Regular Oz has arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Got the human faced Oz last night. I said it when the proto was displayed and I'll say it again - one of the best likenesses they've ever done. I was comparing him to the wolfie Oz and noticed that it's not just the face that is different but even the hair style.

One thing I noticed though - WW Oz has buttons on his shirt, but human Oz doesn't. Thought that was a bit strange. The "GOD" nametag isn't removeable, but it's a clever addition and looks really good so I don't think I'd want to remove it anyway. I also really like the pumpkin accessory, although it doesn't scream "Oz!" to me, it's cool to have. With all the generic accessories that come with the Buffy and Uni Monster figures you can make a pretty decent horror display.

Just got the exclusive of Human Oz! I'm very happy to report that his paint is not Glossy! :banana
The head sculpt is perfect! and it's not too big for his size.
His clothing is similar to the Werewolf version only that the colors and T-shirt logos are different. mine also doesn't have buttons on his jacket, and this one is missing socks like the Were version.
The pumpkin is great! it's rotocasted and the top comes off very nicely! The eye and mouth holes are not cut thorough, but it would be easy to do your self. The bat is a new sculpt, but I have nowhere to put it. It's stuck in a flying pose and doesn't look right unless you hang it with some fishing wire or something. I wish it was more in a clinging/climbing pose so I can place it on his shoulder or something, kind of like a pet bat. I always thought they're more scary clinging to the wall then in flight.
He doesn't have any weapons but I gave him Faith's extra crossbow to hold. He wasn't a fighter type of character but he does need something to hold in my opinion, to bad he didn't come with a guitar. :( Now I'll have to hunt down one to complete him.

The first thing I did was give him one of my Pick-ups. But didn't Oz play bass?

oz

Oz played lead guitar for Dingoes, but he apparently did play some bass. I can't remember the full quote but at one point he said he sold his bass for something. Being a muscian myself I understand that when the money gets tight, the bass has got to go. Of course my electric guitar stays!

Re: oz

I see that a lot of people have either received a shipping notice or delivery for Exclusive Oz, but I have yet to hear anything. I received an email about three weeks ago, saying that orders would begin process and dispatch within a 5-7 day time frame, but haven't received any further notification since then.

Do they follow a certain shipping method according to location and such? Because I reside in Canada, I assume they handle domestic orders before other countries?

I think most of the people that have received them are close to SoCal. You should receive a shipping notice soon though.

and :wilkommen to the board sethssweetie!

I hope that's the case. I'm really looking forward to receiving it, especially after hearing so many comments from people who got theirs already.

And thanks for the welcome! :)

I got mine today and I agree that it is one of the best likenesses that SS has ever done. Awesome.:bow

The only problem I have with the figure is the lack of cool accessories, just like the WW Oz. The pumpkin and bat are cool but I also agree again that a guitar and some sort of weapon would of made this figure perfect. Overall though I am quite pleased with Oz and dare I say that he's probably my favorite SS figure this year.

:skull

excellent that he's a hit! Mine should be arriving in september(live in Australia) along with xander, wouldve been great if he came with the guitar like you guys sed but he sounds awesome none the less. Cant wait!

Can someone post a pic of his face? The paint ops on mine are awful, and I'm not sure if it's just my pickiness. Like his clothes and the candles. The head is on the tad big side, but not sure if it's the paint ops distracting me...

Can someone post a pic of his face? The paint ops on mine are awful, and I'm not sure if it's just my pickiness. Like his clothes and the candles. The head is on the tad big side, but not sure if it's the paint ops distracting me...

We are talking Oz right? I don't have a camera, but mine is painted perfectly. Not too much paint or too little, no stray lines or wayward eyes, no bleeding ears or other common spots, and no glossy paint. The only sloppiness on mine is at the hair line but it's not that noticeable.
When people are shorter, they have a tendency to have large heads, because their head is usually very close in size to that of a taller person (Their brain doesn't get any smaller), also Oz has some majorly big ass hair!

I guess I'm unhappy about the hairline. It seems to have an underlying light wash with ridges that doesn't look filled in and the actual brown hair paint that is straight across and to the side. It looks like they didn't finish painting his hairline. I don't know what to make of it and whether I should send it back. Never seen anything that sloppy before unless it was done on purpose. In the past the ridges were a little too detailed but this time, no details whatsoever.

OZ needed better accessory like a stake or a wooden Cross and a Chans:bang :dunno . Other than that He Came out great!! :rock :bow :toast

Got OZ?

I got my Werewolf Oz on Monday and my Regular Oz showed up today, Wed. Gotta say these are two of the best sculpts I've seen in a long time, especially in the Buffy line. Gotta go in the top three or four of the line with regular Oz. I'm having a little problem with the jacket laying right cause of the thickness of the sweatshirt underneath, but his smaller scale and everything is perfect. This gives me tons of hope for Xander and the future figs.

Re: Got OZ?

I got my Exclusive Oz yesterday as well. The face sculpt is very good. One of the best ones so far. I like the pumpkin accessory too. I don't know why, I just do. :) I'll probably display him with the Dingo's shirt though.

Also, I'm surprised they got away with the "God" shirt. I guess it's a different lobby group than the Elektra people. :rolleyes

Re: Got OZ?

I just got both Ozs too and I love them. Although the regular Oz has flesh colored roots. Not sure if they just didn't paint all the way down or if it's supposed to be that way. And the paint isn't shiny except in the eyes - nice Touch.

I like regular more than the werewolf too. I'd like a full wolf version though, that would be cool.

Back