The Official "Dude in a Suit" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
In Honor of the great ThreadMaster Wor-Gar I hearby propose this thread The Official

"Dude in a Suit" Thread!

Post pics and chat about your faves and the Sci Fi Classics that spawned them, e.g. "It! The Terror From Beyond Space" was The Alien Grand Daddy IMO.

Can they be Robots too? Hell yeah, metal suits are suits too! Torbor, Robby, etc...

Monsters, Aliens, Robots, Dude in a Suit, dude...

Al right... who can name a Classic Sci Fi 50s film where you could see the zippers on the Martian dudes' suits?

Last edited:
Hint... big Hint...

image21.jpg

My fave is still Godzilla! And I love the Medicom version that really is a dude in a suit! With clothed base-body inside and sculpted neckholes for breathing :rock

ii.jpg

Yeah, no doubt the all-time King of dudes in suits, Medicom did a nice job with that...

then again there is... KONG although only the 70's remake would qualify unless that really crappy one with Linda Hamilton qualifies as a Kong Film much less a film.

Don't forget King Kong Vs Godzilla (1963)! I'd actually love to get a Monkey-suit version from that movie :rock

And another one I know I'll never see an action figure from (especially in 1/6) was the original Swamp Thing:

photo2.jpg

pjam said:
Hint... big Hint...

image21.jpg

"INVADERS FROM MARS"

William Cameron Menzies directed this Classic, one of Spielberg faves but you could see the zippers on the back of the dudes suits... :lol

Last edited:
dekadentdave said:
I saw the dreadful Cannon Films 80's remake with Karen Black.

Yep, that WAS dreadful...

The original IFM inspired quite a few Directors though, although hopelessly hokey by today's standards, it is still considered a classic because the story was far ahead of its time and William Cameron Menzies' conceptualization of it is still considered a brilliant acheivement for its time.

But those dudes in those suits!

"It! The Terror From Beyond Space", another 50s Classic played on Encore this morning out here and was clearly the inspiration for ALIEN. Quite frankly O'Banion ripped much of it off...

and the dude in suit was no exception.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Metaluna Mutant and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Some more classics and ones we can get thanks to Sideshow.

What a great thread!

"Dude in suit" rocks!

I'll have to really think of some good ones. But Predator and Alien are amoung the best modern 'dude in suit' creatures. Now with CGI all that fun is ruined.

Even Terminator has a 'dude in suit' moment -- anyone notice the T-1000 "dude in silver suit" shot when Arnie is fighting him in the factory?

galactiboy said:
Don't forget the Metaluna Mutant and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Some more classics and ones we can get thanks to Sideshow.

Ben Chapman was the dude in the Creature suit I think, wasn't he some kind of swimming dude too?

Ben was the "land" creature, by virtue of being 6'5". Ricou Browning(5'5") was the swimming creature, by virtue of being able to hold his breath for over 4 minutes. Ricou 'swam' the part in all 3 films. The other 2 'land' creatures were Tom Hennesy(Revenge) and Don Megowan(Walks). No, I'm not obsessed...PS

Back