PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

MaulFan
07-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, while I share some of the feelings many of my fellow Pred and Alien freaks had about AVP, I have hope that AVP will be a nice redemption film. To that end, I thought it'd be fun to have a central place to share images, links, news, theories and anything else related to this film.

Film Stills:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/photos/avp2/avp21.jpg

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/photos/avp2/avp22.jpg

Predator-Alien Hybrid Concept Art:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp91.jpg

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp92.jpg

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp93.jpg

p!tu
07-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I have hope for this one to!!!! cant wait!!!!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

bagelsncheesey
07-02-2007, 05:00 AM
I enjoyed the first one, even with the lack of an R rating, so this one will be bada$$!!! Can't wait :rock

p!tu
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I enjoyed the first one, even with the lack of an R rating, so this one will be bada$$!!! Can't wait :rock
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

thundergod
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with the above , AvP was a much maligned film . It was far superior to the diabolical "Alien Resurrection" , but that film doesn't receive a fraction of AvP's criticism .

ZombieReign
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
that hybrid is bada$$! Would love to pick up the eventual Hot Toys figure.

MaulFan
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm taking the hybrid images with a grain of salt, there's no confirmation of it being in the film, let alone what final approved design will be used, I've seen plenty of concept work never surface (those who follow Spider-Man movies will know ala Venom).

bagelsncheesey
07-02-2007, 04:56 PM
really diggin' the photo of the predator holding the alien by the face/neck. the alien really resembles the "aliens" alien, which is my favorite alien design!!

MaulFan
07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
really diggin' the photo of the predator holding the alien by the face/neck. the alien really resembles the "aliens" alien, which is my favorite alien design!!

I agree, I like it better than the smooth dome, but I feel the AVP2 design makes the scale-type pattern to the top of the head a bit too defined, almost makes it looks like a lizard or something different than the Giger design for the aliens.

One thing I am digging and realize now was fairly absent from AVP1 is the glowing yellow eyes of the predator mask, modern technology really makes the glow look sweet.

Grange Wallis
07-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Ummm, since were are all geeks to our our personally suitable degree... Shouldn't this be the Aliens Vs Predator thread... The movie name has been changed! That's right Aliens vs Predator, As in one Predator...solo. Nice tip of the hat to Cameron's Alien movie title...

I'm alot happier about this as you can now say this isn't a sequel to the orginial. I did enjoy it but it was PG-13!

bagelsncheesey
07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Ummm, since were are all geeks to our our personally suitable degree... Shouldn't this be the Aliens Vs Predator thread... The movie name has been changed! That's right Aliens vs Predator, As in one Predator...solo. Nice tip of the hat to Cameron's Alien movie title...

I'm alot happier about this as you can now say this isn't a sequel to the orginial. I did enjoy it but it was PG-13!

One Predator?! Where'd you get this info? Man, I hope theres more than 1 Predator, seeing as "Chopper" and "Celtic" got offed pretty quickly in AVP. I can't see there being only 1 Predator. :confused:

customizerwannabe
07-03-2007, 03:06 PM
As much bad press as AVP 1 received, I still loved it and have seen it probably 20 times.:o Really looking forward to #2

Grange Wallis
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
One Predator?! Where'd you get this info? Man, I hope theres more than 1 Predator, seeing as "Chopper" and "Celtic" got offed pretty quickly in AVP. I can't see there being only 1 Predator. :confused:

Here (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5948), Sorry to burst you bubble:o ... But I think it's the trade-off for the hybird!

MaulFan
07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Granted for a brief time there was more than 1 Predator fighting the Aliens, but there were a multitude of Aliens, it wasn't just one, so to me, there's no point in the title difference unless using cameron's modifications for suit basis and possibly Winston's design for the original Predator and making the title be homage to the films influincing this.

bagelsncheesey
07-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Here (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5948), Sorry to burst you bubble:o ... But I think it's the trade-off for the hybird!

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

:lol Either way, it will still kick ass!! :rock

screamingmetal
07-25-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure where to post this but I really like the new look for the Predator mask:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/SSCgallery1/IMG_8433.JPG
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/SSCgallery1/IMG_8434.JPG
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/SSCgallery1/IMG_8438.JPG

Different enough that I'd love Hot Toys to make one in 1:6 to add to the ones from the first movie.

p!tu
07-25-2007, 05:28 PM
That mask looks ****ing awesome!!!!! i cant wait for this movie!!!

screamingmetal
07-25-2007, 05:29 PM
The new Plasma Cannon:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/SSCgallery1/IMG_8436.JPG

I like this more then the versions from the first AVP movie.

p!tu
07-25-2007, 05:30 PM
That looks way better than the other ones!!! :rock

King Darkness
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
It looks like the mask is gonna be $299.

If so I am so getting one!

Grange Wallis
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
All I'll say is god bless hot toys:
This is the AVP 2 Predator or the Predator!!!
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/SSCmisc/IMG_8580.JPG

p!tu
07-25-2007, 05:56 PM
All I'll say is god bless hot toys:
This is the AVP 2 Predator or the Predator!!!
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/SSCmisc/IMG_8580.JPG

Thats the Elder from Predator 2

Kuzeh
08-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Awesome news...I guess!!
From www.avpgalaxy.net

AvP2 Trailer Status
AvP2 Movie News | Posted by Darkness on 02 Aug 2007 20:41 BST
Both Greg and Colin spoke today about the status of the AvP2 trailer. Greg said on IMDB that they're still sorting out which trailer to use. Colin said here that they will see some new trailers tomorrow. Fox have been testing out different versions and there are two cuts which a lot of people like. They're currently finishing the film off (and adding some new stuff to the movie) so that's their priority.

Greg said that his estimate (of a week or so after Comic-Con) was a little optimistic but they'll be letting everybody know what's happening. I reckon it'll be the middle of next week when we see it. Also, Colin revealed today that there will be two trailers. A green-band one and a red-band one. At the end of the green-band it'll tell you the name of the website where you can watch the red-band version apparently.

abake
08-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Cool, let's keep our fingers crossed for this movie.

MaulFan
08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
http://sdcc.figures.com/data/752/medium/SDCC053.JPG

Given that these toys are known for great accurracy, I have to say, I hope this movie is fun to watch, because as far as staying true to the origins, the design for the warrior is becoming more and more lackluster, this looks like a lizard now, the whole bio-mechanical concept that was Giger's design is so lost now, it's actually quite upsetting that the guys making these suits and designs, who worked on Aliens and know the origins, think they're geniuses for coming up with these new abominations.

PROWL
08-04-2007, 03:25 PM
I agree, ADI has really helped ruin the Alien, it all started with 3 and went down hill from there. they talk about how great the effects in the frist one were and how well they worked in 2, but they don't seem to apply it to their work on the movies after 2.

then there's the whole lizerd thing, Scott and Camron have both described the Alien as being insect like, their bugs damn it! Bugs! Do it right damn it!

bagelsncheesey
08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
either way, the movie is gonna kick ass. it's friggin AVP 2, i'll be there :rock

p!tu
08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
either way, the movie is gonna kick ass. it's friggin AVP 2, i'll be there :rock

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

thundergod
08-05-2007, 05:58 AM
I think that some of the problem is that the designers are somewhat obliged to distance themselves from the designs of Giger due to the fact that he can be quite ,ahem, "difficult" to work with . The producers of the movies already have to pay him for certain design principles but I think any more adherence to his designs would cost more than they are prepared to pay . And before everyone gets on their high horses , this precedent was set with James Cameron and "Aliens" .:rolleyes:
( I'm with Bagelsncheesy and the Man p!tu , one way or another , this movie will ROCK! )

Bardoon
08-05-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm on that bandwagon! Now I know that AvP2 won't be anything close to the work on ALIENS, but I'm not going in there expecting a stellar storyline and characters...I'm going in there expecting some awesome ALIEN VS. PREDATOR action and to be entertained!

PROWL
08-05-2007, 09:50 AM
oh, I'm not saying AVP2 isn't going to kick ass, I mean, it has the f'n Predalien!:rock2

bagelsncheesey
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
oh, I'm not saying AVP2 isn't going to kick ass, I mean, it has the f'n Predalien!:rock2

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

p!tu
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
:rock :rock :rock

FACEBOX
08-05-2007, 08:34 PM
:lurking

FelMar
08-06-2007, 01:28 AM
anybody know what day in December this comes out ?
any teasers yet ??

boba flint
08-06-2007, 05:17 AM
the design for the warrior is becoming more and more lackluster, this looks like a lizard now, the whole bio-mechanical concept that was Giger's design is so lost now,

Maulfan I couldn't agree more. This has been a complaint of mine for years.

p!tu
08-06-2007, 06:23 AM
:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

woodsy
08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, while I share some of the feelings many of my fellow Pred and Alien freaks had about AVP, I have hope that AVP will be a nice redemption film.

Redemption film? That's pretty funny! :rotfl This coming from the movie studio [20th Century Fox] that has given us such classic low budget comicbook adaptations as Daredevil, Electra, FF 1 and 2, and who can forget that memorable piece of drivel.... AVP.

In every case they gave us unknown, unqualified writers and directors, and B-list TV actors. Thus saving themselves a small fortune and increasing their profit margin drastically. But to their credit they targeted 18+ year old males as their audience knowing full well that to this group things like a good story/plot, and good acting/direction aren't important. AVP was so bad the executives at 20th Century refused to allow critics to see it prior to opening day....always a good sign! :lol

So let's see what 20th Century has in store for us now with AVP2. Oh, what a surprise, the cast is comprised of a bunch of no name TV actors, most of which [other than Reiko Aylesworth -Michelle Dessler on 24] I don't even recognize...very promising :lol

Ok, not the best start but let's look at the script writer, Shane Salerno. Hmmm.....not a sinle movie credit to his name , but he does have a handful of TV writing credits to shows I've never heard of...very promising :lol

Finally let's look at the directors, the team of Colin and Greg Strause. Hmmm...lots of special effects credits, and a handful of music video's, but not a single movie director credit between the two of them. Wait, things are looking up, they recently completed a Coca-Cola commercial...very, very promising :rotfl

So here's my prediction for this "redemption" film. We are going to a see film strictly based on special effects and fight scenes [not that these are bad things], but will feature lousy, wooden acting and 2D characters that no one will give a damn about. We'll get a paper thin storyline with holes in it so big you could drive a truck through them, and alot of moronic, infantile dialogue between characters. We'll get a directionless film by a couple of zero experience guys who are so in over their heads it's not even funny.

