Saving Private Ryan/Tom Hanks custom...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Bergholtz

In the belly of a whale
Reaction score
Not sure if this has made the rounds yet, it's the first time I'm seeing it... Amazing custom work all around! Beautiful figure...

img0021tr7.jpg

millerheadyd2.jpg

More pics here:

https://theclubhouse1.net/forums/vi...tart=200&sid=00cd8ffcd519988f8a8c722e89e0c6ec

Cocoboloboy said:
I'm really diggin' the custom base and background. I like it as much as the figure.

There is a guy on Ebay that makes those... I think that very one was for sale a few days ago when I was browsing online. It looks fantastic. I almost got a few for my figures. Might just do that eventually. The detail is amazing.

DarkArtist81 said:
There is a guy on Ebay that makes those... I think that very one was for sale a few days ago when I was browsing online. It looks fantastic. I almost got a few for my figures. Might just do that eventually. The detail is amazing.

I'd love to make some of those for my SW figs. Part of a ship or the wall of a building maybe. I think it would be cool. Do you remember what he was getting for them on ebay?

Cocoboloboy said:
I'd love to make some of those for my SW figs. Part of a ship or the wall of a building maybe. I think it would be cool. Do you remember what he was getting for them on ebay?

Looked like about 30-40 bucks....not too bad.

That looks damn awesome!

I love the movie and would love to own that figure. The costume looks great.

Mine is now doomed to mediocrity. :( Except for Josh's paint job, which :rock

custommiller_02.jpg

custommiller_03.jpg

custommiller_04.jpg

custommiller_05.jpg

custommiller_06.jpg

custommiller_07.jpg

custommiller_08.jpg

custommiller_09.jpg

Actually, aside from the boots, I think I actually like the clothing on mine better... specifically the weathering. I studied the uniform in the film VERY closely. I just wish I could get some better pics.

Don't know where to post this first, but I got my MITM/Longbow Miller head today, a beauty cast in grey resin. I think Skwerl is in Canada, and the sculptor may be in Asia, but the caster is in Reseda CA, about ten minutes from me!

Anyway, once again it bears repeating: we get used to looking at these things blown way, way up. I ordered one even though I thought it bordered on caricature. In hand, it doesn't -- just a very nice Hanks likeness. The pore detail everyone wondered about seems to have come out "just right." We'll see what happens when I paint it.

Gruff Old Bear said:
Don't know where to post this first, but I got my MITM/Longbow Miller head today, a beauty cast in grey resin. I think Skwerl is in Canada, and the sculptor may be in Asia, but the caster is in Reseda CA, about ten minutes from me!

Anyway, once again it bears repeating: we get used to looking at these things blown way, way up. I ordered one even though I thought it bordered on caricature. In hand, it doesn't -- just a very nice Hanks likeness. The pore detail everyone wondered about seems to have come out "just right." We'll see what happens when I paint it.

That's great to hear Gruff! I'm waiting on my head now, really looking forward to painting it. I'm getting the gear sometime in the coming month, when DID releases that Normandy Ranger figure. But the painted head will be posted far sooner than that, I'm really itching to paint it.

When we all get this sculpt and get it painted and finished we should all post them. Ill post mine as soon as i am done.

Irish- Your custom Hanks is VERY good, certainly not mediocre!

I do very much like this longbow Hanks. the portrait is top notch. really impressive. I think the paint work is great on the face and base and the outfit is great. it's some FINE work allright!
Trev

miles said:
This custom is up to $1,085.00 on the bay with a day left to go. WOW!! :monkey5

Never seen his before...

Afbeelding1.png

The "A-team" customizers almost work for free when you look at that prize.

Back