Electric Tiki Buffy Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead15

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just noticed on Electric Tiki's website that they have a teaser pic of some items that will premiere at Sideshow's SDCC booth including the Buffy maquette.

Looks good from the very small teaser. :chew

summer-udpate-pic.jpg

I'm not keen either. Even in cartoon terms, I can't say that looks even remotely like Buffy.

Perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but this appears to be a "Once More With Feeling" Buffy. As I said over at BtVSFigs, I would have much preferred a "Welcome to the Hellmouth," "Prophecy Girl," or "Chosen" Buffy. OMWF is not a very important episode from the show. Also, while I liked OMWF, I think it's overrated. But who knows...maybe this isn't a OMWF Buffy.

BillyBudd said:
Perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but this appears to be a "Once More With Feeling" Buffy. As I said over at BtVSFigs, I would have much preferred a "Welcome to the Hellmouth," "Prophecy Girl," or "Chosen" Buffy. OMWF is not a very important episode from the show. Also, while I liked OMWF, I think it's overrated. But who knows...maybe this isn't a OMWF Buffy.

I think OMWF is just as important as those. The plot device of song though their emotions opened itself for the characters to sing exactly what they felt, which was a very important part of the season and for the characters. The lyrics alone:D

I think it looks cool. Is there a place for it in my collection? I don't know. Would love to see the final product though before making my decision.

i wouldn't have known it was supposed to be buffy if you guys hadn't said so -- is it based on something or just kinda blue sky? and she is kinda 50's pin-up perky, which certainly doesn't fit the character imo-- ah well, not my cup of tea at any rate

BDboystoys said:
I think OMWF is just as important as those. The plot device of song though their emotions opened itself for the characters to sing exactly what they felt, which was a very important part of the season and for the characters. The lyrics alone:D

OMWF is a very popular mid-season episode (right up there with "Hush"), but it's not essential to the chronology of the show. It's more of a stand-alone episode. Sure, the episode offered some insights into the characters, but nothing really significant happened.

BillyBudd said:
OMWF is a very popular mid-season episode (right up there with "Hush"), but it's not essential to the chronology of the show. It's more of a stand-alone episode. Sure, the episode offered some insights into the characters, but nothing really significant happened.

Didn't Giles decide to leave and Tara break up with Willow? Buffy finally saw that Spike cared for her?

I didn't say that nothing happened during the episode. I said nothing really important happened. To answer your questions...

- Tara broke up with Willow during the next episode, Tabula Rasa
- I can't remember when Giles officially decided to leave or told Buffy about the decision
- Yeah, OMWF ended with that kiss between Spike and Buffy

Last edited:
Two things to remember here: 1. the maquette is not episode specific and 2. It's a tooned-up maquette so it won't look exactly like SMG.

The "50's pin-up perky" style as was stated earlier is just Tracy Lee's, the artist of this piece and owner of Electric Tiki, style. All of her drawings have that "50's pin-up perky" style.

Bonehead15 said:
Two things to remember here: 1. the maquette is not episode specific and 2. It's a tooned-up maquette so it won't look exactly like SMG.

The "50's pin-up perky" style as was stated earlier is just Tracy Lee's, the artist of this piece and owner of Electric Tiki, style. All of her drawings have that "50's pin-up perky" style.

You could be correct with that first point, but I figured that the statues were going to be episode-specific given that the vast majority of the people (just about everyone actually) who responded to Electric Tiki's poll stated that they would prefer episode-specific statues. Also, for some reason, I thought that Tracy is a guy. :confused:

Last edited:
Looks more like a busty Sabrina the teenage witch (the cartoon). I'm not in love with what I can see, but I'll probably end up buying the piece :)

BillyBudd said:
Also, for some reason, I thought that Tracy is a guy. :confused:

You're correct. I was typing so fast that I just f'up. :eek:

I've even met him at a Con once before Electric Tiki started.

Back