We'll get a film on Dec. 25th [ if they don't have to do any more script re-writes...they've done 3 already!] where we won't have a chance to read any reviews prior to opening day because there is no way 20 Century is going to release this film to critics ahead of time. Unfortunately, It's also a film that will make 20 Century Fox alot of money because people will insist on throwing their money away and rewarding them for giving us this type of drivel. :rolleyes:

bagelsncheesey
08-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Simmer down now.

I think it's pretty unfair to call something drivel when you haven't even seen a preview. :rolleyes:

Poisonous
08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Would rather prefer they put the effort into a new all Predator movie, but to be honest, it would probably end up being just as bad as AVP. To much money and to many people involved in the license these days imo and that's probably why the first flicks are mostly always the better ones. But hey, what do i know.

That said, AVP had it's moments.

woodsy
08-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Simmer down now.

I think it's pretty unfair to call something drivel when you haven't even seen a preview. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out when a movie studio hires directors and writers with absoulutely no experience, and a bunch of TV actors, that a movie is headed straight down the toilet. That's my prediction and based on everything I've seen so far, I see no reason to change it.

I'd love to be wrong about this, I'd love for this to be a fantastic movie...but I'm also a realist and somehow I seriously doubt it will be. :monkey2

bagelsncheesey
08-06-2007, 09:39 AM
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out when a movie studio hires directors and writers with absoulutely no experience, and a bunch of TV actors, that a movie is headed straight down the toilet. That's my prediction and based on everything I've seen so far, I see no reason to change it.

I'd love to be wrong about this, I'd love for this to be a fantastic movie...but I'm also a realist and somehow I seroiusly doubt it will be. :monkey2

Have faith man :rock

woodsy
08-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Have faith man :rock

Admittedly, that Coke commercial the Strause Bros. did was pretty good! :D

bagelsncheesey
08-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Admittedly, that Coke commercial the Strause Bros. did was pretty good! :D

:lol :lol :lol i concur.

Bardoon
08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I would not get your hopes up too high for this movie. woodsy is actually right with what he says and THUS FAR...the cast & crew on paper DO NOT look impressive one bit.

That being said, the movie will be a big monster brawl-fest and that's what I am expecting.

And 20th Century Fox KNOWS they'll make money out of this movie. AVP was PANNED by critics and even Alien/Predator fans.....BUT...it made a buttload of money from the theater,DVD sales...and that OTHER big cash cow that Lucas loves so much....MOICHINDIEZIN'! (merchandising for those of you with rocks for brains! j/k :) ) AVP has raked up a lot of money on the merchandising front...and plus with the attention on all the other Alien and Predator movies and their products coming out...the BEST sign out of it all is that the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises are ALIVE AND WELL! Sure the movie might be crap, but as long as it makes money and keeps Fox interested in the franchise...then they'll keep putting them out.

But like many of you..I will hold out hope for an all-star cast and crew in ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3 or heck...even an ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 3 or something like that. :monkey5 :monkey3 :rock

BTW - Anyone play the ALIENS vs. Predator 2 game on the PC?That game rocked.

woodsy
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I would not get your hopes up too high for this movie. woodsy is actually right with what he says and THUS FAR...the cast & crew on paper DO NOT look impressive one bit.

That being said, the movie will be a big monster brawl-fest and that's what I am expecting.

And 20th Century Fox KNOWS they'll make money out of this movie. AVP was PANNED by critics and even Alien/Predator fans.....BUT...it made a buttload of money from the theater,DVD sales...and that OTHER big cash cow that Lucas loves so much....MOICHINDIEZIN'! (merchandising for those of you with rocks for brains! j/k :) ) AVP has raked up a lot of money on the merchandising front...and plus with the attention on all the other Alien and Predator movies and their products coming out...the BEST sign out of it all is that the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises are ALIVE AND WELL! Sure the movie might be crap, but as long as it makes money and keeps Fox interested in the franchise...then they'll keep putting them out.

But like many of you..I will hold out hope for an all-star cast and crew in ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3 or heck...even an ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 3 or something like that. :monkey5 :monkey3 :rock

I'm afraid you are absolutely right, they're gonna make a fortune on these franchises. It's a shame [bordering on criminal] they don't take some of that money and re-invest it into the movies. 20th Century Fox expects us to head down to the local theatre and pay full admission price to watch their movies, yet I don't see them putting out 100% when it comes to making them...not even close :monkey2

woodsy
08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I...the BEST sign out of it all is that the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises are ALIVE AND WELL! Sure the movie might be crap, but as long as it makes money and keeps Fox interested in the franchise...then they'll keep putting them out.

You make an interesting point. To me it's a catch 22 situation. As long as Fox keeps making money they will remain interested in making the movies. The problem however, is if we as moviegoers continue to reward Fox for feeding us this crap, they will continue feeding it to us. Does anyone actally believe the quality of these films will improve as long as Fox knows we are going to show up at the theatre no matter what?

Perhaps it might be best for a franchise like AVP to do a "crash and burn", and for Fox to lose interest. It wasn't that long ago that two really successful franchises did just that...Batman and Superman. After a couple of very successful movies apiece these franchises went right down the toilet. The fourth movies of these franchises [Batman and Robin and Superman 4]were so bad they pretty well killed the franchises for a decade or more.

But now both franchises are back and better than ever, and more importantly the studios involved are allocating their resources in a way in ensure they remain successful.

PROWL
08-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Redemption film? That's pretty funny! :rotfl This coming from the movie studio [20th Century Fox] that has given us such classic low budget comicbook adaptations as Daredevil, Electra, FF 1 and 2, and who can forget that memorable piece of drivel.... AVP.

yes but they also gave us Alien, Aliens, Predator, X-men 1&2, and even did their small part to bring us Star Wars.

every studio puts out crap some time or another.

So let's see what 20th Century has in store for us now with AVP2. Oh, what a surprise, the cast is comprised of a bunch of no name TV actors, most of which [other than Reiko Aylesworth -Michelle Dessler on 24] I don't even recognize...very promising :lol

The Alien films are known for using unknown or little known actors, Alien Sigorny weaver's frist film and most of the cast of Aliens were relitive unknowns.

Ok, not the best start but let's look at the script writer, Shane Salerno. Hmmm.....not a sinle movie credit to his name , but he does have a handful of TV writing credits to shows I've never heard of...very promising :lol

there are a lot of shows on TV that people haven't of, having not heard of a show dosn't mean the writghting

Finally let's look at the directors, the team of Colin and Greg Strause. Hmmm...lots of special effects credits, and a handful of music video's, but not a single movie director credit between the two of them. Wait, things are looking up, they recently completed a Coca-Cola commercial...very, very promising :rotfl

two words: David Fincher:lol

So here's my prediction for this "redemption" film. We are going to a see film strictly based on special effects and fight scenes [not that these are bad things], but will feature lousy, wooden acting and 2D characters that no one will give a damn about. We'll get a paper thin storyline with holes in it so big you could drive a truck through them, and alot of moronic, infantile dialogue between characters. We'll get a directionless film by a couple of zero experience guys who are so in over their heads it's not even funny.
We'll get a film on Dec. 25th [ if they don't have to do any more script re-writes...they've done 3 already!] where we won't have a chance to read any reviews prior to opening day because there is no way 20 Century is going to release this film to critics ahead of time. Unfortunately, It's also a film that will make 20 Century Fox alot of money because people will insist on throwing their money away and rewarding them for giving us this type of drivel. :rolleyes:

Alien3 had 12 rewrites!:rolleyes: their still under the limit :lol

they seem to be taking their time with the preview so it's as good as it can be, same thing with the film it self.

only time will tell how good or bad the movie will be.

BTW - Anyone play the ALIENS vs. Predator 2 game on the PC?That game rocked.

only the demo, but it rocked:rock

bagelsncheesey
08-06-2007, 06:52 PM
THIS MOVIE WILL KICK ASS, I'M GLAD I HAVE MY HOPES UP, AND I KNOW A FEW KURGANS WHO THINK THIS MOVIE WILL KICK ASS AS WELL.

THAT IS ALL.

Johnny Utah
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
The PC game is excellent.A great improvement over the first game.The Marine's levels are so wicked,now you have the hacking device,the arc welder and a shoulder lamp.

Kuzeh
08-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Ironically enough, I just got the Aliens vs. Predator 2 game installed on my computer, I never had the chance to play it before because my computer was a first generation G4 and couldn't support the game, but last year I bought a Mac Mini and I completely forgot that I had the game (I got it for 10 box new at a CompUSA 4 years ago...) so I decided to give it at try, I thought it wouldn't work since the Mac Mini has an Intel processor but surprise!! It does work!!

What sucks is that I'm like 5 years late and nobody plays it online anymore...:monkey2

PROWL
08-11-2007, 05:19 PM
At least you have it, I toatly missed out on it, And the cost on e-bay is crazy:monkey2

The Mike
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
My hopes for AsVP isn't that high but then again I enjoyed the first one so what does that say about me :lol

One thing that I DO love are the Predators, I'll definitely get the AsVP one from Hot Toys but what I will order sight unseen is if they offer up the Hybrid Alien....THAT IS AN AWESOME CONCEPT! :rock

Needless to say I'll be there on Christmas Day (my wife is a SciFi/Horror fan too!)

Kuzeh
08-21-2007, 09:06 AM
So seems like it's called:

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

http://avpgalaxy.net/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1187560953&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&

I like it, though it sounds like a a title of a comic book

Kuzeh
08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Apparently, here's the scoop on the trailer (not confirmed yet though):

http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=9031

A scooper by the name of Matt (thx bro) just told us that the people behind ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 2 have come up with a better title than "SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST" or the one I've submitted to their offices countless times - ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: ALIENS VS. PREDATORS. I know, it rocks, but now they're calling it ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM.

The dictionary defines requiem as "a mass for the dead," or "a musical composition in honor of the dead." While the major portion of the AVP fanbase would define requiem as "a stupid title for an Alien vs. Predator movie."

He also gave us the rundown on the preview trailer. Now keep in mind that this is not a "confirmed" source, hence we're not a 100% on this info, take with a grain of salt.

