Wanted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Thamesvalidude

I, like most people am assuming (always dangerous, but...) that we will soon get a Giles figure and hopefully a Cordy and a Darla. Perhaps we may even get a Riley or a Wesley, possibly even an Anya, Dawn, Tara and an array of big bads. Or maybe that's all just wishful thinking. Even so I am confident that the Buffy family will grow.
I am, however, a little more nervous about the X Files. In order to complete the key character line up we only need a Skinner and a Monica Reyes, yet the latter doesn't seem very high on most people's priority list. Why?
She was almost as crucial as Dogget to the later seasons. Is there some sexism happening here?
I for one want her anyway, even if it's only to balance up my shelf display and to provide Dogget with a partner.

Giles is long over due IMO, I would also like the Furl Demon variant.....only time will tell

Doggett had that geek cache having appeared in Terminator 2. Reyes or at least Gish doesn't really have that cache - what are we going to do - make Mystic Pizza customs?

Oooo mystic pizza customs, yummy........Doh!
Actually Dave, you've lost me there. Geek cachet is irelevant, I'm talking X files completion, not Terminator 2 etc. However, if you are saying that Reyes/Gish would not sell, I may be forced to agree with you.

Doggett had that geek cache having appeared in Terminator 2. Reyes or at least Gish doesn't really have that cache - what are we going to do - make Mystic Pizza customs?

I hadn't realized that Sideshow was now only offering figures with inter-movie or cross genre connections.
If that is the case we should have gotten Planet of the Apes Virdon - Ron Harper from Garrison's Gorillas for the WWII bashers, Jamie lee Curtis from Halloween - think of those True Lies bashes and any number more figures from the Outer Limits and Twilight Zone as most of their weekly stars was also famous for something else.
Fact is Reyes is a main character being ignored much like Giles, Cordy and Skinner.
But, I guess there are more important characters... isn't it time for the Buffy-Bot?

You are totally right Ironman, why am I trying to be so reasonable? If Reyes wasn't predicted to sell well, then it could be a very limited edition (500 maybe??) I'm sure there are many completists out there who want all the main characters and how many episodes did Lance Henrikson appear in?
Oh sorry Dave, I forgot his geek cachet - Alien and Millenium.
I will buy Giles for the sake of Giles, not for Tony Head's role in Little Britain, or coffee commercials, just as I would buy Reyes simply for her role in the X files not for anything else Annabeth Gish has ever done.
Did the guy who played Der Kinderstod in one episode of Buffy have geek cachet?????

...isn't it time for the Buffy-Bot?
I thought you'd never ask! I've been sitting on this one for weeks!

bffybt.jpg

Mulder and Scully had many years to build up a fan base. Robert Patrick had a fanbase going into X-Files, whereas Gish didn't.

So why not Reyes? She wouldn't sell.

For me, my X-Files set was done once I got my Mulder and Scully.
I love my Frank Black, but that's because of Millennium.

I couldn't begin to see me shelling out $45-$50 bucks for any one else in their supporting cast. They were likable, but not $45 bucks likable. $45 bucks for a Frohicke(sp?). Not gonna happen.
How did CSM and Krychek sell? Thats the best gauge.

Reyes might be a harder sell because most fans were turned off by the way X-Files headed, and I agree, Dogget had the ned popularity from T2 to help his doll.

That's just my opinion. I may be wrong. Who wants pie?

Sideshow has to make Monica Reyes! I don't care if she's limited to 500 and costs $65, I want a Reyes! (as long as it looks like her and doesn't have a giant head)

Dogget may have popularity, but if Sideshow can make two Duncan MacLeod figures, they can deliver us one Reyes!

Oh, I'll buy her of course. But Skinner and almost any monster would be preferred for me.

Let's compromise Dave.........limited edition of 300.
I would buy 2 and ebay one!:poke

So with the other replies that only leaves about 294 to sell!!!!:p

Mulder and Scully had many years to build up a fan base. Robert Patrick had a fanbase going into X-Files, whereas Gish didn't.

So why not Reyes? She wouldn't sell.

Sooooo, I guess we won't get Skinner either, unless everyone at Sideshow has their "geek" on for a Shocker figure.
Hey!!!!! Or maybe whoever gets the Stargate license can give us one now that he joined the Atlantis cast.
There are enough talented people who participate on this forum....let's band together and make all the figures that Sideshow left us hanging for!!!!!

Re: Re:Wanted

"Hey!!!!!
There are enough talented people who participate on this forum....let's band together and make all the figures that Sideshow left us hanging for!!!!! "

If you are serious about this, it can be done.

:ar

Re: Re:Wanted

Just think of it......
The figures WE want.
In the outfits WE want.
And looking like who they are supposed to be!!!!

I want Three Packs of "the Lone Gunn Men" and the "The three"(buffy). :drool Please!!!!

Back