Paintings and photography by Darren Carnall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Carnall

Formerly hunky_artist
Reaction score
Well now, I just logged on this morning.. waded through the usual 2 hours of answering emails and pm's with commission requests... came on here and saw this! A forum just for displaying art :chew

Fabulous!!!

I guess I'll start us off then...............

meltingabstractlarge.jpg

bluelarge.jpg

spinningintheskylarge.jpg

angelslarge.jpg

forestwalklarge.jpg

nileboatslarge.jpghttps:

2005_0528_213644aa.jpg

2005_0601_164604aa.jpg

2005_0601_162048aa.jpg

Damn Darren! You renaissance man, you!! Is there any thing artistic you CAN'T do? :lol

Love the paintings, as well as the photographs.... some stunning work in there. Loving it, can't wait to see more bro. :rock

I literally got teary eyed seeing those first two paintings again, Darren. You know I love 'em both! You really spoke with those two. To me anyway.

And that one shot of the dolphin feeding! WOW! What luck! MAN! You know how hard it is to capture that!?!?!?!
Man!

I have some old shots, and some art...I need to post.
Will do, but for now, loving these images. This was a great idea. Darklord Dave? Was this your's?

Great stuff Darren! As always!

Beautiful work, man. You can do anything, and do it well! May you find abundant inspiration for years to come.

Thanks for sharing! :rock

That picture of the valley and river is beautifull..

Where is it?

Do'h Just saw that the thread was "Paintings and photography by Darren Carnall" Thought it was just and image thread... Sorry for high-jacking the thread with the photos below:

Last edited:
DarkArtist81 said:
Damn Darren! You renaissance man, you!! Is there any thing artistic you CAN'T do? :lol

haha...... i'm pretty sure there's LOTS i can't do :rotfl

figuremasterles said:
I literally got teary eyed seeing those first two paintings again, Darren. You know I love 'em both! You really spoke with those two. To me anyway.

And that one shot of the dolphin feeding! WOW! What luck! MAN! You know how hard it is to capture that!?!?!?!
Man!

yeah, I specifically started with those two as I remember you saying you liked them. That was for you :)

There's a place in Scotland that we go to every year, and you just stand on the beach.. certain times of year, and pretty much every day you see dolphins. We've got some amazing shots from lasat year (the campsite is up against the dolphin beach.. .it's where i proposed to jane, sun rising... golden light... dolphins in the water.... lol) but that salmon feeding shot was one of the first shots we got from the first time we went.

a VERY lucky shot. I'll edit a couple from last year, they were jumping SO high out of the water. Flicking huge salmon way up into the air.. everything. a magical place to be. No cages, no glass tanks... just dolphins... in the wild, doing what they do. We love it there.

Calle_Sandell said:
That picture of the valley and river is beautifull..

Where is it?

pretty much all of the scenery pics up there are in Scotland

pixletwin said:
Not bad (for an atheist). :monkey3

2005_0601_164604aa.jpg

hehe.... I may not believe in any magical mythical higher power, but I still appreciate a good image. And churches and cathedrals are simply gorgeous buildings. Especially that one... that's in Pisa, Italy. (sat right next to the leaning tower) made of white marble... I'll post more pics at some point, they're up on my shapshot site, blobgoesto.com. It's a lovely place

......and to everyone else who left a comment. Thanks, seriously. I'm just lucky I guess.. and sometimes it's easy to take a nice photo if you're in the right place. I loved reading all your comments :bow

Here's some photos from Paris, when we went a few years back for about 5 days. God I love this city.

(I ran out of time editing the pics so I've got a ton more.. might post some more one day)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

yeah I was really lucky there. We were walking along the River Seine, and there were a bunch of students out over on the opposite side having lunch, and as I'm always looking for photo ops instead of just taking in the scenery, I spotted it. Grabbed my camera (as quick as I could) got myself into the right place, and hey presto.... really cool pic.

Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time...

yeah I was really lucky there. We were walking along the River Seine, and there were a bunch of students out over on the opposite side having lunch, and as I'm always looking for photo ops instead of just taking in the scenery, I spotted it. Grabbed my camera (as quick as I could) got myself into the right place, and hey presto.... really cool pic.

Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time...
...and you where. What really adds to this pic is the last 3 people toward the bottom. The couple on the right: with her reaching for her buddy's head...it leads your eye all the way down the photo.

Back