TRAILER DESCRIPTION: It starts with: ‘In space…’Then a shot of what looks like a Predator spaceship on fire, flying towards earth. Then: ‘No one can here you scream’. Then shows the spaceship crashing on earth with the words: ‘On earth, it won’t matter’.

Lots of different quick shots, one of a girl having a nightmare then the dad comes into the room, saying there's no such thing as a bogeyman, and shines a torch on the window of her room, only for a alien/predator hybrid to jump up.

Then there’s shots of what looks like a lab or hospital with face huggers jumping around, an Alien appearing behind a doctor and similar scenes. Then there's lots of shots in the rain, such as an alien jumping on a helicopter and a predator facing off against two aliens. Lastly there’s a montage of face huggers, explosions, aliens and predators all to to the song’ Silent Night, Holy Night’ – and it finishes with: This Christmas!

figuremasterles
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
As long as it's not dull.

I'll be there anyway. Christmas Day! :D
It's got ALIENS and PREDATORS in it!

But, I am wary....

Requiem, huh? I hope it's not REQUIEM for a FRANCHISE! :lol

galactiboy
08-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I do have to admit I like the idea of Predators and Aliens running wild in suburbia... mass carnage, destruction and innocent people getting the shaft :rock :rock

Sachiel
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Why couldn't they just have it on a colony on a different world IN THE FUTURE? :monkey4

I will buy the figures, because they'll be fine on their own.

figuremasterles
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Why couldn't they just have it on a colony on a different world IN THE FUTURE? :monkey4

I will buy the figures, because they'll be fine on their own.

That's true! Both comments! :rock

thundergod
08-22-2007, 03:42 AM
[QUOTE=Sachiel;548190]Why couldn't they just have it on a colony on a different world IN THE FUTURE? :monkey4

Quite simply , COLONY+DIFFERENT WORLD+FUTURE= $$$$$$$$
Although the first AvP didn't cost the earth , it was far from a low budget production but it made money due to D.V.D sales and "back-end" profits. I should imagine the producers want to keep cost down as the "AvP Franchise" is still a relatively high-risk proposition . Apart from the Star Wars movies , "Space set fantasy" doesn't translate to success . Look at "Serenity" and "Chronicles of Riddick", both excellent movies which died at the box office . Setting the movie on Earth in contempary times enables it to be marketed as a straight ahead "Horror Movie" and attract an audience that the "Science- Fiction" tag could possibly put off . Makes sense when you look at it like that .

The Chaver
08-22-2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU
I'm with cameron

Kuzeh
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Well...he should've done an Alien movie instead of Titanic...:rotfl:rotfl

Reinhardt
08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
it's not too late!! C'mon Cameron!!!

abake
08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, I don't get all the Cameron worship.
Aliens is a great movie (as are T1, T2 and Abyss) but it's not that great...

*runs for cover*

No, seriously.
Both Scott and Fincher (and even Jeunet, although A:R is the worst of the series by far) are better directors than Cameron and have made many more, better movies than Cameron.
I would take either of those guys over Cameron to helm a new Alien movie any day.
Cameron can write the script, though.

figuremasterles
08-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Actually, I don't get all the Cameron worship.
Aliens is a great movie (as are T1, T2 and Abyss) but it's not that great...

*runs for cover*

No, seriously.
Both Scott and Fincher (and even Jeunet, although A:R is the worst of the series by far) are better directors than Cameron and have made many more, better movies than Cameron.
I would take either of those guys over Cameron to helm a new Alien movie any day.
Cameron can write the script, though.

Brave words Abake! :lol

But seriously, money doesn't lie. The man may not be the "artist" the other directors are, no sir, but Titanic, for all it's pitfalls, made over $600,000,000.00 domestically! Yeah. Ok. So, he's not a hack! :lol
And I didn't go see it for the teen romance...That ship stuff ruled! :rock
(I've always been a Titanic scholar since my Grandma used to sit me down as a kid and talk about when it sank, and what it was like in the papers and all...can't help it...I was very into that one...as was a couple of other folks it seems...)

But. he needs to get his head back into some of his old familiar areas again, if you ask me. He was always best doing his normal, everyday working man against the (insert wild a$$ problem here) movies. :D

But anyway, that's just a pipe dream anyway. None of these guys is ever gonna do another Alien film now. Not in a million years! And that is sad. Fox would only MAKE MONEY! To quote Napoleon Dynamite "IDIOTS!"

galactiboy
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
It would be great to see a serious effort with either the Predator or Alien franchise... but my guess is we are now relagated to summer fun movies. Which I guess is better than nothing :monkey3

abake
08-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I doubt any of the former directors will ever come back to Alien. What a pity.
Anyway, the only ones to even remotely show any interest in it were Scott and Cameron...

MaulFan
08-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure if Scott, Cameron, or Fincher could really do another good film with the Aliens. They were all sort of up and coming directors at the time they made their successful Alien films, and I think that fresh approach is what allowed them to be visionary and really give us something, but I think years of work, and further success for Scott and Cameron ( I know little about Fincher ) has dulled the qualities in them that gave us the great films of old. I don't think there is a director out there who could truly handle this subject/genre. Most horror directors just toss gore and abnormality at the audience, but no quality story or characters worth routing for or taking interest in, and the sci-fi filmmakers today seem more towards and Star Terk / Star Wars type of sci-fi, which is entertaining but certainly not what you'd look for in Aliens films. I don't forsee an Alien or Predator film coming anytime soon that really hits on the elements that made the first films in each series so entertaining, I just don't think there are directors out there who are in touch with the subject matter enough to truly represent it well on film.

DarkArtist81
08-22-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure if Scott, Cameron, or Fincher could really do another good film with the Aliens. They were all sort of up and coming directors at the time they made their successful Alien films, and I think that fresh approach is what allowed them to be visionary and really give us something, but I think years of work, and further success for Scott and Cameron ( I know little about Fincher ) has dulled the qualities in them that gave us the great films of old. I don't think there is a director out there who could truly handle this subject/genre. Most horror directors just toss gore and abnormality at the audience, but no quality story or characters worth routing for or taking interest in, and the sci-fi filmmakers today seem more towards and Star Terk / Star Wars type of sci-fi, which is entertaining but certainly not what you'd look for in Aliens films. I don't forsee an Alien or Predator film coming anytime soon that really hits on the elements that made the first films in each series so entertaining, I just don't think there are directors out there who are in touch with the subject matter enough to truly represent it well on film.

As sad as that paragraph makes me... it pretty much nails it on the head. I would love it if some new visionary director with balls of steel would make an Alien film that truly terrifies the audience again, or if Ridley or Cameron could capture lighting in a bottle and give us that "good old feeling" again.... but I doubt it will happen. I don't know if there are any out there... Maybe one day.

God knows we need it, haven't had a good sci-fi Horror/Thriller film in YEARS. And that sucks. :monkey2

woodsy
08-22-2007, 03:08 PM

:confused: Not quite sure how you've come to your conclusion about James Cameron. His track record concerning sci-fi movies is outstanding. As for his previous successes dulling the quality of his movies...what???:confused: His last movie was Titanic so what are you basing that statement on?

If there's anyone out there who could make a truly fantastic Predator or Alien movie it's James Cameron...but it'll never happen because there is no way Fox is going to spend the kind of money it would take to hire him. Fox would much rather spend next to nothing on first time directors trying to make a name for themselves. Sadly, the days of great sci-fi movies like Aliens winning 4 Oscars out of 9 nominations, are over. :monkey2

MaulFan
08-22-2007, 03:21 PM
:confused: Not quite sure how you've come to your conclusion about James Cameron. His track record concerning sci-fi movies is outstanding. As for his previous successes dulling the quality of his movies...what???:confused: His last movie was Titanic so what are you basing that statement on?

If there's anyone out there who could make a truly fantastic Predator or Alien movie it's James Cameron...but it'll never happen because there is no way Fox is going to spend the kind of money it would take to hire him. Fox would much rather spend next to nothing on first time directors trying to make a name for themselves. Sadly, the days of great sci-fi movies like Aliens winning 4 Oscars out of 9 nominations, are over. :monkey2

I wasn't saying Cameron can't direct anymore, and I love some of Ridley's later works (Hannibal, Gladiator), I was just saying, the things that helped them to give us Terminator and Alien films has been lost with age and the span of their careers. James Cameron's explanation about Terminator in the behind the scenes footage is pretty tapped and crazy, I don't think he's that guy any more, and that's not to put him down as a director, just affects his ability to deliver Aliens again.

woodsy
08-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I wasn't saying Cameron can't direct anymore, and I love some of Ridley's later works (Hannibal, Gladiator), I was just saying, the things that helped them to give us Terminator and Alien films has been lost with age and the span of their careers. James Cameron's explanation about Terminator in the behind the scenes footage is pretty tapped and crazy, I don't think he's that guy any more, and that's not to put him down as a director, just affects his ability to deliver Aliens again.

Perhaps, but I'd love to give him the chance. The guy is, and always will be, a perfectionist. And you know when he does a movie he gives it everything he's got. I'll be very curious to see how Avatar turns out.

Sachiel
08-22-2007, 03:59 PM
[quote=Sachiel;548190]Why couldn't they just have it on a colony on a different world IN THE FUTURE? :monkey4

Quite simply , COLONY+DIFFERENT WORLD+FUTURE= $$$$$$$$
Although the first AvP didn't cost the earth , it was far from a low budget production but it made money due to D.V.D sales and "back-end" profits. I should imagine the producers want to keep cost down as the "AvP Franchise" is still a relatively high-risk proposition . Apart from the Star Wars movies , "Space set fantasy" doesn't translate to success . Look at "Serenity" and "Chronicles of Riddick", both excellent movies which died at the box office . Setting the movie on Earth in contempary times enables it to be marketed as a straight ahead "Horror Movie" and attract an audience that the "Science- Fiction" tag could possibly put off . Makes sense when you look at it like that .

Yeah, I know that. It's just so wrong though. Predator makes sense, but the Alien just seems so out of place and is going to be even more out of place in this one.

But Riddick was a "sequel" to a movie that didn't get enough recognition, plus it was something new. You can sorta say the same with Serenity. This is Aliens and Predators!

