Dru up for preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GilGalad HK

Act quick to get the dead bird!

2021_image01.jpg

2021_image02.jpg

Did anybody have trouble trying to place an order for this figure?
I tried several times and kept getting the account update page, but couldn't get past that because the first and last name sections wouldn't allow me to put my name there. :x

Here I was closing my 1/6 collecting for the higher end stuff and then I find out that Sideshow is doing 1/6 Star Wars figures!!!:thud

I never got an e-mail for the preorder and have no link to do it, what gives!

Love the full-length pic!

Very nice job on the costume, though the fur could really use a trimming. I'm not crazy about the necklace, either —*it's a bit much in addition to everything else that is going on — but I suppose the more subtle and tasteful drop necklace was tough to duplicate in this scale. Remember the giant chain on PG Buffy's cross necklace?

Can't really tell if her fingernails are the appropriate length and whether they have the trademark french tips. She also wore black stockings but, it looks like generic boot feet peeking out from under the dress.

And, Grr Arrgh! No Miss Emily! Dru's bio on the product page even mentions "her fetish for dolls." (Btw, I'm not making the connection between Dru and the Gurkha knife. Can someone clue me in? Gil?)

As others have already said, another fine job by Andy. I figured it was him from the hair. Looking forward to a profile pic to see what he did with all those curls! In the past, he has been generous enough to treat us to photos of his unpainted sculpts. Perhaps after SDCC, if time permits, Andy will share some pics of Dru.

I really hope the Buffy line continues to flourish, especially when I see a figure like this. It also reinforces my belief that the vamps, demons, and monsters are the true strength of the line and result in the most intriguing figures.

But with 1:6 Star Wars looming large on the horizon, I fear the sun may soon be setting on the citizens of Sunnydale. :(

dww.jpg

edit: Karen at BtVSFigs board posted these pics of Dru from the SDCC show floor (Great job on the hair, Andy!):

btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sideshow&action=display&thread=1121319665&page=1

Finally I placed my order!
:banana
And, Grr Arrgh! No Miss Emily! Dru's bio on the product page even mentions "her fetish for dolls." (Btw, I'm not making the connection between Dru and the Gurkha knife. Can someone clue me in? Gil?)

Well they have to save something for the regular human faced version don't they? ;)

Good point about Miss Edith. Hopefully you are right ScreamingMetal. I hope we so both human face Dru and Miss Edith in the near future.

As for the Gurkha knife, i think it is just a type of knife (like a Bowie knife is a type of knife). I think it has a curved blade. Kind of like a Scimitar sword, but shorter. Could be wrong, can't think of a specific episode that she has one in though???

Back