Howdy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornerStoreComics

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Thomas, and as some of you already know, I own both CornerStoreComics and AmazingToyz.

I like to hang on the boards, but sometimes work gets in the way... I'm sure some of you can relate. At the same time, sometimes our work actually gives us the opportunity to be on the boards when we otherwise would not be able to.

My personal collection has been way scaled back (because being in this business can be devastating if you don't put any controls into place.) I'm currently collecting the Star Wars 1/6 scale and Premium Format lines, select other Premium Format figures, and a smattering of smaller scale figures. By getting rid of most of my smaller stuff, I've been to justify to the sheriff (of the domestic sort) the merits of the Premium Format. :joy

I try to be very careful about keeping business-related stuff (sales) separated into the business-related sections of the boards and vice-versa. We do not mind answering product-related questions (if we happen to know -- or think we know -- the answers) when they come up, but there will be no sales pitches in the general forum areas. You folks already know what's up, so the last thing you need is some clown trying to sell you something in gen-pop. :monkey3

I'm looking forward to some interesting discussion. :google

Thanks!
Thomas
CornerStoreComics
AmazingToyz

86759ebe.jpg

68857dff.jpg
:welcome

TOE said:
is your store open to public yet ? thanx

Yes indeed!

We've actually been open for quite awhile in our new location, but we never really did any advertising or announcements for it. Then we did a "better late than never grand re-opening" thingy on FREE COMIC BOOK DAY this year. We even raffled off a Premium Format Elektra (courtesy of our friends at Sideshow) as our grand prize too!

I've been meaning to put pictures of the shop up on the site, but haven't had a chance yet. :eek: The placeholder link for the pics has been in place for months, but the page is still empty. D'OH! I'll probably at least get the shop hours posted there in the meantime. That's an easy "halfway" fix anyway.

The store is set up as a combo comic shop and showroom. We have a big selection of the current comic titles (about 150+/-), plus a growing selection of back-issues (mostly recent), trades and hardcovers.

The "toy showroom" concept is that instead of peg hooks full of crusty, dusty warmers... We've got everything open and on display. You get to fondle and caress each piece to determine whether you like the look and feel before you decide to buy. If you find something you like, we pull a new sealed piece from our warehouse stock for you and ring you up. Voila!

The feedback thus far has been positive. The hardest part is that the nicer pieces get swallowed up pretty quickly once they're displayed. So every time we get the Star Wars or Bowen or Gentle Giant or Tonner sections to that "perfect" place where we think they look great, we end up selling through half of what's on display (including the display pieces) leaving us to start all over again. I know, I know... boo hoo for me. Must be tough. :monkey2

I hope you get a chance to come by and check it out!

Thanks!
Thomas
CornerStoreComics

Next time I come down to LA I definitely will stop by.

Can you post you address please.

Thanks.

ive preordered a ton of stuff from csc in the past. its always worked out. thanks for the great service you guys raawwwkkkkk

devlinboy said:
ive preordered a ton of stuff from csc in the past. its always worked out. thanks for the great service you guys raawwwkkkkk

Thanks everyone!
It's nice to see (hear from) some familiar folks too!

Great store... Even if they were out of stock on Medicom Spawn when I went to buy him today. :)

Hey Thomas,

I welcomed you in a another thread, but what the hell...:welcome! :D

You guys Thomas is an awesome dude, I've had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with him on several occasions, show him some love!

I'll be in for my Medi Spawn this Sat.(?) I promise!

Israel

Welcome and thanks for the great site I just got something from you and have more pre-ordered, thanks for making it a smooth transaction!

Back