Doesn't matter now. Doubt we'll see anything good coming from these two franchises. Probably just ****ty remakes for the ADD generation.

MaulFan
08-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Perhaps, but I'd love to give him the chance. The guy is, and always will be, a perfectionist. And you know when he does a movie he gives it everything he's got. I'll be very curious to see how Avatar turns out.

I think he still has talent as a film maker, but I think the part of his mind that led to Terminator and Aliens started to fade away some time post Terminator 2, and in fact, T2 is like the last really good science fiction film to me; it had story, it had a moral lesson, characters you could love, cutting edge effects, great performances, it had everything. I love Star Wars, but they were never more than fun adventure films, which George Lucas even admitted to, and they succeeded at that, but they weren't powerful. And modern horror/thrillers just don't tap into the mind as well as older films did; it's more about showing a guy getting his head hacked off with a chainsaw than about a lurking force you're not even sure is there until it's too late, which is what made Alien great, it was a horror film in space; instead of Michael Myers or Jason, you get a blood thirsty alien. I don't know what quality it is that Scott, Cameron and Fincher had that made their films in this genre so good, but like I said before, I don't see it in anyone making film today, and despite their best efforts, the AVP 1 creative team didn't deliver a film that was reminiscent of the originals.

woodsy
08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
despite their best efforts, the AVP 1 creative team didn't deliver a film that was reminiscent of the originals.

That's an understatement! :rotfl I'm sure the director, writer's, and actors did the best they could, but let's face it they were all B-list material at best. I blame Fox for delivering that garbage, and from the look of things were going to see more of the same from AVP 2. I can guarantee if Fox doesn't release this movie a couple of days in advance for the critics I won't be spending 1 cent of my money to see it. :monkey2

abake
08-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Predalien vs. Predator:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/abake_2007/avpr.jpg

MaulFan
08-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Thanks for sharing. I REALLYYYYY hope that the Predatord-Xenomorph hybrid doesn't turn out to be a joke like the Albino Xenomorph in Resurrection. It has strong potential, but the design is questionable and if the performance is poorly executed, something that could be very badass would be a monster flop.

Darthrazz
08-23-2007, 09:31 AM

Awesome! Thanks for posting that.

So it seems that the Alien genes are always the more dominant ones?

KitFisto
08-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Looks like Predalien wins that one.

Reinhardt
08-23-2007, 09:46 AM
That's an understatement! :rotfl I'm sure the director, writer's, and actors did the best they could, but let's face it they were all B-list material at best. I blame Fox for delivering that garbage, and from the look of things were going to see more of the same from AVP 2. I can guarantee if Fox doesn't release this movie a couple of days in advance for the critics I won't be spending 1 cent of my money to see it. :monkey2

what i find so funny is that if you watch the behind the scenes for AVP, the producer talked about how he received hundreds of scripts for AVP, and the Anderson one was by far the best one he had read.

yeah whatever.

MaulFan
08-23-2007, 09:51 AM
what i find so funny is that if you watch the behind the scenes for AVP, the producer talked about how he received hundreds of scripts for AVP, and the Anderson one was by far the best one he had read.

yeah whatever.

I'm sure to him it was, and I'm sure to him, the final film was the best thing it could be, the audience just doesn't feel the same.

abake
08-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Looks like Predalien wins that one.

Uhm, it looks like it's a tie. If you look closely, you'll see the pred's wristblades sticking out of the top of the preadlien's head.

Kinda silly of Fox to post such a spoiler as the second picture they release...

KitFisto
08-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Uhm, it looks like it's a tie. If you look closely, you'll see the pred's wristblades sticking out of the top of the preadlien's head.

Kinda silly of Fox to post such a spoiler as the second picture they release...

Oh yeah, I do see that now. Well, wonder if we just saw the end of the movie? :censored

twistedfreak
08-23-2007, 11:02 AM
:

Hmm, interesting. I can't say that I like the idea of it being a tie between the Hybrid Alien and the Pred. There should only be one winner. That should be the Predator. I think it's still too soon to make any assumptions about the film. All we can do is hope that it turns out to be a decent flick. I highly doubt that it will turn out to be of the same caliber as Predator, Predator 2, Alien, and Aliens. It will be a popcorn flick at best, in my opinion.

Sabres21768
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Awesome! Thanks for posting that.

So it seems that the Alien genes are always the more dominant ones?

Well, if you look closely, the Predalien does have dreads. :cool:

KitFisto
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, if you look closely, the Predalien does have dreads. :cool:

Yeah, but behavior wise they still blend in with the Alien hive and not the host body's race.

Rogue Trooper
08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
I remeber reading somewhere i cant remember that there might only be one Predator, which could be cool to see a veteran pred fighting aliens.
Hope the R rating makes it more in line with the original movies.

Darthrazz
08-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah, but behavior wise they still blend in with the Alien hive and not the host body's race.

It would be real bad ass if the Pred Alien had actually blended with the Predators rather than the hive, that would be an even more lethal killing machine.

screamingmetal
08-23-2007, 04:32 PM

I think the main problem is that back when Fox made Alien and Aliens, they weren't trying to protect a franchise. Now they see franchises as ways to print money so the numskull executives try to control the production too much, that's what screwed over Fincher and eventually drove the franchise into the ground.

Honestly, if Cameron was ever going to return to the Aliens universe, I'd prefer him to make a Colonial Marines film more then an Aliens sequel. Perhaps once that's started off in it's own direction, people will stop being pissed that there's no Marines in the Alien sequels.

Sabres21768
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Here's a VERY interesting quote from one of the directors:

What Colin had to say about the Predalien over at AVP Galaxy:

"She has a full predator skull under the cowl just like the original Alien."

"Wait until you see the rest of the body. The level of bio-mechanical detail is the highest even done on these creatures, and it took almost all our pre-production time to sculpt her."

A Pred skull under the cowl!! LOVE IT!!! :monkey5

screamingmetal
08-23-2007, 04:43 PM

Well shi-t, I guess I don't need to go see this in the theater anymore, Way to spoil the movie Fox. :confused:
But this might actually be very early in the movie and that might not be the main Pred so they could've got the Predalien out of the way early so the rest of the movie is one remaining Pred against a horde of Aliens... at least I hope that's the case.
Incredibly stupid way to promote your movie Fox.

gdb
08-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Ugh... I don't have high hopes for this as a movie anymore. But here's hoping it yeilds some cool creature design like AvP did.

Kuzeh
08-23-2007, 05:44 PM
I think this movie is going to be great, not Aliens great, but maybe Predator 2 great...so who knows, until I see it I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Bardoon
08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Aww c'mon!!!Let's have the main Predator LIVE for a change...it's kind of getting old when he dies all the time.

I can understand the Predator 1 & 2 Preds being offed but when Scar was killed it was somewhat forced and then we had the rehash of the Predator 2 ending.

Why not have a Predator that actually is successful at getting "blooded" and returns to his clan as a fully accepted member?

This movie can very well turn out that way...but from this recent shot,it certainly looks like it's going to be an even kill and follow the trend of dying Predators.

The Mike
08-23-2007, 07:37 PM
I hope we just get a Predalien figure from HT.....I also hope it costs less than the Elder Predator 2 geesh that was a lot more than I thought it'd be...

DarkArtist81
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Aww c'mon!!!Let's have the main Predator LIVE for a change...it's kind of getting old when he dies all the time.

I can understand the Predator 1 & 2 Preds being offed but when Scar was killed it was somewhat forced and then we had the rehash of the Predator 2 ending.

Why not have a Predator that actually is successful at getting "blooded" and returns to his clan as a fully accepted member?

This movie can very well turn out that way...but from this recent shot,it certainly looks like it's going to be an even kill and follow the trend of dying Predators.

Yeah, I agree.... Why the Hell can't they just have that happen once? :confused:

The Dwimmerlaik
08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I dont like the design of the Predalien more alien than predator there, no problem against the aliens but why not change the design a bit not only the head an the mouth :monkey4

galactiboy
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Looks like the PredAlien is a kinda yellowish color... don't really like that. To reminiscent of the horrible Resurrection Alien. Hopefully it looks good in the film.

Fritz
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
...There should only be one winner. That should be the Predator...

Aww c'mon!!!Let's have the main Predator LIVE for a change...it's kind of getting old when he dies all the time...

:rock :clap

KitFisto
08-24-2007, 06:52 AM

I totally agree with this. The problem is they don't want to PO all the people that want Alien to win. I have never been a huge Alien fan, but love the Preds.

bagelsncheesey
08-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Now now, lets not make any assumptions. We don't know if that is a killshot on the Predator. Plus, we don't even know if this is actual footage or just promo stuff.

It's AVP2 guys! Even if it's a popcorn flick, i'm still stoked. At least it's rated R this time.

Sachiel
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I totally agree with this. The problem is they don't want to PO all the people that want Alien to win. I have never been a huge Alien fan, but love the Preds.

That don't make sense because neither of them win anyways. It's always the human.

FACEBOX
08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpMqpX3z0A

twistedfreak
08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpMqpX3z0A

Better quality video here...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

The Chaver
08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
That looks fu#@in great,but I think they showed way too much.

The ill Jedi
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Holy S#!t!!! That was awesome!! :rock

JediMike71
08-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow, it looks great! Much better than that first AVP movie. I know I'll go and see it in a theater! Thanks for the links to the trailer guys! :D

By the way...when is AVP 2 coming out in theaters?

twistedfreak
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I think this is going to be much better then I thought. This looks to be a brutal movie. Just the way we want it. The Predator looks to be more cunning, brutal, and just plain bad ass. The way a Predator should be. Totally digging the design of the Aliens. Nice to see some original material being put in this movie. Can't wait to see more from this movie! I LOVE PREDATOR!

screamingmetal
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure what to think of the AVP2 trailer. On the one hand it looked fantastic, the Preds and Aliens look great, and the action is brutal and gory as a Predator or Aliens movie should be. On the other, it looks to have a bunch of fu%#ing teenagers (or thereabouts) as the main human characters, and it's taking place on Earth in the present.

If only this was just taking place in the future on another world. :monkey2

It's great though to see some new Predator weapons and that scene of the guy looking at his reflection in the glass suddenly turning into an Alien's gapping jaws and then bursting through the glass was Killer!

Rob
08-24-2007, 07:46 PM
One word; DAMN!

