Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, while I share some of the feelings many of my fellow Pred and Alien freaks had about AVP, I have hope that AVP will be a nice redemption film. To that end, I thought it'd be fun to have a central place to share images, links, news, theories and anything else related to this film.

Film Stills:

avp21.jpg

avp22.jpg

Predator-Alien Hybrid Concept Art:

temp91.jpg

temp92.jpg

temp93.jpg

I agree with the above , AvP was a much maligned film . It was far superior to the diabolical "Alien Resurrection" , but that film doesn't receive a fraction of AvP's criticism .

I'm taking the hybrid images with a grain of salt, there's no confirmation of it being in the film, let alone what final approved design will be used, I've seen plenty of concept work never surface (those who follow Spider-Man movies will know ala Venom).

really diggin' the photo of the predator holding the alien by the face/neck. the alien really resembles the "aliens" alien, which is my favorite alien design!!

bagelsncheesey said:
really diggin' the photo of the predator holding the alien by the face/neck. the alien really resembles the "aliens" alien, which is my favorite alien design!!

I agree, I like it better than the smooth dome, but I feel the AVP2 design makes the scale-type pattern to the top of the head a bit too defined, almost makes it looks like a lizard or something different than the Giger design for the aliens.

One thing I am digging and realize now was fairly absent from AVP1 is the glowing yellow eyes of the predator mask, modern technology really makes the glow look sweet.

Ummm, since were are all geeks to our our personally suitable degree... Shouldn't this be the Aliens Vs Predator thread... The movie name has been changed! That's right Aliens vs Predator, As in one Predator...solo. Nice tip of the hat to Cameron's Alien movie title...

I'm alot happier about this as you can now say this isn't a sequel to the orginial. I did enjoy it but it was PG-13!

grangewallis said:
Ummm, since were are all geeks to our our personally suitable degree... Shouldn't this be the Aliens Vs Predator thread... The movie name has been changed! That's right Aliens vs Predator, As in one Predator...solo. Nice tip of the hat to Cameron's Alien movie title...

I'm alot happier about this as you can now say this isn't a sequel to the orginial. I did enjoy it but it was PG-13!

One Predator?! Where'd you get this info? Man, I hope theres more than 1 Predator, seeing as "Chopper" and "Celtic" got offed pretty quickly in AVP. I can't see there being only 1 Predator. :confused:

bagelsncheesey said:
One Predator?! Where'd you get this info? Man, I hope theres more than 1 Predator, seeing as "Chopper" and "Celtic" got offed pretty quickly in AVP. I can't see there being only 1 Predator. :confused:

Here, Sorry to burst you bubble:eek: ... But I think it's the trade-off for the hybird!

Granted for a brief time there was more than 1 Predator fighting the Aliens, but there were a multitude of Aliens, it wasn't just one, so to me, there's no point in the title difference unless using cameron's modifications for suit basis and possibly Winston's design for the original Predator and making the title be homage to the films influincing this.

I'm not sure where to post this but I really like the new look for the Predator mask:
IMG_8433.JPG

IMG_8434.JPG

IMG_8438.JPG

Different enough that I'd love Hot Toys to make one in 1:6 to add to the ones from the first movie.

Back