Quarter Scale Pandora's Box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gruff old bear

A while ago there was a thread asking what subjects we'd like to see given premium-format treatment. Like most of us, I posted a list although my first choice, Winston Churchill, was probably the only sell-the-car-if-need-be item I named.

Got another one now, though. Don't mean to open up a whole sports figures thread, but I'd sell the car to buy a Jackie Robinson figure, and not because of baseball.

"People Who Made the World a Better Place"?

It's funny that sports figures don't come up more often. Maybe a 1/4 scale Lance Armstrong complete with bike?

NOW you're talkin'.... We seriously need to get involved with some Sports lines (actually, the only one I care about is Baseball, though I could see others doing really well too). How cool would a 1/4 scale Babe Ruth be, in that old wool Yankees uniform??? The old-style uniforms would be great for 1/6 as well. I'd love to see the obvious:

1. Babe
2. Mickey Mantle
3. Jackie Robinson
4. Stan Musial
5. Ted Williams
6. Hank Aaron
7. Sandy Koufax
8. Ty Cobb
9. Joe DiMaggio
10. Satchel Paige
11. Lou Gehrig
12. Willie Mays

Modern:

1. Bob Gibson (well, not so modern)
2. Cal Ripken Jr.
3. Mark McGwire
4. Ozzie Smith
5. Roger Clemens
6. Albert Pujols
7. Nolan Ryan
8. George Brett
9. Lou Brock
10. Scott Rolen

Special appearance:

Roy Hobbes (The Natural)

The list could go on for pages! It's gotta be done.... :rock

(note: This is just the fanboy in me talking, this does not in any way reflect an actual agenda for Sideshow...)

OK - Pandora's box from my warped noggin.............

Wizard of Oz 1/6 or 1/4 Scale Premium figures or statues.
Every single one - right down to Toto & the flying monkeys.

Song of the South Statues/Busts/Figures (Yeah I know Disney
has a lock & lockout on them, but I can dream can't I???) ;)

Spidey, Iceman, and Firestar Statues/Diorama

Star Blazers Statues/Busts/Figures

Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon Statues/Busts/Figures

Salem's Lot Count Barlow Statue/Bust/Figure
Salem's Lot Glick boy at the window Statue/Bust/Figure...... :eek :thud :x

Omega Man Statues/Figures

Blade Runner Statues/Busts/Figures - We NEED a Roy Batty!

Something Wicked This Way Comes Statues or Figures

Incredibles - I want an Elastigirl 1/4 Scale Statue or figure - would give a LOT for it.
NOT Mrs. Incredible - Elastigirl. (Again - I know - Disney.............)

More to come as I ponder further..............

JS, I've thought about Oz 1/4 scales myself! :clap

If this is turning into a wish-list sort of thing...

I'd like to see:

1/4 scale
Steed and Peel (oh please! oh please! oh please! Peel in her black leather suit! :drool Sorry! just the male pig in me coming out.)
Holmes and Watson (Rathbone and Bruce)
60's TV Batman, Robin and Villains
Rhett and Scarlett (from the "Frankly my dear..." scene)
Klaatu and Gort (I know, Gort wouldn't translate well into mixed-media, but this is just a wish-list after all!)
Ghostbusters and Slimer! (in full gear!)

That will do to start; I didn't even consider listing anything we really are likely to get! Bring on Emma!!!! :naughty

Brainstorm!!!!!

"The Harryhausen Classic Collection"

All the signature mosters and things that Ray Harryhausen
made for the Sinbad movies and Jason and the Argonauts.

I'd pay quite a bit for some o' those items done right.

Because of the size of the Banner etc on my computer I only read the FIRST paragraph of the original post.

Nope, no sports, sorry.

Are there any SPORTS figures that you guys would buy in either 1/4 or 1/6 format?

Sports figures just don't interest me at all but I bet they would look great and draw a whole new audience into the fold just like McFarlane did with their fantastic sports figures. Sports fans spend a LOT of cash.

Being the comics fan I am I want some DCD 1/4 scale figures. That's a license SSC need to pursue.

And of course Indiana Jones which has been mentioned many times before.

An affordable 1/4 scale Alien figures. $1000 is just way out of my price range.

Comic Hellboy is also high on the list.

Those are probably about all that would tempt me in the 1/4 scale area.

Are there any SPORTS figures that you guys would buy in either 1/4 or 1/6 format?

I might buy a 1/4 scale Babe Ruth because, well, it's Babe Ruth...

...but probably not. :p

Here's another! The Iron Giant Statues - regular and exclusive!

I've got the Ultimate Iron Giant Figure, and I'd love to have a
proper Sideshow Statue of him. If they can make a Popbot,
they'd do a damned amazing job on the Iron Giant!

1/4 scale regular version with Hogarth in peaceful mode......

AND - an Exclusive Limited Edition of the Iron Giant in full-on
Kick-@$$ Battle Mode - all guns and weapons extended.

I'd buy both versions in a heartbeat. Make 'em! :rage :curse :peace

1/4 scale 60's TV Batman, Robin and Villains

Now you're talking! And this year is the 40th anniversary of the show.

Andy

Baseball would be a regional thing. I know a couple of the names mentioned, because of the old black and white movies that were made of the baseball stars. The Simpsons, where Burns recruited an all star team, highlights some names too.

I'm not interested in sports, in general, so I probably wouldn't buy any. Sports fans across the world would, more than likely, all have their home grown heroes. A Cassius Clay might be a winner, or a Schumacher in his racing leathers might have a wider appeal.

Glad to see this party started.

I like hulkfan's list, and just to pick up on that classic uniform thing...how about Satchel in his KC Monarchs uniform? That'd be the best team in the Negro Leagues, where he played his greatest games before they finally let him play in MLB. There's a Negro Leagues Baseball Museum that has records and replicas of all the old uniforms. Speaking of the Negro Leagues -- Josh Gibson? Cool Papa Bell? Larry Doby, the unsung "other" barrier breaker?

Don't look back. Something might be catching up on you...

I'm with JS, a Harryhausen classic collection would be the ULTIMATE! I saw Gentle Giant's Clash of the Titans statues at ComicCon (which are pretty cool) but haven't heard if/when they're going to be released.

Any pics of the CotT statues available from anybody? :help

I'd really love to see them. 8o

JS - I took photos but I'll have to find and scan them. I'll probably be able to do it some time next week.

Back