Looks even more gory than Pred 2! Though I have to admit, I do think it's pretty stupid for the one Pred to be attacking humans aswell. I mean, c'mon, you're one skilled hunter against an army of Aliens aswell as the Predalien, it's pretty stupid to gain another enemy(Humans) by slaughtering them when you've already got more than you can handle, don't you think? Sounds like the Preds haven't heard of the ol' "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" gig.:lol But whatever, I thought the trailer was great, though I just hope it didn't show all the good parts.

KitFisto
08-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Looks great. Very original Predator with aliens and humans as prey. Problem seems to be that we have still seen the end with the Predalien and main Predator's death.

Sachiel
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Just as I thought... AvP but rated R. There was a hell of a lot wrong with AvP and it wasn't just because it was PG-13. Looks like a [horrible] fan film.

The Pred Alien reminded me of the first Kenner Queen alien. :lol

p!tu
08-24-2007, 08:33 PM

PROWL
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
You know, I 'm getting the strange feeling people are just bashing this movie for the sake of bashing it, we haven't even seen it and everyone is already passing jugment, how about we wait till it comes out and then we can bash/prase it. As it stands were at lest getting a something that looks like an Alien movie.

After seeing the trailer I think were in for a treat, their bring back some of the old hallmarks, like skined bodys hanging from trees, and Predator vision is back to the style of P1 and P2, the Aliens although, not back to the Giger look, still look better then they have in the past 3 films, the Predalien looks great, they've even gone to the trouble of fabrecating a Predator skull so it has that look that there might have eyes under the cowl, a la Alien, and the Predator looks badass, hes got two, count 'em, two Plasma casters and may have a new weapon from the looks of it.

Not only that but the fight scenes don't look as cartoony as they were in AVP 1. thats good enough for me to give it a chanes.

sorry if I've rubbed anyone the wrong why, just wanted to provide some prospecive on this :monkey3

(by the way , I wouldn't count the Predator in that pic out yet, their tough SOBs)

Rob
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
(by the way , I wouldn't count the Predator in that pic out yet, their tough SOBs)True.

I mean, look at the Pred in P2, got shot five times by a .50 caliber shotgun and had his forearm cut off and was running around like nothing happened.

abake
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
This has finally made me lose all hope that there is a decent future for the franchise: this trailer firmly places the movie in blatant b-movie territory.
Oh well, at least we'll get cool toys.

FACEBOX
08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh well, at least we'll get cool toys.

That way we could make our OWN B movies! :D

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/AVP2.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/AVP2a.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/AVP2b.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/AVP2c.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/AVP2d.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/AVPe.png

IrishJedi
08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Ugh. The cast and cinematography = Made For TV. And I'm not talking HBO, either... I'm talking Spike TV/Sci-Fi Channel. :monkey4

MaulFan
08-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone else notice that the title in the end is back to Alien vs Predator 2.

IrishJedi
08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
That I did like (as well as many of the action shots).

FelMar
08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
what a cool trailer!!
lots of blood in this one...
can't wait til' December :chew

Fubeca
08-24-2007, 11:44 PM

Nope the Hight Res version showed "Aliens vs Predator Requiem"

Rogue Trooper
08-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Cool trailer, look like alot of action. Alien ship crashes outside a rural town, B movie.

FelMar
08-25-2007, 12:12 AM
So does this come out Dec. 25th ?

DBoz
08-25-2007, 03:57 AM
While I think this movie looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch, I still want to see an AvP movie with no humans in it. I know it will never happen, but come on, the name of the franchise is "Alien versus Predator", not "Alien versus Predator and a bunch of stupid Humans".

p!tu
08-25-2007, 05:50 AM
While I think this movie looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch, I still want to see an AvP movie with no humans in it. I know it will never happen, but come on, the name of the franchise is "Alien versus Predator", not "Alien versus Predator and a bunch of stupid Humans".

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! at least the humans look like they are just for killing!!! i hope thats the case!! i could care less about the humans!! i hope they all DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

bagelsncheesey
08-25-2007, 06:13 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok like i've been saying all along, this movie is gonna kick ****ing ass!!!!! finally!!!! back to the old days of blood and gore with these franchises. the scene where the Predator blows the 2 dudes heads off was ****ing awesome!! i'm all for the military/humans being in it. more people to be killed off :rock :rock :rock

opening day baby, here i come.

Moonloop
08-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Looks like a good action movie. But I just don't like the setting and the story once again doesn't seem strong.

I just want another Colonial Marines Alien movie.

The Mike
08-25-2007, 12:26 PM
I am so psyched about this movie!!! I love the part in the trailer when the Alien gets his head blown off and the acid burns the human's face.....this movie will rule! (on a similar note Red Line Trailers rock!)

Bardoon
08-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm getting more excited for this movie and I'm still not expecting an action classic like ALIENS...but the action,the gore,and the R-Rating will certainly help make this more of the thrill ride a lot of us expected.

I suppose there will AT LEAST be 2 Predators...unless the PredAlien is Scar's "baby" and somehow got back onto Earth...So one Pred will get infected and the other one hunts all the Aliens down....looks like he may be cleaning up his own mess.

It'll be really cool to see a singular, main Predator get some major screentime with a lot of kills. It was disappointing in AvP when the Celtic and Chopper got taken down so easily...though Celtic did duke it out.

twistedfreak
08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I think one of my biggest hopes for this movie is that the main Predator won't die. He needs to live, and return to his own kind. Or something like that.

FACEBOX
08-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I think one of my biggest hopes for this movie is that the main Predator won't die. He needs to live, and return to his own kind. Or something like that.

DIE PREDATORS, DIE!!!!! :emperor

martin canale
08-25-2007, 01:12 PM
WOW, COOLLLLLL!!! ALIENS, PREDATOR AND GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey5

wookilar8
08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
When I saw the first action scene with the brunette in it, I thought it looked just like Ripley only hotter.:monkey5:monkey5

FelMar
08-25-2007, 05:46 PM
When I saw the first action scene with the brunette in it, I thought it looked just like Ripley only hotter.:monkey5:monkey5

yea, you're right...she does like like a young SW

Bardoon
08-25-2007, 06:55 PM
yea, you're right...she does like like a young SW

Perhaps she is an ancestor?

AvP "tied" itself to the ALIEN timeline by having Charles Bishop Weyland...maybe AvP2 will have Ripley's ancestor?

Khev
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Better quality video here...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Hmmm. Looks like Predator vs. Friday the 13th. Predators slaughtering hysterical co-eds on vacation sure doesn't seem to fall in with the "worthy [and ARMED] adversary" category that provoke Predators to hunt. Not having a Schwarzenegger (imagine if they commissioned HIM to return!) or even a Danny Glover makes it seem more like a C-grade slasher flick with some generic monsters in it.

I don't like the Aliens being on present day Earth either. They should be loose in a Blade Runner-type city to give it the same feel as the originals. Its cool that they're trying to make it more intense but I don't like "torture porn" either. Its hard to tell what type of movie this is trying to be. The trailer definitely didn't wow me.

Sachiel
08-25-2007, 11:13 PM
That's exactly what I thought Khev. Especially the F13 part. There was SOME cool looking stuff in the trailer. The part with the disc pinning the chick to the wall. And lots of crap. The part with the acid on the face just looked dumb. All I see in this movie is gore, gore, stupid humans, gore, with some "fill in the blank" story. Almost the same as AvP, but with gore. Reminded me like a high budget Sci-Fi channel original movie.

Sometimes you don't need to see a movie to know how it's going to end up.

Dassy
08-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Looks f.... Awesome to me,but then I`m on of the few who absolutely loves the first AVP!

Cheers for the Link:cool:

wax murderer
08-26-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm liking that the Pred is looking more slender( as in P1 and P2), as opposed to the rather stocky AVP versions. Makes him look more agile and dangerous...PS

thundergod
08-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Reality check people ! Anyone expecting a movie of the quality of the the first 2 ( or 3 arguably!) Alien movies or the first Predator movie is going to be disappointed . That is a fact and what happened with the 1st AvP .( I personally thought it was a pretty good effort). We haven't had a successful ( and I mean Box Office successful) entry in either franchise for 20 or so years . Think about it , Predator 2 , Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection ALL stiffed at the Box Office . As far as Fox are concerned , these franchises are never going to warrant the huge budget afforded to other Genre movies/franchises . Especially as talent such as Cameron , Scott and Weaver will no longer touch them with a barge-pole! The best we can hope for is for the movie(s) not to stink too much ! And if we get an entertaining, cheesy B-Movie , well , so be it . I for one can live with that .:D

FACEBOX
08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Reality check people ! Anyone expecting a movie of the quality of the the first 2 ( or 3 arguably!) Alien movies or the first Predator movie is going to be disappointed . That is a fact and what happened with the 1st AvP .( I personally thought it was a pretty good effort). We haven't had a successful ( and I mean Box Office successful) entry in either franchise for 20 or so years . Think about it , Predator 2 , Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection ALL stiffed at the Box Office . As far as Fox are concerned , these franchises are never going to warrant the huge budget afforded to other Genre movies/franchises . Especially as talent such as Cameron , Scott and Weaver will no longer touch them with a barge-pole! The best we can hope for is for the movie(s) not to stink too much ! And if we get an entertaining, cheesy B-Movie , well , so be it . I for one can live with that .:D

That's why I bought the Quadrilogy boxed-set. That way I can "pep myself back up" after watching things like AVP. :lol

DarkArtist81
08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Sad but true.... But is still hold out for some talented new director to give us something to be excited about. Aliens was really a cheap film, Cameron just did everything he could with the cheap budget and it paid off big time. I know it IS possible, but someone who actually gives a rats a$$ about making a great Alien film should step forward and deliver.

And so I will always hope that the next one will be the one to do that, even if it never happens. :monkey2

Reinhardt
08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
true true...

also consider that with such talented filmakers of Cameron, Scott, and McTiernan, they didn't even need huge budgets to put out a great film!! The first Alien's budget was around 8 million!!!!!!

DarkArtist81
08-26-2007, 10:59 AM
true true...

also consider that with such talented filmakers of Cameron, Scott, and McTiernan, they didn't even need huge budgets to put out a great film!! The first Alien's budget was around 8 million!!!!!!

