MaulFan's Collectibles Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, finally getting together a thread dedicated to what's made me fairly known around these parts. I've done lots of photos and things, so I'm going to keep this area for the best of the best. This will include photographs as well as computer generated images using collectibles.

First off, my latest score and one of my favorite pieces to photograph, Hot Toys Aliens Warrior.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And here's one shot, that I really like, of Hot Toys' Alien vs. Predator Alien Warrior figure.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Next up, some various images I did for pixletwin of his customized Ghost Anakin figure representing the Hayden Christensen spirite digitally added to Return of the Jedi in 2004. Visit his thread 1/6 Ghost Anakin for all the details on this project of his, very impressive stuff.

AS18.jpg

AS1.jpg

AS11.jpg

AS4.jpg

Now for some of the Star Wars film stills I've done that I'm most happy with and proud of.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Josh, and thanks Cap! Cap, we can discuss things when Les is done with him.

I'm hoping to get into doing the more creative images soon, but as you can see, there was both a short ammount of available figures/collectibles, and character passion in my work. The big factor in not doing so much of late is that fact that between Sideshow's Star Wars, LOTR and Terminator and JAWS lines, Hot Toys Rocky, Rambo and Aliens lines, and Medicom's Star Wars and Marvel offerings, my collection has grown leaps in bound over the last year of collecting, and sometimes it's a bit overwhelming because I try to enjoy all of them, but it's a lot. My collection is probably around 25-30 high end 1/6 figures now, and growing with lots of great stuff coming soon with HT Rambo 3, Sideshow Asajj and Boussh, Medicom Boba Fett, great times for a collector, but a large pile for an artist who also has a full time job that keeps me out of my house til 6 at night every day, and is also involved in business outside of my primary job. I'm sure Josh and the other customizers fully understand the point where you get so caught up in things, sometimes the enjoyment gets lost.

those are awesome!!!!!

what software do you use??

i'm completely in awe....

Thanks. I do all of my work that I post here in Photoshop and Apple's Aperture digital photo software. Some of those images are untouched photos I just shot, some are clearly composites or adjusted images.

Maulfan, your creative-images are the best advertising Sideshow could get.
Hope some day you this with Universal monsters and Bond.

Maulfan, your creative-images are the best advertising Sideshow could get.
Hope some day you this with Universal monsters and Bond.

Sorry, the only Sideshow properties I own at the moment are Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Terminator, and I've never actually seen a James Bond movie in my life, but maybe if Sideshow asks me to do something with their other properties you may see something.

Ok, here are a few untouched, pure photographs I made with Hasbro's Unleashed Turnarounds Optimus Prime from the Transformers movie.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, dug up some older pieces that I had to burn off my hard drive for storage.

First up, some T2 images I did with Sideshow's figures.

Sarah snipers Miles Dyson.
1.jpg

T-1000's shot.
1.jpg

Classic T2 Promo
1.jpg

Creative image of T-800 driving at night.
2.jpg

Last edited:
Missed these when I was gathering my Star Wars stills, here's my pal The Hutt :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
And finally, here are some reproductions of ROTS promotional images using Sideshow's figures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Back