Best Transformer toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've never been into Transformers, I always thought it was a pretty lame concept and I thought the designs looked awful. But after seeing the movie the designs have grown on me. But I went looking online for Transformers that looked like their movie counterparts and also transformed, and aside from the Ultimate Bumble Bee, there doesn't seem to be anything out there?

Am I missing them?

I'm on the same quest Dave. I bought Hasbro's 10" Optimus Prime, and while a great figure and close to his look, for the ability of a toy to transform, they sacrificed some of the film design. Ultimately, I care most about Finding an Optimus Prime that looks just like the screen Prime, and I hope someone will make it if they haven't yet, but if one comes out of Hasbro, it'll have to be a specialty figure like the 20th Anniversary Prime figure.

If you are just looking for toys, I know I saw a bunch at Wal Mart.

The "Leader class" Optimus Prime is a pretty good rendition of the movie Optimus.

In case you didn't know,Hasbro divides their TF toys into "classes" and gives them little spiffy names...these classes share the same price point.For example..the two Leader Class figures out are Optimus Prime and Megatron...they will be joined by Black-out soon as well.Voyager class figures are Starscream,Ratchet,and Ironhide...and then there's the Deluxe which are Bumblebee,Scorponok and a few others.If there's any TF fans who know more about it than me then please speak up.

I picked up the Target Exclusive "Robo-Vision" Optimus Prime which is the upcoming Voyager (around ~$20) Class version of Optimus Prime that hasn't been released yet.The difference between this version and the normal one is that the Target version has some part painted a more silver,metallic color. He does transform as well.

He's pretty cool for his price point and in terms of design...nevertheless...the Leader Class Optimus is pretty cool-looking as well.

Link to Target Prime: https://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products/Detail&product_id=20116

Cool looking and nice a toy as this is:
811081eba74f_a400.jpg

Dave and myself, and I'm sure others, are looking for a toy that looks just like this:
Transformers-movie-12.jpg

hopefully Takara(Masterpiece) and Hasbro have been working on Optimus and Megs from the movie. i know the MP G1 Megatron took them like 3 years to go from concept to final production. One would think they would have had the ones from the movies in the works to put them out during the optimal selling window...which is right now but I haven't heard anything.

to produce one that looks like the pic above in robot form and also has the correct big rig truck form would take some time.

That's the hope that Takara and Hasbro are working on a Masterpiece version of movie Prime...that would be really great.

As much as right now would be a great selling window, and as much as the large, high quality, $80 figures are more for collectors, they are still at heart toys, and believe, you're going to see an onslaught of Transformers toys come November for Christmas shopping season, and I'll be some convenient DVD releases too. Neither of which will break my heart and will satisfy me, but it's just a fact of marketing subject matter such as this.

My mind changed. I remember loving them as a kid, but I haven't had anything to do with them since, and now I'm like a kid again. I bought a movie prime, I ordered Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Prime tonight, I won the G1 Prime remake figure off eBay tonight, I'm saturating myself with Optimus merch, which is why, like Dave, I'm hoping for a film accurrate version, it's such a nice design.

I could see my mind changing if I like the movie enough...it has happened before. Hopefully it won't though...I can't afford any more toys. :lol

The only Movie Prime figure I have seen is the tiny die cast from Hasbro

MaulFan said:
Cool looking and nice a toy as this is:
811081eba74f_a400.jpg

Dave and myself, and I'm sure others, are looking for a toy that looks just like this:
Transformers-movie-12.jpg

That's what im saying, those Hasbro toys or whatever at walmart just looks way too dumbed down.

I dont think any figure or toy can replicate the intricate designs of the movie models. Only a statue can.

nash said:
That's what im saying, those Hasbro toys or whatever at walmart just looks way too dumbed down.

I dont think any figure or toy can replicate the intricate designs of the movie models. Only a statue can.

I think a toy can duplicate the design, HOWEVER, not while keeping transforming ability, you're not going to make a toy that can form a truck through the magic CGI can. If you even watch the transformations on screen, they go from such huge robots to small vehicles in some cases, so there's definite movie magic there, so just make a transformed prime in his Autobot state that looks just like the film design, give it some articulation and you'll be golden. I'm sure many could care less about folding him into the truck and just want his Autobot appearance, and if you want to make him a truck, get the figure I posted, it's still a cool figure of him, and nice to have transforming ability, but to do that they had to change his look. I wish it had come with his sword feature too, that was badass.

Im just going to order the MP04 already. twist my arm why dont ya. :rotfl

bye bye $222

nash said:
Im just going to order the MP04 already. twist my arm why dont ya. :rotfl

bye bye $222

The MP04 Prime is the best, peroid.

$200 well spent.

I still need to get me one.

I figure i can always sell the trailer later on if it doesnt do anything for me, since the current trailer that is sold separately sucks and doesnt even open up.

nash said:
I figure i can always sell the trailer later on if it doesnt do anything for me, since the current trailer that is sold separately sucks and doesnt even open up.

True, someone who is only able to find an MP01 would go for the trailer I'm sure.

Back