Exactly! They used a LOT of trick photography to sell the shots, like the painted backgrounds for exterior shots and the force perspective shots for the hive areas. They did a lot with what they had, damn near nothing. And somehow they managed to make just a few Alien suits (less than 10) look like several hundred. Plus, set lighting really paid off for them. If you light a set properly you can create mood and depth that isn't really there.

The trailer for this film looks promising to me, but then again so did the first AVP. I will just wait and see how I feel once it comes out. At least they look scary again, one of the main things wrong with AVP was the lack of fear and suspense. It just didn't have a bit of that going for it. The basic story was interesting and the design was good... but character depth and fear was sorely lacking.

Building suspense and fear in an audience can sell your film more than any amount of marketing can. Jaws, Predator and Alien are great examples of this. You hardly saw the creatures, but you knew it was there. And the feeling of dread made you more terrified than any amount of in your face imagery can. By the time the shark came up out of the water when Brody was chumming, when the Predator revealed himself or when the Alien had his moment in the ducts with the Captain... your fear was so built up by then that it was already legendary in your mind. The object of fear already had a legacy. You were terrified before you even knew...

That is what is missing in modern film.

darthviper107
08-26-2007, 11:08 AM
You know what I just realized, which is kind of odd, but it's not Alien Vs. Predator, its Aliens Vs. Predator this is going to be crazy. I hope that they have a human character in somewhat the role of Ripley, that would make it great.

DarthNeil
08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Watched the trailer today and the 2 minutes that were shown make me optimistic that this A vs P might be quite good...

Khev
08-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Building suspense and fear in an audience can sell your film more than any amount of marketing can. Jaws, Predator and Alien are great examples of this. You hardly saw the creatures, but you knew it was there. And the feeling of dread made you more terrified than any amount of in your face imagery can. By the time the shark came up out of the water when Brody was chumming, when the Predator revealed himself or when the Alien had his moment in the ducts with the Captain... your fear was so built up by then that it was already legendary in your mind. The object of fear already had a legacy. You were terrified before you even knew...

Agreed, but of course one huge advantage those three films had was that the audience had never seen the "monster" from each movie before. We really didn't know what to expect. Its much more difficult in a sequel to go back to that kind of suspense. It just reinforces the genius of James Cameron in almost changing the genre to a war movie and giving us a different, but still equal, kind of visceral experience altogether. It can be done, yes with a great deal of inspiration that is extremely (apparently) hard to come by, but it can still be done nonetheless. I think its too bad that 20 years later there isn't an established director who wants to say "Hey, I grew up with these films, I love them and want them to be great again," who will take over the reigns. Imagine if Peter Jackson, or Chris Nolan, or Gore Verbinksi were diehard Alien/Predator fans....

thundergod
08-26-2007, 02:38 PM
All the comments in the above posts are true , but when discussing budget , you've got to remember that in 1978/9, £8 million was actually quite a serious amount for a "genre" film , and the original Alien was one of Fox's major releases of the year . Consider that nowadays ,when the average "non-genre" movies budget can be approaching $70-$80 million , a space -set , futuristic addition to a franchise which has a rather unreliable history at best , can seem rather risky to say the least . It is also worth remembering of course , that the S.F/Horror/Fantasy genres have ALWAYS been the poor relation to the mainstream and talent such as Cameron , Carpenter , Romero and the like have always thrived while working under limitations of budget etc. One of the advantages of recent leaps forward in digital effects is that low budgets do not always result in "shoddy" effects , but obviously this is all reliant on who is "calling the shots" (literally!). My point really, is that the "B-Movie" is not something to be ashamed and afraid of , after all , many of the films we ( at least the older of us ) love , started life as low budget exploitation pieces and you never know , AvP could turn out to be a classic!
Let's at least be a little optimistic eh guys? ( By the way , this "Trailer" isn't actually a trailer, it's a presentation clip shown at a convention , so it is aimed at "fans", not the general public . )

Kuzeh
08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I like what I see so far!!
Can't wait!

MaulFan
08-26-2007, 06:25 PM
My only big concern with this trailer is that the gore will be done in a manner just for cheap SAW type thrills and not a functional part of the story. Yes, the first Predator was brutal with skinned bodies and all, but in the end, most of the brutality joined with the isolation of the environment to raise the stake's for the military group. However, some of the things in this trailer look like the only purpose they serve is to woo the audience with cheap thrills, and that's not smart filmmaking, that's...I don't know how to articulate it, but it's another small touch which sets apart these films from the stories they're based on.

KitFisto
08-27-2007, 06:00 AM
I am willing to wager that when all is said and done there will be people who like this film and people who hate this film.

I know I am going out on a limb there, but someone had to.

Shai
08-27-2007, 06:30 AM
GORE RULES.....

MaulFan
08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
GORE RULES.....

It does, but there are levels and uses of it, and used wrongly it can cheapen a film.

As Cameron describes about his mindset going into Aliens, you don't need to be gory to be effective, it's more about the suspense of what could or is going to happen and that's why the first 2 Alien films were successful; it wasn't about seeing some creature rip humans apart, it was about fearing a creature lurking around and you don't know when it'll strike, but you were shown enough to know if it strikes, you're in trouble. Again, that's what I feel the gore was for in Predator, to build up bit by bit that Dutch's team was in big trouble and up against something with the odds very much against him, and the intensity of what the Predator could do built up more and more leading to the climax of the film and upping the stakes as much as they could.

Some gore effects from this trailer look like cheap shock value thrills that'll be fun to watch for sure, and I think this will be an entertaining movie for action and thrills, but in the end, I don't think it'll be a quality film like the originals.

What's really funny to me is how many of us on these boards understand what made the first films succeed, yet these hollywood boneheads making sequels claim to know and promise to deliver it in their film, and each one fails in that.

IrishJedi
08-27-2007, 07:14 AM
The worst thing about the trailer is that there is at least an 80% probability that it spoils 100% of the best moments/shots from the movie.

p!tu
08-27-2007, 07:27 AM
The worst thing about the trailer is that there is at least an 80% probability that it spoils 100% of the best moments/shots from the movie.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

IM sure your right!!:monkey2

Reinhardt
08-27-2007, 07:40 AM

precisely why i haven't seen it, and won't until the movie comes out!!

i think last year at comic con, for AVP, they showed two fights, the only two fights in the damn movie!!!

Kuzeh
08-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Well, Colin Strause said on AvP Galaxy that this aren't all the moneyshots, that there's still plenty of cool stuff that won't be shown in the trailers.

Even though it looks a little gory, it kind of gives me a Predator 2 vibe, rather than an Aliens one, but who knows, we'll have to wait and see!! I'm just so excited to see this guys on the big screen again!!

http://www.gifmaniacos.com/Aliens/ani_098.gif

usmcchet9296
08-27-2007, 11:31 AM
The trailer actually looks real good
here it to hoping that the rest of the movie is too

creature4000
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
ok.. the first AvP (actually FvJ) set the tone as how these series are going to play out. They are films for fun.. nothing more nothing less.

Of course I'd rather have all the Alien vs Pred films carry the tones from their first films... but they didn't... they made them semi corny and entertaining for all veiwers, instead of bad arse for the hard core fans!

I do think this will be way better then the first AVP, but if your expecting Aliens 2 (Marines) vs Predator (Arnolds). You will be very disapointed!

Anton Phibes
08-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I just hope Predator shows why his species is supposed to be so bad...because he seems to get the poopy end of the stick in every film he's in. Blow'd up by Arnie, hacked up and beat on by Glover, impregnated by the Alines in the first AVP. He really needs either a new publicist or someone who actually likes him more than lame-o humans or the Aliens. Not that I dislike the Aliens. But, geesh...give the thing some trophy time fer cryin' out loud.:lol

p!tu
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I just hope Predator shows why his species is supposed to be so bad...because he seems to get the poopy end of the stick in every film he's in. Blow'd up by Arnie, hacked up and beat on by Glover, impregnated by the Alines in the first AVP. He really needs either a new publicist or someone who actually likes him more than lame-o humans or the Aliens. Not that I dislike the Aliens. But, geesh...give the thing some trophy time fer cryin' out loud.:lol

NO body beats Dutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

BDboystoys
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM
The trailer looks as if it may have some nice action and all, but really could the premise be any more ridiculous? I know Im in the wrong crowd as most seem pretty pumped but personally while these two film creature icon are fantastic designs and just awesome in theyre separate franchises putting them together the way they do just taints the name of both.
The plot is absurd, I mean the Aliens species and storyline/timeline is set thousands of years from modern day in totally different regions of space and yet in this film they're on earth in 2007? If they're going to put these franchises together couldn't they have thought about it a little more and actually tried to make something good with a decent screenplay? The vs films are just ways for studios to make a quick buck out of movie icons/franchises.

Dassy
08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Neca`s First shot of their new Alien (AvP 2)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/padassy/SSFreaks/Avp2Alien.jpg

http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/138

:cool:

Reinhardt
08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
that really looks great!!! i just hope the paint job turns out that great in the production piece.

p!tu
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
I cant wait for the Hot Toys Version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IrishJedi
08-28-2007, 08:59 AM
The trailer looks as if it may have some nice action and all, but really could the premise be any more ridiculous? I know Im in the wrong crowd as most seem pretty pumped but personally while these two film creature icon are fantastic designs and just awesome in theyre separate franchises putting them together the way they do just taints the name of both.
The plot is absurd, I mean the Aliens species and storyline/timeline is set thousands of years from modern day in totally different regions of space and yet in this film they're on earth in 2007? If they're going to put these franchises together couldn't they have thought about it a little more and actually tried to make something good with a decent screenplay?

You put more thought into this franchise in your one post than 20th Century Fox has during two whole movie productions.

:lol

abake
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
That NECA figure is looking mighty nice!
I like the blend of Alien/Aliens characteristics with the A:R/AvP look. It's very well acomplished.
The detailing on legs and arms, the phallic shape of the head...

Shropt
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow, that trailer showed WAAAYYY too much.

And why are a bunch of teenagers in an AvP movie? This ain't no Freddy vs Jason movie.

Wor-Gar
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
This ain't no Freddy vs Jason movie.

Or is it?

:D

FelMar
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
love the NECA alien!

looks great :rock

is this a 12" figure ?

