsuperman
01-01-2011, 09:24 AM

Wayne

Sweet, I took that photo!

F0RSAK3N
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Make them to order. So, how many of us on the board want one? 10? Then 10 it is! :yess:

That is definitely an interesting idea.

Sweet Rabbit
01-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Slim.....lol

ShadowX81
01-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Before they ever do an Illyria (essentially just a reimaginging of Anya that only appeared in 10 episodes) we really need a 1/6 Wesely.

Kain's Ancient Blade
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Before they ever do an Illyria (essentially just a reimaginging of Anya that only appeared in 10 episodes) we really need a 1/6 Wesely.

Illyria or nothing.

Kain's Ancient Blade
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM

I'm on board.

sueworld
01-03-2011, 03:54 AM

Oh I'd love a 1.6th scale Wes! For me he's an absolute must. :yess:

BuffyGirl
01-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Wesley is the man! I just loved his character, his growth. I have a rogue demon hunter shirt and I wear it all the time.

Kain's Ancient Blade
01-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Wesley is the man! I just loved his character, his growth. I have a rogue demon hunter shirt and I wear it all the time.

Wesely did have one of the best progressions from early buffy. He went from dork to cool to harsh badass to tortured soul by the end of Angel.

Trynity
02-03-2011, 10:28 PM

I think when we do your pictures, we'll have to have you wear the shirt for one of them.

buffylover
04-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I would love an edgy Wes look circa season 4/5. Could you imagine a Wes/Illyria 2 pack in 1:6? I know Sideshow did some like that for POTA. I would pay crazy money for that combo!!

sueworld
04-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Yeah, me too. :( I've just got to have ago at sculpting Wesley as least. I so want one! :lol:

Chapter 2099
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Re-watching Angel now. If Sideshow gets back into the PF business (in terms of the Whedonverse,) I wouldn't mind seeing this. I know SS said before that if the new Buffy line takes off, they'll take on Angel pieces as well. So who knows?