Hello from SoCal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cco805

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Long time lurker here and felt like it's finally time to join the fun.

A little about myself, I'm 23, in college studying to be a legal drug dealer and I have been collecting since 2003. I started with Sideshow/WETA stuff and over the years expended to other companies. Currently, I collect the 12in SW and LOTR figures although I would love to have the money to collect the PF figures. I also collect GG and MR. Like the title say, I'm from Southern California where the seasons all blend into each other and at the slightest sign of rain, the news calls it a storm.:rolleyes: Taking this summer vacation to create a photo archive of my entire collection just in case something happens (CA=earthquake or where I live, fire too).

Welcome to the board. One tip take video of collection on top of the photo this will be very good evidence if you are ever hit with a shaker and need to file a claim for broken treasures.

Sweet! What part of So Cali? I'm in Mission Viejo in Orange County. I'd love to see your SSW stuff too; otherwise you collect most of the same stuff I do. Welcome dude!

Welcome just make sure your insurance covers that kind of stuff, being from Socal I know a lot don't. Earthquakes especially.

jimmyjamesf said:
Welcome to the board. One tip take video of collection on top of the photo this will be very good evidence if you are ever hit with a shaker and need to file a claim for broken treasures.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Time to dust off that camcorder.

The ill Jedi said:
:welcome to the board!

Whereabouts are you in SoCal? I'm in L.A. and there are a several other freaks in the area as well!

I'm actually in San Bernandino County but literally on the borderline. I always try to make it to Frank & Sons at least once a week so if any of you guys go there, we've probably seen each other. To make it easier, I'm a girl, Asian and I tend to hang out at the booth with all the SS statues and stuff when it's open.

mfoga said:
Welcome just make sure your insurance covers that kind of stuff, being from Socal I know a lot don't. Earthquakes especially.

Yeah, earthquake insurance here is expensive and not really worth it but I was thinking of getting insurance just for collectibles. I've read a few threads on it a while back and I'm going to look into it.

Here's a link to a small portion of my collection.

cco805 said:
I'm actually in San Bernandino County but literally on the borderline. I always try to make it to Frank & Sons at least once a week so if any of you guys go there, we've probably seen each other. To make it easier, I'm a girl, Asian and I tend to hang out at the booth with all the SS statues and stuff when it's open.

Uhh Ohh the 909:monkey3

Just giving you a hard time.:lol

cco805 said:
Haven't been to F & S for a few weeks, but I do go there with my buddy. Hopefully we'll see you there sometime!!

Frank & Sons??? ARGH! The black hole of collectible humanity!!!! j/k (sort of...)

As you might be able to gather, we're SoCal too... Anaheim to be more precise.

Welcome to the show! :D

mfoga said:
Uhh Ohh the 909:monkey3

Just giving you a hard time.:lol

Yeah, the 909:lol but it used to be the 714, those were the days.

I do hope I'll eventually met some of you guys either at F&S or SDCC. I love meeting other forum members, it's always a treat.

Welcome aboard! I'm home in the valley in August so I'll probably be hanging out at Simi and Calabasas a lot. (ahhh teequila shots with Sunday brunch).
At least i'll see the sun which has now permanantly deserted the UK!!!!

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Back