MaulFan
08-31-2007, 07:12 AM
love the NECA alien!

looks great :rock

is this a 12" figure ?

Knowing NECA, it'll likely be a 7", 12" and 18" figure.

Dassy
08-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Knowing NECA, it'll likely be a 7", 12" and 18" figure.

Lol

Also,if HT get the hands on it

Black,Blue,Brown,Silver........:rotfl

Buttmunch
09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Saw the AVP:R trailer today with Halloween. Loved the "Silent Night" music at the end :lol

superboink
09-01-2007, 05:23 PM
That Trailer looked absolutely awsome!! I cant wait for this flick to come out!!

Darth_Thorpe
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
lovin' this theres everything in this, blood gore, swearing, and a little boy dies what more do u need :)

Reinhardt
09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
lovin' this theres everything in this, blood gore, swearing, and a little boy dies what more do u need :)

good story (that does not insult my intelligence)... but i can only dream.

i'm definitely going to see this one anyway, get a big bag of popcorn, and leave my brain at the door!!

p!tu
09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

FACEBOX
09-08-2007, 12:53 PM
So, have any of you seen the latest AVP2 trailer yet?
The one with "Silent Night" playing in the background? Damn thing gave me goosebumps!

http://www.kratookfilm.com/images/stories/FreePR/AVP2_2.jpg

thundergod
09-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Saw the AVP:R trailer today with Halloween. Loved the "Silent Night" music at the end :lol
I've seen the 1st trailer , is this one different? If so , where can I find it?

MaulFan
09-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I've seen the 1st trailer , is this one different? If so , where can I find it?

It's the same one that's gone around already.

FACEBOX
09-08-2007, 06:47 PM
It's the same one that's gone around already.

Nope, it's different:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A_uRwlw2YNE

Moonloop
09-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Nope, it's different:

I really like the silent night music at the end, makes it more eerie

Kuzeh
09-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Check this out (Big Spoilers!!):

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1189554517&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&

Production Still is pretty cool

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/news/2007/e280152b.jpg

sideshowpdx
09-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Nope, it's different:

Anyone have a higer res link to that trailer???

My Lord
09-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I didn't have much doubt that this flick would be tons better than the first, (one of the few that actually enjoyed AVP), but after that killer trailer, and reading the Strause brothers interview, I am so amped to see this movie.:rock :monkey5

Alot of cool spoilers in the interview, and it sounds like James Cameron Aliens fans should be pleased with some aspects of the new Aliens.

MaulFan
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I didn't have much doubt that this flick would be tons better than the first, (one of the few that actually enjoyed AVP), but after that killer trailer, and reading the Strause brothers interview, I am so amped to see this movie.:rock :monkey5

Alot of cool spoilers in the interview, and it sounds like James Cameron Aliens fans should be pleased with some aspects of the new Aliens.

I'm with ya in that this film has promise to be much better than the previous film, but based on the interview, I don't think it'll impact fans of Cameron much. It's actually somewhat insulting to Cameron fans what they've stated; they come off sounding like they think a few old sounds and an old creature design recycled will satisfy Cameron fans, but those 2 things really aren't what defined Aliens as being a great film in the series, oh well, still going to see this and will probably enjoy it, but we'll never get a film like the old ones.

p!tu
09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
:rock:rock:rock:rock this movie will kick ass!!!

bagelsncheesey
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
:rock:rock:rock:rock this movie will kick ass!!!

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

the man still speaks the truth.

p!tu
09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

the man still speaks the truth.

usmcchet9296
09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
The gods of AvP please dont let me down but damnit all to hell I am really looking forward to this movie
I want Aliens type ass kicking

p!tu
09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:rock:rock:rock

FACEBOX
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
The gods of AvP please dont let me down but damnit all to hell I am really looking forward to this movie
I want Aliens type ass kicking

Praying to the AVP gods again eh?

Oh, and did I mention that Aliens rule? :maul

p!tu
09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Predators RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p!tu
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/pitu23/P6190006.jpg

twistedfreak
09-12-2007, 05:28 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/pitu23/P6190006.jpg

Nice picture man!

p!tu
09-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Nice picture man!

:rock:rock:rock Thanks man!!!! im pumped for this movie!!!!

Reinhardt
09-12-2007, 05:36 PM
sweet pic p!tu!!!!!!!!

this movie better rock. i'm in withdrawal from some good alien and predator stuff!!

p!tu
09-12-2007, 05:39 PM
sweet pic p!tu!!!!!!!!

this movie better rock. i'm in withdrawal from some good alien and predator stuff!!

galactiboy
09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Definitely looking forward to this one... and the earlier comment about a big bag of popcorn and leaving my brain at the door is the way to go :rock

FACEBOX
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Sweet pic P!tu !
:rock :rock

Definitely looking forward to this one... and the earlier comment about a big bag of popcorn and leaving my brain at the door is the way to go :rock

:monkey2
Sooooo true. :lol

Kuzeh
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
NIce customized Mask on that Pred!!
I am too very excited about this movie!!
Can't wait!!

p!tu
09-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Sweet pic P!tu !
:rock :rock

p!tu
09-13-2007, 07:09 AM
NIce customized Mask on that Pred!!
I am too very excited about this movie!!
Can't wait!!

Gracias!!:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Kuzeh
09-13-2007, 08:43 AM
De nada Compadre! he he he

p!tu
09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
De nada Compadre! he he he

Reinhardt
09-13-2007, 08:51 AM

:rock :rock :rock :rock

p!tu
09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
:rock :rock :rock :rock

:rock:rock:rock:rock

figuremasterles
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
:rock

Pic is wicked P! Rock it! :rock

p!tu
09-13-2007, 10:20 AM
:rock

Pic is wicked P! Rock it! :rock

:rock:rock:rock:rock hell yeah!!! hey i want my **** autograph!!!!

Sachiel
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM

I tried that with AvP, but it kept barging in. :monkey5

I will say the good thing about this movie is awesome figures and more Classic stuff coming. From NECA and HT.

The Chaver
09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
This movie feels more like a horror flick then a Sci-Fi horror flick.

screamingmetal
09-13-2007, 05:13 PM

I did that for AVP and it was mostly enjoyable. The problem is later when you leave the theater and pick your brain back up, you start to realize how bad it truly was. :monkey1

thundergod
09-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I think a bit of perspective is what's called for here . AvP wasn't a BAD movie , just a movie that disappointed a lot of people , due to them having their own little "AvP Movie " playing in their heads . ( A lot like "The Phantom Menace ", but I'll steer WELL CLEAR of that particular can 'o worms !). Now , "Alien Resurrection" , THAT'S a bad movie!:rolleyes:

Sachiel
09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
But can't you say the exact opposite of that?

Kuzeh
09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, AVP was a bit dissapointing, but a fun stand alone popcorn movie...Great FX and great sets. Now Requiem so far looks like better character design, and better story but the setting seems a little wierd to most people...that it might end up being campy and sort of slasher film...I'm excited, so I'll just wiat patientley 'til Christmas comes!!

PROWL
09-18-2007, 08:20 PM
in my mind this is as close as were going to get to the version of Alien3 most people wanted.

Bardoon
09-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Like some other people mentioned before...I am not very fond of the ALIENS Xenomorphs in "modern" times...I feel they should stay and always belong in the future.

When you bring them into modern or even historical times I feel you "dilute" the creature somewhat by making it out to be like any other monster in horror movies like the Werewolf, Bigfoot, Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. And though the ALIEN has been seen along with them I feel it has always stood away from that crew because it was extremely different (breeding, "insect-like" social structure,etc.) and because of the time-gap.

I won't deny that the 4 ALIEN movies being set in the future have a definite impact on my feelings but I just feel it's awkward to see them in modern times.

Kuzeh
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
New trailer:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1190330605&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&

Looks pretty good!!

abake
09-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Will check it out, thanks!

drunk_leprechaun
09-21-2007, 09:12 AM
see the quills around the preds jawline? and if you look closely at the second pic hes got quills on the top of his head as well. I dont know much about predator characteristics but so far in the movies only elders have quills.. so! does this make this pred an elder?? and the trailers dont show any other predators. guess this means we'll have a hot toys avp2 elder on the way!!i hope!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/drunk_leprechaun/trailerr20.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/drunk_leprechaun/productionstill02.jpg

p!tu
09-21-2007, 09:56 AM
actually all the preds have quills! a mean the AVP2 one can be an elder but the quills have nothing to do with it cause all of them have them! cool pic by the way

Predator from the first movie
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/madre69/predator.jpg

drunk_leprechaun
09-21-2007, 11:52 AM
oh bugger.. i hoped it was an elder..oh well. wicked pic pitu, please do post more from the first movie if you have any, theyre hard to find.

My Lord
09-21-2007, 12:37 PM
From what I have read, this Predator is a "Cleaner" and battle hardened. You call in this badass to clean up, and tie off any trace of a mess.

So, it would makes sense that he would be older and more experienced.

drunk_leprechaun
09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
From what I have read, this Predator is a "Cleaner" and battle hardened. You call in this badass to clean up, and tie off any trace of a mess.

So, it would makes sense that he would be older and more experienced.

I like the sound of that:monkey1

FelMar
09-21-2007, 01:29 PM
The new trailer is very cool!

thanks for posting :cool:

PROWL
09-21-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought they said he is older and more experienced:monkey3

screamingmetal
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I thought they said he is older and more experienced:monkey3

I read that to mean that he's older and more experienced then the Teen Preds that were in AVP 1.

The new trailer was alright, I liked the previous one more, it showed more of the humans getting knocked off. I really hope the movie doesn't center on a bunch of young kids like the Freddy or Jason movies. I'm optimistic though.

MaulFan
09-21-2007, 07:14 PM
This is going to be a veteran Predator. In an interview by MTV, the filmmakers stated that there would be a number of physical imperfections and damages done do his gear to indicate that he's a hunter that's been around for a good while and seen much hunting and combat, where every Predator to date, that has had focus in the film, has been fairly perfect looking and almost seems to be a novice, which would explain their defeats.

