What are the chances of a Premium Format ILLYRIA?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
OK, don't get me wrong. There are plenty of character that deserve the PF treatment, like Willow, Faith etc. BUT if I could choose the next figure to be made as a Premium Format. It would have to be Illyria. DST made an excellent head sculpt that was ruined by the paintjob, but the sculpt is great, so they could use that data.

I just think that an Illyria in this scale would be immensly awesome. Can you imagine the Leather suit, in this scale, the detail that could be added.

She could be in a regular pose or in a pose with 2 swords, from her fight with Angel and Spike?

SO, realistically, I ask everyone, what are the odds of us ever seeing an Illyria Premium Format figure?
Wayne

illyria1.jpg

Pretty damn slim I believe.

I know they didn't even want to do her as a 12" figure, let alone a PF. Part of their excuse was that the costume would be too expensive to recreate.

Also she was barely in the show, so I'm not sure how popular she'd really be as far as asking people to fork out such a large amount of money for her.

Actually I'd say shes be a fantastic candidate for PF. Illyria was one of my favourite characters on the show, and a fan favourite, and the Premium Format line lets SS portray her realisticly, as 12" would be rather hard to do with the intricate costume. The character design also looks awesome, and could pull buyers perhaps.
I definitely think its a possibility, but we really dont know whats in store with this line.
Illyria and Faith would be two Im vouching for along with Spike, Buffy and Angel. After than I'm not so sure. Dark Willow perhaps? Not only do they need to choose characters that are popular, but they have to be ones that are visually striking and not just a high school student in PF form for example.

Faith and Willow are more likely to happen, that's for sure. As someone said, Sideshow said that making a 12 inch Illyria would be an extremely difficult task, especially because of the costume. I think that if they used the same fabric and technique as they used in the Medicom X3 Wolverine, it would be a success.

A PF Illyria would be such a dream come true, but sincerely, I'd prefer 1/6 Wesley, Fred and Gunn and PF Willow.

Last edited:
BDboystoys said:
Actually I'd say shes be a fantastic candidate for PF. Illyria was one of my favourite characters on the show, and a fan favourite, and the Premium Format line lets SS portray her realisticly, as 12" would be rather hard to do with the intricate costume. The character design also looks awesome, and could pull buyers perhaps.
I definitely think its a possibility, but we really dont know whats in store with this line.

Well.....exclusive Spike hasn't sold out yet just now seeing Angel....yea I don't think we will see her in the PF line. Would look cool, but maybe 10 years from now.

I think a PF Illyria is a real possibility. The Star Trek line was dead, but they still made 7 of 9.

Fans might protest if we got Illyria and not Willow, but I definitely would like to see her made.

O I can see her made but the chance of it... I don't think is likely. 7 of 9 that had a little more cross appeal to other collectors instead of just the Star Trek fans. But you have a little more insight than I do..so lets hope.

I believe if we champion this figure then it could actually happen. The DST release sold VERY well I believe, I have one and it is a fantastic figure, and the one-shot comic did well too. Plus throw into the equasion that this would be one sexy figure.

I am sure I read somewhere that they couldn't make a 12" version but it would be more realistic as a PF figure - so they have at least considered it. The costume shouldn't be too hard to make in this scale. The awkward bits can be sculpted, and the leather bits can be real leather for an authentic look.

I'm not sure if Sideshow have to have a minimum number of figures to make a profit, if not then they could make this a SC exclusive (like D'Hoffryn) and limit it to around 100 pieces, or set the number according to pre-orders?

Would love to have an Illyria PF!

fierceangel said:
I believe if we champion this figure then it could actually happen. The DST release sold VERY well I believe, I have one and it is a fantastic figure, and the one-shot comic did well too. Plus throw into the equasion that this would be one sexy figure.

Shells Illyria is hard to find, and sometimes it reeaches high prices, it's a most valued Diamond figure. The regular Illyria is one of the best figures they've released, if not the best. I bet a PF would be that successful.

Whether a PF would be successful or not, or whether it's a good choice or not, I don't think the chances are any good at all.

Based not on what I want to see, or what I think would sell well, but purely on what I think is mostly likely to be made I weighed all the possibilities and then pulled this out of my :sancho

Dark Willow 50%
Illyria 10%
one of The Gentlemen 20%
and (the field, meaning any other figure from the Buffy-verse at 5%)

This is assuming that there is any life left in a Buffy PF line beyond Buffy Angel and Spike.

yeah please don't produce this as a PF or anything and if it's decided that it will be made which it wont be then she should be made last. Others like Faith deserve the PF more

I don't think a Gentleman would stand any chance at all. Before seeing a Gentleman, we would see either Willow, Faith, Chosen Buffy or Illyria.

I don't think a Gentleman would stand any chance at all. Before seeing a Gentleman, we would see either Willow, Faith, Chosen Buffy or Illyria.

I would have to agree. I LOVE the Gentlemen but I don't think I could ever see myself buying a monster of the week character (No matter how great) in the PF format. I would have to reserve that for my favourite cast characters.
Still thats just me, and I have major space issues:monkey5

I just 'asked Sideshow' what are the chances of a new PF statue, and especially a PF Willow or Illyria. Maybe if we all do the same thing we will get an answer...or something.

I just 'asked Sideshow' what are the chances of a new PF statue, and especially a PF Willow or Illyria. Maybe if we all do the same thing we will get an answer...or something.

The regular answer to questions regarding upcoming products are usually pretty vague and indecisive, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!:D
SS did state they wanted to focus on the Buffy PF line so I would presume there's more coming beyond the Angel/Buffy/Spike releases.

I think Illyria would make a wicked PF but i can't see her being made since the Angel line is on hold. I'd really like a Dark Willow, human Willow, vampire Willow, and The Gift Buffy/Chosen Buffy

yeah please don't produce this as a PF or anything and if it's decided that it will be made which it wont be then she should be made last. Others like Faith deserve the PF more

That is such a selfish attitude. Just because you don't want one doesn't mean it shouldn't be made at all. I'm sure a Faith will be made someday, but it is up to Sideshow to decide when and where they appear in the line.

As for figures I'd love to see in PF format:

Cordelia
Willow
Faith
Drusilla
Giles
Anya
Dawn
Tara
Wesley
Glory
The Master
Adam
Darla

Ok, there are quite a few, lol, and most them are probably not on the radar. But if Sideshow get them just right I'm sure they could do quite well.

That is such a selfish attitude. Just because you don't want one doesn't mean it shouldn't be made at all. I'm sure a Faith will be made someday, but it is up to Sideshow to decide when and where they appear in the line.

As for figures I'd love to see in PF format:

Cordelia
Willow
Faith
Drusilla
Giles
Anya
Dawn
Tara
Wesley
Glory
The Master
Adam
Darla

Ok, there are quite a few, lol, and most them are probably not on the radar. But if Sideshow get them just right I'm sure they could do quite well.

no it's not selfish at all. I just don't think she should be made and she would not sell well and probably end the line. It's not because I don't want one cause i would probably buy her. She would just end the line due to her not being all that popular.

Back