Dracula's Coffin Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle jom

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys in the Horror section...

I am thinking of a new project to do and I was thinking of making Dracula's coffin from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"

I was wondering if anyone here has made one. If so, could you post pictures and give some tips?

My last project was the "New York is a Summer Festival" poster from "Beneath the Planet of the Apes"

Thanks!

I just completed the lid of Dracula' bunk. I've also begun work on the bottom part of the coffin. So far I've completed the upper lip of it.

Work is progressing well, but I've run out of balsa so I will have to make a trip to the art supply store. I've determined that the body of the coffin will be 2" with the lower lip and lid it should stand a little over two and a half inches in height.

The lid still needs to be sanded.

I'll post more as work progresses.

Last edited:
Mind posting a quick how to or maybe just showing some close ups of the coffin. I've been wanting to make one in scale with my PF for Display.

Yeah, the lid looks great. Heaps better than mine. Dracula really needs a casket though. Haven't got around to staining it yet. Made a box for Nosferatu as well.

Last edited:
Many thanks to all for your kind words.

Creecher:

Your boxes look great. Dracula's coffin looks to be more from the original movie, and looks fine. Mine is specifically from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" hence the difference in design. So, you're going to stain it. I'm not sure yet.... I don't know how stain works with Balsa. I'll have to test it. If it dosen't work well I'll just paint it. And you're right, every bloodsucker needs a place to rest!

Rocktonix:

I'm not sure I can post a "how to" seeing as I'm making it up as I go along. However, next time I take pics I will place stickers on the box listing dimensions. I think that will be helpful to you, but it is up to you to upsize those dimensions from 1/6 scale to PF. Thats gonna be one big box!!!

Well in the past few days I've purchased some hinges and hardware for Drac in the box. The first picture below shows the coffin lid with the hinges attached. The Count sure looks at home.

The second shot is the coffin with the lid closed and parts of the sides ready to be attached to the lower lip of the box.

Third pic gives some indication of the dimensions of the casket for those who may want to give this a try.

...back to work!

Last edited:
Poelzig...

I intend to crate my Glen Strange "Frankie" up, as soon as Sideshow or ANYONE will give me a Chick Young and Wilber Grey.

Until then, my Frankenstein is unleashed!!!

Here is one quick shot of the coffin. The wooden construction phase is complete!

The next phase will be painting or staining.

After that I will attempt to line it.

Any Ideas on what to line it with to get that crinkely effect are most welcome!

Yeah, the lid looks great. Heaps better than mine. Dracula really needs a casket though. Haven't got around to staining it yet. Made a box for Nosferatu as well.

Keep it up Creecher! They both look great, and really cool! These are just simplier designs compared to Jungle Joms. :cool:

Back