Kuzeh
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Here's the poster:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/news/0e6164dc.jpg

Pretty cool!!
http://www.gifmaniacos.com/Aliens/2.gifhttp://www.gifmaniacos.com/Alien_vs_Predator/9.gif

drunk_leprechaun
09-22-2007, 06:03 AM
i didnt like how the predators looked in avp, too bulky, seems like they got it right with avp 2 though, this pred looks badass\!!@

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/drunk_leprechaun/vlcsnap-4267511.png

Bardoon
09-22-2007, 10:39 AM
They've already stated that this Predator will be "leaner" and much more reminescent of the original Predator from the first movie. He won't be bulked up with too much armor and such like the AvP Preds were in the first movie.

Haven't heard if there are any OTHER Predators besides this one. It could be that the PredAlien is Scar's from the previous movie or another Predator that will be in the movie.

Rob
09-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Poster revealed!;
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4630/avprpostersupersizeor0.jpg

FACEBOX
09-22-2007, 09:19 PM
It has been my Avatar for the past 2 days. No one noticed. :rolleyes:

geto10
09-23-2007, 07:12 AM
It has been my Avatar for the past 2 days. No one noticed. :rolleyes:

Had it as a desktop for a few days. Why didn't anyone notice that? :confused:

FACEBOX
09-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, the next time I come over I will try to pay more attention.

Sachiel
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Say "A V P R" out load. Just do it.

Because you'll be hearing the guy in the commercials saying it for a while.:lol

eighthsamurai
09-24-2007, 01:25 AM
that poster looks very 80s. when i first saw it, it reminded me of the ET poster or the original alien poster.

i like it, especially the much simpler "AVPR" text. very cool, and i think it bodes well for the film.

also i had it tattood to my left butt cheek like 6 months ago. how come no-one noticed that??

PsychoCenobite
09-24-2007, 04:27 AM
If they changed the 'AVPR' font and style, then that poster would look a lot better. I just put this together:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5617/avprpostersupersizeor0eb1.jpg

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Stendec
09-24-2007, 04:51 AM
I preffer the simpler font of the actual poster as its reminicent of the 1979 Alien artwork.

The first AVP movie typeface looks like some cheesy WWE logo with its bevels and metalic gradients. The "Requiem" sub title sounds awefully pretentious also.

wookster
09-24-2007, 04:58 AM
Well I'm glad they've gone for a leaner classic Predator look, but why not go for the classic Giger Alien head as well?
I guess it'll look good when HT have given us ALL the various alien versions, to see how it evolved and devolved, but give me the smooth look everytime.

Dark_Spidey
09-24-2007, 05:58 AM
Giger's smooth design would look weird in an AVP film imho. Cameron's design looks much more agressive, especially when there are many warriors on screen.

That's a nice poster btw!

MaulFan
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
The film makes said that from the Alien side of this film, they were shooting to homage Cameron's ALIENS, the main reason for the Cameronesque design to the warriors, and I belive other elements will also be attempts to pay tribute to Cameron's film. That's the sole purpose for the warrior's look in this film. And in AVP fashion, the first film's warriors were their reflection of a Giger design, no matter how off from it it was, it had the Giger element of the smooth domed head.

Grange Wallis
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Big FYI Guys and Girls!

2nd Trailer up and IGN.com

CLICK HERE!!!! (http://au.media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html)

I'm at work and can't view flash - Grrrr - how is it?:monkey4?

FACEBOX
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
I love the swimming alien scene.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/thewaterisfine.png

The chestburster swarm gave my the chills, not to mention the "Silent Night" song at the end. :monkey5:monkey5
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/BoogieMONSTER_2006/Swarm.png

The Chaver
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
The film makes said that from the Alien side of this film, they were shooting to homage Cameron's ALIENS, the main reason for the Cameronesque design to the warriors, and I belive other elements will also be attempts to pay tribute to Cameron's film. That's the sole purpose for the warrior's look in this film. And in AVP fashion, the first film's warriors were their reflection of a Giger design, no matter how off from it it was, it had the Giger element of the smooth domed head.

Yeah it's funny that they would even consider that after Cameron said
in an interview that they've ruined the whole franchise with these Alien vs Predator movies.:lol

MaulFan
10-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah it's funny that they would even consider that after Cameron said
in an interview that they've ruined the whole franchise with these Alien vs Predator movies.:lol

Ya, these guys would almost do themselves a favor if they never acknowledged the Alien or Predator franchises; everytime they speak of them, there's an arrogant tone of confidence like they have captured the good parts of the old films in these new ones, and clearly fans have spoken and they haven't achieved that goal. I think this film is going to benefit from a more open set. With a whole town to run around in, opens things up for more interesting action as opposed to a pyramid with finite options.

The Chaver
10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Ya, these guys would almost do themselves a favor if they never acknowledged the Alien or Predator franchises; everytime they speak of them, there's an arrogant tone of confidence like they have captured the good parts of the old films in these new ones, and clearly fans have spoken and they haven't achieved that goal. I think this film is going to benefit from a more open set. With a whole town to run around in, opens things up for more interesting action as opposed to a pyramid with finite options.

They definitely have not captured the good parts,instead have concentrated on just the shock aspect and have in fact pumped it up with steriods.The old movies had a few key scenes were they showed some nice gore but left the rest for the imagination.Shock is great in all but don't think that you can make a strong character film with the names Aliens & Pedator in it and not have the main focus be the story and the characters.Just look at the first Predator Holy shnikes that was one hell of fu%#ing movie.All the actors in that movie had strong characters and I mean all of them.The first AVP had some good story but man the characters and the acting was below B movie level,and the screwed up thing about it was that there "were" some decent actors in it.I personally think the guys directing it seriously dont have any talent,but I'll give the second AVP a chance since the trailer did look pretty cool,although I think they showed way too much in it,perhaps even the ending.But if I start hearing that it wasn't that great or that it sucked I'm gonna wait for the DVD.

Grange Wallis
10-03-2007, 02:09 AM
They definitely have not captured the good parts,instead have concentrated on just the shock aspect and have in fact pumped it up with steriods.The old movies had a few key scenes were they showed some nice gore but left the rest for the imagination.Shock is great in all but don't think that you can make a strong character film with the names Aliens & Pedator in it and not have the main focus be the story and the characters.Just look at the first Predator Holy shnikes that was one hell of fu%#ing movie.All the actors in that movie had strong characters and I mean all of them.The first AVP had some good story but man the characters and the acting was below B movie level,and the screwed up thing about it was that there "were" some decent actors in it.I personally think the guys directing it seriously dont have any talent,but I'll give the second AVP a chance since the trailer did look pretty cool,although I think they showed way too much in it,perhaps even the ending.But if I start hearing that it wasn't that great or that it sucked I'm gonna wait for the DVD.

I concur with this... I like seeing the start of the violence and gore and leave the rest to my imagination. I do think it'd be hard to comprise a movie of these to characters because in Predator 1 more so than 2... You like the humans and root for them, but you kind of like & root for the Predator and it's has more of an action "suspense" feel to the movie. Where with Alien you hate the Alien and root for Ripley, Bishop, Hicks & co and want the Alien/s dead and killed because they are so damn scary and in those movies. In Alien & to Less of affect Aliens, the suspense is more "thriller/horror" suspense, imo... I remember the first time I watch Alien; I had to turn the volume off... The suspense with the music was scaring the hell out of my 11 year old self! So it'd be hard to manage the tension of the Alien movie with the action of the Predator whilst give human characters the time to make you want to like and root for them...

Basically, I think they should have done Alien 1 type movie again with a small swam of Aliens terrorising a small team of Astronauts after 2 or more team members get attacked by face huggers after investigating a mysterious vessel. Then have a Predator sneak on board the ship and try to Cap every one in the ship, including the Aliens... With scenes where the Predator would save a Human/s from an Alien, only turn on the human/s to claim their skulls. It would be great because you'd be like, what's going to attack them the Alien or the Predator... Then the ending could be a mix between blowing the predator out of the air lock, taking his nuke and use it to blow up the ship with the alien in it whilst the survivor would escape in a pod, doomed to be stuck in hyper sleep until the sequel... Done!... Just pay some decent half name actors to star, get Cameron or Scott to direct (thrown an arm & a leg at them) and get a quality composer and Bob's your dad's brother! Cinematic History!

The Chaver
10-03-2007, 07:10 AM
I concur with this... I like seeing the start of the violence and gore and leave the rest to my imagination. I do think it'd be hard to comprise a movie of these to characters because in Predator 1 more so than 2... You like the humans and root for them, but you kind of like & root for the Predator and it's has more of an action "suspense" feel to the movie. Where with Alien you hate the Alien and root for Ripley, Bishop, Hicks & co and want the Alien/s dead and killed because they are so damn scary and in those movies. In Alien & to Less of affect Aliens, the suspense is more "thriller/horror" suspense, imo... I remember the first time I watch Alien; I had to turn the volume off... The suspense with the music was scaring the hell out of my 11 year old self! So it'd be hard to manage the tension of the Alien movie with the action of the Predator whilst give human characters the time to make you want to like and root for them...

Basically, I think they should have done Alien 1 type movie again with a small swam of Aliens terrorising a small team of Astronauts after 2 or more team members get attacked by face huggers after investigating a mysterious vessel. Then have a Predator sneak on board the ship and try to Cap every one in the ship, including the Aliens... With scenes where the Predator would save a Human/s from an Alien, only turn on the human/s to claim their skulls. It would be great because you'd be like, what's going to attack them the Alien or the Predator... Then the ending could be a mix between blowing the predator out of the air lock, taking his nuke and use it to blow up the ship with the alien in it whilst the survivor would escape in a pod, doomed to be stuck in hyper sleep until the sequel... Done!... Just pay some decent half name actors to star, get Cameron or Scott to direct (thrown an arm & a leg at them) and get a quality composer and Bob's your dad's brother! Cinematic History!

This is true,and yeah they should have made another Alien 1 type movie.Ridley Scott once said in an interview that he wanted to do another Alien film but this time do an Alien prequel,were you could show how the aliens were discovered and how they got to LV-426.Or maybe elaborate on the Space Jockey crew and how they lost control of there ship.Or maybe elaborate more on the whole idea that they used the Aliens species for bio warfare,you know an epic Alien war movie.I think focusing on the Space-Jockey species would be great change of direction in a new way,and with today's technology they could pull it off.There's even a possibility to add humans and predators into the mix,or both ideas I talked about above,but slowly through more prequels.

Man.. why I can think this sh%# up and they can't boggles my mind.