Critters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got the DVD box set of all 4 films the other day. I watch No.1 again yesterday. It's great! :monkey5

Does anyone make 1:1 scale Crites or Critters? (with glowing red eyes?)

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

You know, I had actually wondered that myself. I had actually thought about getting in touch with Ron (aka Ronculus) in the near future to see if I could get him to do some for me. I have two Mogwai from the movie Gremlins that he did for me and they are stunning, so I thought he would be the best person to ask about doing a in scale Critter. Only problem is, is that I wont have the funds to do this until sometime next year so I have to wait :monkey2

Hahahaha that'd be sweet. I just saw it again a month ago for the first time in a long time too. That series had some big names (now) in it. Leo DeCaprio, Angela Basset. Werid huh?

I forgot that they taked to each other. I loved the bit in the first one:

*Crites have just been shot at but none are hit*

Crite1: "They have weapons"
Crite2: "So what"

*Shot gun comes out of door. BANG! Crite2 explodes*

Crite1: "*****k!*

:lol

PS. Billy Zane in No.1

I searched EvilBay and found this auction for a custom made Critter Life Size Prop. They don't list who did the sculpt...but I do remember seeing this exact sculpt/prop a few months back when I was searching the internet for a Critters Prop. It might have been on the MoviePropForum...but don't hold me to that. Its listed as handmade and handpainted, is high quality and is made of latex and stands 20" tall and that it wasn't mass produced. It looks to be a pretty good looking prop. Anyways, here's the link. https://cgi.ebay.com/The-Best-CRITT...ryZ60361QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

JonZ said:
I searched EvilBay and found this auction for a custom made Critter Life Size Prop. They don't list who did the sculpt...but I do remember seeing this exact sculpt/prop a few months back when I was searching the internet for a Critters Prop. It might have been on the MoviePropForum...but don't hold me to that. Its listed as handmade and handpainted, is high quality and is made of latex and stands 20" tall and that it wasn't mass produced. It looks to be a pretty good looking prop. Anyways, here's the link. https://cgi.ebay.com/The-Best-CRITT...ryZ60361QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I want one! :D

Me too:D ! I'd love to bid on this item...but I think my wife would kill me because at the moment I don't have enough room for all my movie props/collection as it is LOL! But hopefully we will be getting a bigger place soon and then I can continue to expand my collection. :chew

JonZ said:
You know, I had actually wondered that myself. I had actually thought about getting in touch with Ron (aka Ronculus) in the near future to see if I could get him to do some for me. I have two Mogwai from the movie Gremlins that he did for me and they are stunning, so I thought he would be the best person to ask about doing a in scale Critter.

I actually got an email from Ron last week that he has begun the process of making Critters, and he should have some pics of a finished product in 4-6 weeks.

:chew

On a somewhat related note, Ron, is also making the "Toilet Ghoulie" from Ghoulies.

TOILETGHOULIECOMPLETE.jpg

Last edited:
DetroitSportsFan said:
I actually got an email from Ron last week that he has begun the process of making Critters, and he should have some pics of a finished product in 4-6 weeks.

:chew

Ah man! There must be something in the air!

Do you know how many he has made and how much they will be?

I'm now watching Gremlins! :cool:

PsychoCenobite said:
Ah man! There must be something in the air!
Do you know how many he has made and how much they will be?

He wrote that is starting work on a Critter. He said pricing won't be decided until he gets the first one finished, which will be 4-6 weeks.

It will probably be like the Mogawi, he will make so many of them for a short time and move on to something else.

Start saving your money!

DetroitSportsFan said:
He wrote that is starting work on a Critter. He said pricing won't be decided until he gets the first one finished, which will be 4-6 weeks.

It will probably be like the Mogawi, he will make so many of them for a short time and move on to something else.

Start saving your money!

Sweet!!! I love Rons work and I can't wait to add this to my collection.:D

The first Critters is still great. I have seen it multiple times since I was a kid. However, I had never seen the 2nd one since my childhood til last week. When it came on TBS last week late night, I stayed up to watch it. :confused: That version has definitely not held up. The special effects were crap compared to the first one (although that could have been due to the stupid decision to have so many of the Critter scenes in broad daylight in the sequel as compared to the night scenes in the 1st one). And the acting ... well, the first one was B-movie all the way, but Part 2 makes the first one look like a Shakespearian plan in contrast. Sheesh ... I hate it when joys from my youth don't hold up to the harsh light of age and technology :monkey2

JonZ said:
Thanks for the link JonZ. Awesome!!:chew :chew

Back